Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Captain
# 291
01-31-2013, 02:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by themarie View Post
Just want to point out: THEY ARE NOT GOING TO RUN OUT OF SHIPS.

Instead of zerg-rushing the server why not wait until TOMORROW?
Why do morons line up overnight to be the FIRST to see some new movie when it will be the same movie on Saturday that it was on Friday?

People aren't very bright.
--------------------------------------

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
Lt. Commander
# 292
01-31-2013, 02:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by perfectcryptic View Post
I believe the 'change toon' is just a workaround to stop logging out but you do actually log out (I guess). Agreed though.
Well - guess I'm saying that in other games I've seen, login queues are per account, not per character within the account...
Lieutenant
wow, now I know it's time to move on, and play something else other than STO.

First, I get "Disconnected from game server: Timeout" loads of times, then I get "Can not get map names from map manager" (too many times to count) and have to replay missions because of it, and now, they put in a login queue, and removed foundry missions,, what's next?
Commander
# 294
01-31-2013, 02:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by techstepman1 View Post
Ive been here since a few days after launch i think...and after a few months i got lifetime sub.today i tried to login and for the first time in these 3 years i got a message saying something about login que.Obviously that totally enraged me.I just dont get it.Ive spent god knows how many money on this game over these 3 years...(also a big spender on the c-store,not just a lifetimer,yeah ive spent a lot)...and here i am wondering why cant i play?The way i see it i should have priority in logining in and that is not unfair for any other f2ps cause im a lifetime sub.Isnt that right?...i was at 3120 position for login.Were those 3120s subscribers?...

then again i understand that ,hey its the first hours after the beginning of the anniversary.then again im a lifetimer!yes i'll say it as many times as i can cause i spent money on this game when it was most needed.Why cant i celebrate with my fleet?How did the servers fill?what priority do lifetimers have in logining in?...

yeah im b****ing like a little baby but come on,it drives me crazy to think that f2p newbies are in there partying and im here doing nothing considaring my 3 years subscription.

so yeah...thanks for reading this and hopefully issues like these will be resolved positively(yeah f2p guys are people too,but i would expect something better than having to wait for 3000 people in order to login)
Simply put it's like an exclusive club with 2 queues, one for VIPs and one for members of the public.

When the club isn't full they let in people from both queues.

When it is, the VIPs get to go in first as people come out.

It doesn't mean that security goes in and boots people out so the VIPs can get in. If you got in before it was full, you get to stay, if not, you get to wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thor759 View Post
OK there we have it, because of poor performance you reduce the capacity, looks like a major network reconfiguration has been implemented on the fly - server performance has been patchy over the last few months, looks like some decent load balancing is needed with reserve capacity available. i.e. spend some money on improving the player experience!
Where are people getting this theory that Cryptic reduced the server capacity from exactly?
Captain
# 295
01-31-2013, 02:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by themarie View Post

Where are people getting this theory that Cryptic reduced the server capacity from exactly?
It's from the same Reliable Sources that convinced a bunch of people that the Romulans will be playable in Season 8 after a solid year of developer talk saying repeatedly there is zero chance of Romulans as a playable faction before Season 9. The secret Reliable Sources that can see the real truth of the universe hidden within this elaborate web of lies designed specifically to confuse YOU.

Or something.
--------------------------------------

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
Ensign
# 296
01-31-2013, 03:01 PM
QQ QQ QQ You people must have never gone through a major content update on WoW in the old days. Place would be busted for a week or more off and on. Legions of fanboys scrambling for a ship they will be able to get for awhile are hosing the server. Just chill the hell out. Go watch some hentai or something...perhaps get some sun... leave the basement for a minute.. It'll be ok nerdrage fanboys I promise.
Ensign
# 297
01-31-2013, 03:22 PM
All i have to say on Login que.... Why as a lifer am i in one?.
Starfleet Veteran
# 298
01-31-2013, 03:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rinkster View Post
Indeed, but those sums have trickled into Cryptics coffers in a fairly random way.

Life time subs and monthly subs are a more stable revenue stream, allowing Cryptic to make decisions that require cash in a more sensible way.

Personally I've dropped about as much money on the game as I would have done for an Lts.

However, instead of the perks I would get for that, i got other things. Zen, which turned into things like cool ships, keys, respecs, etc.

My point is, that priority login has always been in the shop window, alongside many other things we could buy. Us FTp players who have spent money have just chosen to buy other things. We cant complain when we dont get the benefit of something we were offered but declined to buy, surely?
So what are you complaining about. You should be happy to be F2P and dont criticize those who "really pay the bills". You are here because of the rest of sub/LTS paid for it originally...please respect others if you want to be respected as well...look at others F2P models that went bust (SWOTR)...we only ask what is fair and getting priority queue is not a right but something that is owed to us since the inception of this game
Commander
# 299
01-31-2013, 03:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsinister82 View Post
All i have to say on Login que.... Why as a lifer am i in one?.
See my previous post in this thread.

Also if people will notice they've taken the Foundry completely offline, chances are they're running the Foundry server as another game server to increase the games capacity.

You know, instead of this craziness about them lowering the capacity and then increasing it again.

Last edited by bluedarky; 01-31-2013 at 03:33 PM.
Lt. Commander
# 300
01-31-2013, 03:40 PM
Is this a joke?

Really, though, the way the game is set up and instanced and all makes it seem like there are not too many people in the game.

This is especially true because NPCs are running around in ground areas, so when you see a group of players it is easy to assume they are NPCs, and it is true because in space areas you mainly see the name and the ships look very small from a distance.

I wonder how many people actually do play this game. A 3k queue is a fairly impressive amount of people.