Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Builds, Powers, and Game Mechanics
Login

Captain
I've noticed, as of late, that some of the best boff skills are unavailable to certain 'unique' or 'story reward' boffs, and that only a captain of their career can train them- but what happens if a captain isn't of that career?

Well in a normal situation he'd find someone willing to train them, and trade the boff- but for boffs like the Breen, that just isn't possible. Even if he gets a boff with the skill, he can't get that skill *onto* the boff that he can't trade.

So I'd really like to see some way to fix this. I mean, yes okay I guess you could buy a bunch of boff slots and just maintain separate boffs for ground and space and throw RPing and theme to the wind, but it'd be really nice to have access to these powers despite not being of the appropriate career.
Captain
# 2
01-27-2013, 06:34 PM
Create a "Not for Trade" window in the Trade dialogue box and allow players to train that character sitting in that box. Its like the Enchant box in the trade interface found on many popular MMOs.

And in future when crafting specialties are introduced, you may even add augments to that box for items.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Comm. Pion
What should I wish upon the endless universe;
To be able to smile and forgive everything;
That's right, if we light up the dream in our hearts without averting our eyes;
We should be able to walk whatever tomorrow comes...

I am V. Adm. Kha Yuung, and I approve of this message.
Career Officer
# 3
01-27-2013, 10:42 PM
An old suggestion I liked on this subject was to add skill data pad items to the game. The short version of the idea was to select the skill you wanted to add to the data pad, then send the data pad via mail/sell it on the exchange. After that you use the data pad to train the BOFF in question with the skill you wanted.
Commander
# 4
01-28-2013, 12:26 AM
There is already a way to achieve this:

Step One - Commission a BOFF and train it in the skill you want it to have
Step Two - MAIL that BOFF to the person who needs to train the unique BOFF
Step Three - Commision the trained BOFF and choose "Train" and train the unique BOFF with the skill.

Problem solved!
Career Officer
# 5
01-28-2013, 05:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by glassguitar View Post

Step Three - Commision the trained BOFF and choose "Train" and train the unique BOFF with the skill.

Problem solved!
As far as I know, you can't mail a commisioned Boff, you've got to actually meet and trade it. The trained Boff would also directly join your bridge-crew, there is no way he/she/it could be used to train another Boff.

So, problem unsolved.
First one half of the so called Community complains: "Give us instant access to all veteran rewards, for going lifetime.", then the other half of the same Community complains: "I've earned 1000 Day membership, I want a special reward.".
Stop complaining, if it is enough for you, you could have the "Captains Table" for the real veterans, I don't want access to another dead social zone...

Last edited by torsten1009; 01-28-2013 at 07:10 AM.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-28-2013, 06:02 AM
Quote:

Problem solved!
That doesn't work. Once a boff is trained, it will only ever be able to be traded, and even then it winds up in the active roster. It CAN'T be mailed.

Problem not solved.
Ensign
# 7
01-31-2013, 12:50 PM
Quote:

Problem solved!
Borg Science Officer?
Rihannsu
# 8
01-31-2013, 01:14 PM
I concur with the desire to see something be done about this. I'd love to seemy Liberated Borg engineer that I got in the very beginnings of the game finally get access to real engineering powers.
Captain
# 9
01-31-2013, 02:38 PM
The Sacrificial Boff method would be the best way to do this, but requires having the option to send active boffs to the inactive roster.