Captain
# 1 Accidental Skill Boost use
01-19-2013, 07:02 AM
So, I opened a Lockbox and got this reward. It shows up on my power tray and I decided to remove it ... and must have activated it.

As crazy as this may read ... I don't want a 1K Skill Boost on my toon as I play.

Is there a way to deactivate or cancel it?
Kathryn S. Beringer - The Dawn Patrol

Solaris build - Veritatum Liquido Cernene
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-19-2013, 08:47 AM
I'm sorry, I don't have an answer for ur "problem". But... why it is so bad? I mean, is just 1k, is like nothing, do any mission and it will get consumed.
Captain
# 3
01-19-2013, 10:53 AM
Well, I guess that's true. Due to my limited play time I'm trying to savor each moment. Maybe that reads silly but I'm trying to put off getting to 50 with my first toon within reason and a Booster kinda takes away from that. But 1K really isn't *that* bad.

At the same time, if there was a way to cancel it (or other unwanted Boosters), then I'd like to know. If left and rigth clicked what makes sense to me, but ... well ... ??
Kathryn S. Beringer - The Dawn Patrol

Solaris build - Veritatum Liquido Cernene
Captain
# 4
01-19-2013, 06:01 PM
The only way is to contact support but they might not be able to do much as you already clicked on it.
Age StarTrek-Gamers Administrator
USS WARRIOR NCC 1720 Commanding Officer
Star Trek Gamers
Starfleet Veteran
# 5
01-19-2013, 07:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrscarlet View Post
Well, I guess that's true. Due to my limited play time I'm trying to savor each moment. Maybe that reads silly but I'm trying to put off getting to 50 with my first toon within reason and a Booster kinda takes away from that. But 1K really isn't *that* bad.

At the same time, if there was a way to cancel it (or other unwanted Boosters), then I'd like to know. If left and rigth clicked what makes sense to me, but ... well ... ??
No way to cancel it. Honestly, don't worry about hitting 50 too fast, though. Virtually all the content in the game scales to meet your current level or scales you to meet it, and the rest (fleet actions, mirror event) are level banded so there's stronger versions for higher ranks. So any time you do pretty much any activity you're getting a level appropriate experience with level appropriate rewards.

There's MMOs where the game starts at the level cap, and ones where it ends there, but STO is an oddball. It keeps going through the level cap as if it wasn't a thing.
Captain
# 6
01-21-2013, 01:24 PM
Thought I would point out this as well, but once you reach a certain point (I forget where for Feds, but I think it is somewhere around the Devidian episodes), it is impossible to advance on Mission content alone, You need to make up from either explorations/duty officer missions/etc. to get to the next mission level and be able to play the next content.

With the extra 1k you might delay that another level, but that is about it. You aren't going to really level up all that much faster and by the time you get to 20, that 1k will be used up.
Captain
# 7
01-31-2013, 02:32 PM
And if you're level 50 already, the extra skill point boost (as expertise) will come in real handy for fleet and personal reputation projects.

Joint Dev/Community discussion on customizable and gameplay-relevant ship interiors:
Proposal Document // Feedback Thread