Ensign
# 11
01-31-2013, 04:51 PM
I am also getting this issue. I'd stopped playing STO a few months back, but a few days ago I decided I'd come back to the game. I patched it up, tried to launch it and bam. I've never used the Steam version of the game. I've tried numerous things like compatability mode, force verifying the files, running it in its safe mode, deleting all the smaller files (my internet isn't that fast) and redownloading them. I'm now attempting to redownload data.hogg (EDIT: This didn't fix it). I'm already running the latest Catalyst drivers, 13.1.

Now this event for the 3rd year Anniversary thing has come up and I'm missing that as well. Damned irritating. I filed a support ticket a few days ago, but at this rate I'm starting to doubt they'll get back to me before this latest event is over.

My system specifications:
Windows 7 Professional x64
Intel Core 2 Quad Q8300 2.5GHz
AMD Radeon HD 6850
8GB DDR2 memory.

There's nothing new in the ERRORS.log when it cashes. Or any of the other log files in the Live/logs/GameClient folder.

Last edited by metritutus; 01-31-2013 at 05:58 PM.
Ensign
# 12
02-12-2013, 12:45 AM
I don't know exactly how, but I solved this by updating my audio drivers. Thanks for everyone's help, I appreciate it.
Ensign
# 13
02-14-2013, 05:25 PM
I think I may be having a similar problem. 3 weeks ago, I uninstalled STO. At the time, it worked perfectly. This morning, I reinstalled and patched 3 separate times and after I click "Engage" ... it goes to the black screen that says "Cryptic" and has the loading thing ... then after a few seconds, the screen goes black and there's a white box with nothing in it at the top left corner of the screen. It just sits there and doesn't load nor does it give me an error. The only option is to pull up the Task Manager to force close it and once I've done that, it gives me graphical errors all over my desktop which I can only get rid of by restarting my computer. I have changed nothing on my computer since the original installation (which I may remind you worked perfectly) ... but suddenly, it doesn't work. All of my drivers are updated. I downloaded it from the link on the STO site, not through Steam or anything. Have the specs of this game changed or something between patches or what?