Career Officer
I just tried to buy more ship slots from the Z-Store and received a message saying that I couldn't buy any more because I reached my limit. What's up with that!? There are tons of ships on STO, and you put a cap on how many ships you can own. SERIOUSLY!? I guess STO doesn't want me giving them any more money. Epic fail! >.> This REALLY needs to be addressed if you plan to put out more ships for us to buy.
Career Officer
# 2
01-31-2013, 04:36 PM
since you clearly have no problem spending money on this game...then you'll be happy to know you can buy MOAR ship slots
Starfleet Veteran
# 3
01-31-2013, 04:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cracobiggley View Post
since you clearly have no problem spending money on this game...then you'll be happy to know you can buy MOAR ship slots
If you read his post he said "I just tried to buy more ship slots from the Z-Store"
Federation Bushrangers
Federation & Imperial Bushrangers
Looking for an Australian/New Zealand fleet?
www.bushrangers.net
Career Officer
# 4
01-31-2013, 04:46 PM
OP, you are not the first to hit that wall.

..and like children playing after sunset, we were surrounded by darkness." -Ruri Hoshino
Empire Veteran
# 5
01-31-2013, 04:47 PM
I've never really gone above 4 or 5 ships total across all my chars (I have 4, 3 of which are KDF). What's the current max number of ship slots you can get? I wouldn't know what to do with so many ships in my garage lol
Career Officer
# 6
01-31-2013, 04:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by velqua View Post
I just tried to buy more ship slots from the Z-Store and received a message saying that I couldn't buy any more because I reached my limit. What's up with that!? There are tons of ships on STO, and you put a cap on how many ships you can own. SERIOUSLY!? I guess STO doesn't want me giving them any more money. Epic fail! >.> This REALLY needs to be addressed if you plan to put out more ships for us to buy.
I believe the current max is 30. If I remember correctly, Cryptic has said they are working on an solution for the current limit. I'd speculate any fixes for this wouldn't show up before season 8 at the earliest though.
Empire Veteran
# 7
01-31-2013, 04:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparhawk View Post
I believe the current max is 30. If I remember correctly, Cryptic has said they are working on an solution for the current limit. I'd speculate any fixes for this wouldn't show up before season 8 at the earliest though.
30 ship slots

I'd be lost in my own hangar!
Career Officer
# 8
01-31-2013, 04:55 PM
I too buy just about every item on the cstore with cash... but I don't keep that many ships around. Do you keep your tier one ships or something and if so why?
1hr of work @NYS Min Wage 7.25 = 725 Zen
725 x 102 (or current exchange rate) DL = 73950 DL <- can you earn that per hour in game?

Career Officer
# 9
01-31-2013, 05:23 PM
I like to keep my ships around because sometimes I do like to fly them. Luckily, I picked up enough Borg sets prior to the reputation that most of have them. With the idea of "role-playing" on STO, as an earlier blog suggested, it would seem like STO would have addressed limit issues.

I guess my thinking is "Why offer so many ships if we can only have a few?", especially when they keep putting out more ships in special missions, lock boxes, and the lobi store. I would think STO would want us to have them all since they would be making money of them.
Career Officer
# 10
01-31-2013, 05:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparhawk View Post
I was thinking 20, so they may have increased it [perhaps with the Smallcraft addition? Hmm].

But as I recall the reasoning for the limit is it causes issues with the database.

[ edit ]
Something like it requires that they load all your ships information [not just the current ones] to the Zone you're loading into, so it becomes very cumbersome as the # of ships increases.