Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Commander
# 281
01-31-2013, 02:35 PM
I think it has reached the point where I can safely say:
A veteran sawmill operator still has way too many fingers left to count how many fu<ks I still give about this game.

This doesn't mean I'll ragequit now baawbqq, no. My care was slowly worn away so I wouldn't even care to quit in a huff.
It means that I'll finish my business as far as I can be bothered, do the minimum of what appeals to me about the game yet - and apart from that: stay the hell away, especially with the wallet - and find another activity to fill the timeslot.

Maybe someday Cryptic gets its ***** together.
As a person who started with F2P, quit this game mid-year and then came back before Christmas I guess I simply returned too early.

#EDIT: I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT WAS MERGED HOW BY WHOM, BUT THIS BREAK OF THE POSTS CONTEXT IS NOT MY FAULT. IT'S THE MODERATORS.

He's dead, Jim.

Last edited by lolimpicard; 01-31-2013 at 02:38 PM.
Career Officer
# 282
01-31-2013, 02:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptvanor View Post
It would of cost them a huge amount of money to double the capacity of the server...
Not really. It all depends on what their setup is.
Captain Kirk is climbing a mountain. Why is he climbing a mountain? Is he learning to fly?
Lieutenant
# 283
01-31-2013, 02:36 PM
3000 to go, wow, really? pwe.....
Career Officer
# 284
EDIT: This was merged from another thread...

The free to play matrix clearly states that you get all of the SAME features and priorities as regular gold subscribers: http://sto.perfectworld.com/about/fr...eatures-matrix

You don't get to login before Gold who logs in before free players... You share the same priority level as Gold. If you expected different it's because you did not research your purchase well.
1hr of work @NYS Min Wage 7.25 = 725 Zen
725 x 102 (or current exchange rate) DL = 73950 DL <- can you earn that per hour in game?

Last edited by phantomeight; 01-31-2013 at 02:41 PM.
Lieutenant
# 285
Has anyone heard of SecondLife?, it's a 3D virtual world, that is a very close similarity to STO, and yet there is NO login queue and their servers currently (at the time of writing this post) have 58,336 user online simultaneously, and I have seen even higher numbers up into to 5 figures depending on the time of day and if it's a weekend, and yep, NO login queue.

So, Cryptic, if Linden Lab can do it for SecondLife, then you can for STO.

Last edited by martok16; 01-31-2013 at 02:41 PM.
Lieutenant
# 286
01-31-2013, 02:37 PM
...wait, I thought Gold players had priority in the queue. How... and 'server not responding' before I even load anything up? :l
Captain
# 287
01-31-2013, 02:39 PM
gone from 10K to under 1000 in 5 mins they are sorting it.
A member of Romulan Intelligence. A fleet with over 400 members growing daily, friendly, relaxed, fun. We are the only fleet with the pure name of Romulan Intelligence. Welcome to the Tal Shiar. Look us up in game.

My You Tube new ESD tour Vid part 1: http://youtu.be/2CFCMkr830Y
Career Officer
# 288
01-31-2013, 02:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by valoreah View Post
To be honest, and not trying to be insulting here, but you don't quite understand the economics either. I've a LTS to STO, yet I know of free players who have spent way, way more in the C-Store than I ever have on my LTS.
Indeed, but those sums have trickled into Cryptics coffers in a fairly random way.

Life time subs and monthly subs are a more stable revenue stream, allowing Cryptic to make decisions that require cash in a more sensible way.

Personally I've dropped about as much money on the game as I would have done for an Lts.

However, instead of the perks I would get for that, i got other things. Zen, which turned into things like cool ships, keys, respecs, etc.

My point is, that priority login has always been in the shop window, alongside many other things we could buy. Us FTp players who have spent money have just chosen to buy other things. We cant complain when we dont get the benefit of something we were offered but declined to buy, surely?
Career Officer
# 289
01-31-2013, 02:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoovergkmmc View Post
Yup - seeing the queue decreasing rapidly.

Still think it's weird that I got queued just for switching characters. Kinda a screwy queue system, it seems to me...
I believe the 'change toon' is just a workaround to stop logging out but you do actually log out (I guess). Agreed though.
Republic Veteran
# 290
01-31-2013, 02:49 PM
Just want to point out: THEY ARE NOT GOING TO RUN OUT OF SHIPS.

Instead of zerg-rushing the server why not wait until TOMORROW?
-------------
ISE ISE Ba-bee. "If you got the Borg yo... I'll solve 'em check out this shot while my torpedos dissolve 'em"