Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 58
# 1 Omega missions
01-06-2013, 09:15 PM
So I've reached VA and now my reputations tag works. I made some omega marks during the daily Borg invasion of Pi Canus, but I can't seem to find any other missions (or anything in the pvp queues) about Omega. How do I get to the missions where I gain access to the borg technology? I feel like I must be missing something rather obvious.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 531
# 2
01-06-2013, 11:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by purlenutsack View Post
So I've reached VA and now my reputations tag works. I made some omega marks during the daily Borg invasion of Pi Canus, but I can't seem to find any other missions (or anything in the pvp queues) about Omega. How do I get to the missions where I gain access to the borg technology? I feel like I must be missing something rather obvious.
Special Task Force missions (STFs). I don't think PvP gives any marks (fleet maybe?). The STF missions are in the PvE que. But, it would be infinitely easier if you joined one of the chat channels and do them with pre-made teams- or fleetmates if you're in one.
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 58
# 3
01-07-2013, 10:22 AM
My bad, I meant PvE. All I see in my PvE queue are the normal arena, defense, etc. There's nothing different in my queue. How do I go about getting to the chat channels? Sorry, I know I'm showing my n00bness.
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 489
# 4
01-07-2013, 11:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by purlenutsack View Post
My bad, I meant PvE. All I see in my PvE queue are the normal arena, defense, etc. There's nothing different in my queue. How do I go about getting to the chat channels? Sorry, I know I'm showing my n00bness.
They changed the names of the STF's, and I do not remember the new STF names. However, just off the top of my head, look for STF's with Khitomer, Infected and Cure in the title.
Joined STO in September 2010.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,399
# 5
01-07-2013, 12:11 PM
Infected: The Conduit (Elite) gives 60 to 130 Omega Marks, can't fail, and seems to be the easiest of the other elite space STFs. It usually takes between 15 to 20 minutes as long as you don't destroy a generator too early. If you are into ground combat, then I think the Khitomer Accord one is the easiest one.
Captain
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,843
# 6
01-07-2013, 02:20 PM
Also you can sort the Queue by the type of reward. Gear/Dil will be one group, then fleet marks, then romulan marks and then omega marks. This clumps all of them together for you to see easily.
Career Officer
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 176
# 7
01-28-2013, 01:18 AM
too bad you can't also sort out the people who will boss everyone around, insult, threaten and make fun of anyone who doesn't do as well as them and all that sad revolting stuff that totally destroys the mood to even play cryptic's game.
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 489
# 8
01-28-2013, 09:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by madblooddoll View Post
too bad you can't also sort out the people who will boss everyone around, insult, threaten and make fun of anyone who doesn't do as well as them and all that sad revolting stuff that totally destroys the mood to even play cryptic's game.
People should not make fun of, threaten or insult other players in STF's. If you are in an STF you should listen to the squad/team leader. You can make suggestions in a PUG but listen to what the squad leader is telling you to do. Try to divorce their tone from their message if needed.
Joined STO in September 2010.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 999
# 9
01-31-2013, 03:01 PM
I too concur that with good communication, a 15~20 minute run of ISE would net you enough OMs to last for three~four pairs* reputation projects. You don't need to be fully decked out in Purple Mk XII gear.

*The 800 and the 2000 Omega expertise projects.

Game features I'd like to see improved / expanded: Better Ship Interiors // BOff Costume Slots
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:53 AM.