Lieutenant
# 11
01-31-2013, 07:25 PM
you actually thought you would get good gear from a free ship?
ODYSSEY SCIENCE CRUISER - U.S.S. MAIDEN TORONTO NX-971312-B
VESTA MULTI-MISSION SURVEILLANCE EXPLORER - U.S.S. HOPE IN HELL NX-902013-A
Fleet member of Access Denied
Empire Veteran
# 12
01-31-2013, 07:35 PM

Commander
# 13
01-31-2013, 07:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by knuhteb5 View Post
I will admit I tried to unequip the purple gear towards the end of the mission just before I had to rescan the anomaly. Didn't show up in my inventory, though Q_Q_Q_Q.
i tryed to take it all just after undocking would of really liked the armor mostly ah well
Lieutenant
# 14
01-31-2013, 08:42 PM
Just read in zone chat:

"I think you should have been able to tkae that gear off the ship, only for it to not work when they go into combat"

That would have been funny as hell. Cryptic missed the best opportunity for a practical joke ever!
Captain
# 15
01-31-2013, 08:48 PM
When I saw the awesome gear on the Ent-C, I did a doubletake.

I seriously think we're in yet a new timeline where the ship must have survived Narendra III. Because I pwned an entire Tholian fleet with a hundred year old ship (not design, the actual ship is 100 years behind the times compared to the Tholians) with the best of the best gear any player could want. Maybe the Tholians upgraded it?

Whatever the case, I can't wait to hear all about Admiral Yar and her ongoing feud with her estranged daughter Sela whom she conceived with a Romulan general who defected when he was captured at Narendra III, documented as the glorious day when the Enterprise C turned four Romulan Warbirds inside-out in 30 seconds flat. The Klingons were so impressed that Yar was the first non-Klingon to be presented with the medal of the Order of Kahless by K'mpec himself in 2345.

Because that's the only logical conclusion I can draw about what will happen after completing the anniversary mission.
Career Officer
# 16
01-31-2013, 08:52 PM
Tried the Tier 5 version of the ship tonight just for fun. Built it the way I did my Fleet Excelsior, though this has an extra tact slot for officers I believe. This is essentially a suped up excelsior as far as I can tell. My crit has jumped exponentially (higher than Excel) and it tanks quicker than any cruiser I have ever flown (including Excelsior). Just my two cents but as far as I am concerned this is as close to the Connie at end game as we are ever going to get and admittedly, I am loving it so far!
"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward." - Rocky Balboa (2006)
Lieutenant
# 17
01-31-2013, 08:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianmetalfan View Post
you actually thought you would get good gear from a free ship?

Yea. I thought get something decent considering its almost 100 year old ship. Besides it be a nice little gift. All it is is few pices of purple gear.
Starfleet Veteran
# 18
01-31-2013, 09:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by knuhteb5 View Post
I will admit I tried to unequip the purple gear towards the end of the mission just before I had to rescan the anomaly. Didn't show up in my inventory, though Q_Q_Q_Q.

The equipment is labelled as Fused. Naturally, it is not going to be coming out without breaking it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fulleatherjacket View Post
Whatever the case, I can't wait to hear all about Admiral Yar and her ongoing feud with her estranged daughter Sela

Why does she have to be estranged? Sela can follow her momma around in a puffy, frilly, pink dress while carrying an over-sized rainbow-swirl lollipop.
Captain
# 19
01-31-2013, 09:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugspatteredjack View Post
My crit has jumped exponentially (higher than Excel)
How did you accomplish this? There should be no difference.
Lieutenant
# 20
01-31-2013, 09:49 PM
It doesn't come with purple gear so when it goes into the C-store with purple gear and some xyz console, you'll pay to get another of what you just got for free .

Infact I'm not positive but I think the Ambassador in the mission had more science boffs than the Retrofit, so that's probably a hint at what's in store in the C-Store.

Last edited by souli76; 02-01-2013 at 12:03 AM.