Career Officer
# 11
01-31-2013, 11:26 AM
That's true. But KDF ship selection has always been a bit limited and the Boff layout of the Vorcha is a simple copy of the fed cruisers. And the most important part: It is a ship from the long forgotten era when ships actually had drawbacks to balance their advantages - in this case low hull to balance the turnrate.
http://hilbertguide.com
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-31-2013, 11:37 AM
As I said in the tourney thread, (which i was hijacking,sorry Pax)

I prefer the idea of setting up fleets to do this, because these new fleets will not be allowed to set up starbases. This will help to maintain the integrity of the matches. No one will leave fleet equipment on these ships, accidentally or on purpose. As most of us tourney vets know, people cheat, either intentionally or accidentally. sometimes whole teams do.
Time played in game. as of 9/12/12 (on my mains) Total 2907 hours.K'zoontite has been on active duty for 34 days, 3 hours, Bot Fly has been on active duty for 55 days, 4 hours, Poppa Capp has been on active duty for 4 days, 12 hours, B'zooka has been on active duty for 12 days, 22 hours,Tater(fed) has been on active duty for 14 days, 10 hours,
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-31-2013, 11:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom View Post
That's true. But KDF ship selection has always been a bit limited and the Boff layout of the Vorcha is a simple copy of the fed cruisers. And the most important part: It is a ship from the long forgotten era when ships actually had drawbacks to balance their advantages - in this case low hull to balance the turnrate.
When I read your magnificent proposal, this is exactly why I thought you did it.
Time played in game. as of 9/12/12 (on my mains) Total 2907 hours.K'zoontite has been on active duty for 34 days, 3 hours, Bot Fly has been on active duty for 55 days, 4 hours, Poppa Capp has been on active duty for 4 days, 12 hours, B'zooka has been on active duty for 12 days, 22 hours,Tater(fed) has been on active duty for 14 days, 10 hours,
Captain
# 14
01-31-2013, 11:42 AM
But but ! My Nebula has weakness ! ME ! But ok...
Career Officer
# 15
01-31-2013, 11:42 AM
I think the most likely source of accidental unintentional cheating is forgetting to unequip the doffs after playing a regular build in a different ship.
http://hilbertguide.com
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-31-2013, 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom View Post
I think the most likely source of accidental unintentional cheating is forgetting to unequip the doffs after playing a regular build in a different ship.
agreed. If you have a toon dedicated to this, that won't happen.
Also, you won't have to respec it.

As soon as my client update finishes, (hopefully sometime this year ) I intend to set up my main Botfly & one of my tacs to do only this. nothing else. That way I won't make any mistakes. Any other Klingon players willing to help me set up a fleet to do this? Any fed captains? I trust the integrity of TSI to keep to the rules, but I've been gone awhile, & don't know about whats going on in PVP anymore, who exploits, who doesn't ect.

Last edited by amidoinitright; 01-31-2013 at 11:50 AM.
Career Officer
# 17
01-31-2013, 12:22 PM
I thought I was one that suggested classic tourney!
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-31-2013, 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the4monkeys View Post
I thought I was one that suggested classic tourney!
I've been gone awhile, so i don't know who's idea it was. One of the other cofounders of my fleet sent me hilberts proposal on Facebook, & I'm coming back to do this. PVP was terribad when I left. & I'm thinking that this would be fun. I'm just afraid there will not be enough interest in it to make it work, & after the tourney I'll leave STO again, because I don't have the money to stay competitive anymore.

I'd love to see a Panda spinoff fleet willing to do this. Maybe "the Classically Sad Pandas"?
& Mancom, I have no problems with peeps setting up alts to do this, or people doing this by just switching ships. I just think the idea would last longer with some people dedicated to this. I could do this all day myself. I quit because PVP became P2W. I have probably spent over $500 on this game buying ships & equipment. I don't want to have to spend any more money to have fun pew pewing, & I'm hoping that I'm not the only PVPer out there who thinks the same way. when I left the last season, i had the "best gear" for my ships possible. I'm tired of having to get new gear to keep up, & paying to gamble for new gear for all of my alts made me quit this game.

Last edited by amidoinitright; 01-31-2013 at 01:45 PM.
Empire Veteran
# 19
01-31-2013, 02:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amidoinitright View Post
I've been gone awhile, so i don't know who's idea it was. One of the other cofounders of my fleet sent me hilberts proposal on Facebook, & I'm coming back to do this. PVP was terribad when I left. & I'm thinking that this would be fun. I'm just afraid there will not be enough interest in it to make it work, & after the tourney I'll leave STO again, because I don't have the money to stay competitive anymore.

I'd love to see a Panda spinoff fleet willing to do this. Maybe "the Classically Sad Pandas"?
& Mancom, I have no problems with peeps setting up alts to do this, or people doing this by just switching ships. I just think the idea would last longer with some people dedicated to this. I could do this all day myself. I quit because PVP became P2W. I have probably spent over $500 on this game buying ships & equipment. I don't want to have to spend any more money to have fun pew pewing, & I'm hoping that I'm not the only PVPer out there who thinks the same way. when I left the last season, i had the "best gear" for my ships possible. I'm tired of having to get new gear to keep up, & paying to gamble for new gear for all of my alts made me quit this game.
Newb! Send you a message on facebook and you're haxing the forums!

FYI, I have a alt fleet we can use already made KDF if you decide to you want to do that. I even have 1 of the engies I plan to dedicate to the classic cause. You may remember him from late 2010 early 2011

Anyway good to see you posting again Bot! Been too long buddy.
-X-/Pandas - Pheo - Didn't watch your stream but was told about it by a little birdie. Since you want this public and all. Lulz. BTW we never wish death on any of you. And wanting a fight so you aren't pugstomping isn't a crime. kkthxbai Hai Pax, Priest, Neo.
Captain
# 20
01-31-2013, 02:10 PM
I've been running Jack Squat in the I.K.S. Swagless as a toon without rep gear or passives, although I did put him in the fleet Norgh. Honestly I kind of gave up and started doing the radiation scan grind for rom marks while waiting for a match because I kept feeling like if I put my other tac with 3 crit consoles, rep +crit, rom doffs, blah blah blah that I'd be popping more feds immediately.

It would be fun on a level playing field, but I'm freaking awful at actually showing up to pew on appointment unless it's after my kids are asleep. I can't promise availability for actual tournaments but I can promise a toon to help you start a fleet that I'll keep to the restrictions.