Commander
# 101
12-23-2012, 07:56 AM
I think it would be awesome for my Klingon to have a new Sci ship to play with, and my Fed a Tac ship. Problem is, I could see Ambassador in a Tac role, but K'vort I would not really consider a Science, but rather a Tac role too. Perhaps, making them *both* tactical is the best way to go. The Devs have a chance to give the Klingons a new ship feature, and give the Feds a ship with a fairly decent turn rate.
http://media.photobucket.com/image/dofftrader/yoreantiques/DOFFtrader.gif
Lieutenant
# 102
12-23-2012, 11:46 AM
I haven't read the whole thread just the first and last page, but my guess is that it's gonna be a romulan ship we get for the 3rd anniversary.

Why? Because of the romulan space set.
It has a stealth rating on it and its supposed to be for both kdf and fed.

While the kdf has lots of ships with cloak, the fed dont have many so it would be a waste stat on the set.

Thats why I think its gonna be a romulan ship with a cloak.
Captain
# 103
12-23-2012, 11:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by titus1608 View Post
I haven't read the whole thread just the first and last page, but my guess is that it's gonna be a romulan ship we get for the 3rd anniversary.

Why? Because of the romulan space set.
It has a stealth rating on it and its supposed to be for both kdf and fed.

While the kdf has lots of ships with cloak, the fed dont have many so it would be a waste stat on the set.

Thats why I think its gonna be a romulan ship with a cloak.
I hope not...though it would be cool to see their design for a 2340s-era warbird.
"It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid."
-- Q
Starfleet Veteran
Captain
# 105
12-30-2012, 05:08 AM
It's a Kazon ship for the KDF and a Talaxian ship for the Feds.

They will go with the new playable races.

YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST!
# 106
12-30-2012, 05:26 AM
It is obvious. With all the talks about a neutral faction, it will be a Pakled ship. With the ability to go. No guns, no bridge abilities, no engine, and as a bonus, your inventories and EC account will be reset to nil.
Vice Admiral Kerayz of the Federation of Misfits.
Survivor of Romulus
# 107
12-30-2012, 05:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thratch1 View Post
I don't think they ever said a FE had to be 5 missions long, actually. They could just say it's a one-episode FE.
technically, FE stands For Featured Episode. which is why their FE SERIES usually lasted a month or so because they only released one Featured Episode a week, like you'd see on TV.

So even though the sotry arc was 5 Featured Eisodes long, doesnt mean they all have to be. it was stated the Ambassador FE would be a one Off.
Joined Sept 09.

Curse you Archived Post.... you stole all my Ideas.
Ensign
# 108
01-04-2013, 03:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captiandata1 View Post
i hope that the reason that the ambassador class was left out of star trek online was because starfleet felt that the ambassador was 80 years old and 85 years old for the prototype uss nx/ncc ambassador need a serious major retrofit and complete rebuilding from the frame up including the stranghing the frames of the ambassador class. also at the same time star fleet needed to deside weather or not to have one look for the ambassador class or have several sub types.

in the end i hope starfleet will produce the uprated the 25 century ambassador class to look more like the galaxy class and will make up uprated verson of the enterprice-c/ambassador, heratio/ambassador, yumanshi/ambassador, late dommion war ambassador refite with the soverien class necells, and maybe an ambassador class with up sized excelsior class necells just to satify the fanpeople of the 23 century
the problem with this is that Starfleet refitted the nx and the connie which were more then a hundred years old so a 80 to 85 year old ship isn't really much harder to refit/retrofit i'd be happy to see the ambassador so I could get all the enterprises but i'd like to see the andorian to but its unlikely the romulan ship they wouldn't dare release yet because they are most likely making a romulan faction right now as the neutral faction on new Romulus the cloaking boost is on the reman set to so the galaxy x and the defiant can use these stealth effects plus i'm sure they apply to MES to
Ensign
# 109
01-31-2013, 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmalak1 View Post
No, never !
A connie (nor refit) is NOT, and never will be a T5 ship. Maybe T3, but a connie in ANY form could'nt EVER stand toe-to-toe with a Galaxy or Sovvie.
The ships in this game are just skins. There's no reason why the skin of one ship shouldn't be allowed to "go toe to toe" with the skin of another ship.

It's not like this is a simulation.

And if it was a simulation the ships would be far different than they are in game and the large cruisers would dominate practically everything because those ships are the ones that have the largest power plants and those power plants are used to power the very large guns that line their hulls.

They would also have better handling characteristics.