Captain
# 21
01-31-2013, 08:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenmirror2012 View Post
What about the 3 oddys. How about the 3 vestas, what of the ENTIRE dilithium for ships change. RA ships cost dilly! Rediculus amounts of dilly. Hows about the removal of the free VA ship. Now if u want a ship at VA u need to pay. How about the ambassador class that im 80% sure will be in the C-Store after the event is over. .
1. So what if the ambassador class heads to the C-Store after this. You've got yours and with what's been popping out of the lock boxes you can find SOME special console to throw on it in lieu of whatever cryptic may dump in with the paid version (if they ever go that way. My feeling though is that it'll make a better fleet ship.)

2. On an ENTIRELY free to play account I just earned enough Dilith for a Vesta since the new year. Unlike other MMO's you can earn whatever the hell you want just through playtime. Complaining that there's a monotized shortcut is pretty petty. It's there, you don't need to use it if you don't want to, and it helps the devs keep the game running and content coming in.

3. Tholian slave jumpsuits would be sweet though....but as much as I or you might want it I wouldn't exactly appreciate it if we had what looked like a prison riot breaking out on ESD. I wouldn't want it instead of the YE gear (which can do a lot to spice up other costumes), but it would have been cool as a special reward for something in the episode that not just anyone could get easily.
Captain
# 22
01-31-2013, 09:04 PM
People exhibiting an inappropriate notion of entitlement should get their heads out of the clouds and remember it's a business not a charity, a game, not welfare. I for one am very thankful for all I can do in this game, for free and for the fact that I could get anything else with just a little effort without having to pay a dime.
Having a jumpsuit as a garment option might be ok for a modest C store price, maybe not the Tholian slave garment per say but a coverall similar to what has been seen in various episodes of the various series. I don't see the attraction myself, it is a rather plain garment.

Last edited by maxvitor; 01-31-2013 at 09:07 PM.
Captain
# 23
01-31-2013, 09:18 PM
Whilst I have no real desire to get one of those jumpsuits, I wouldn't mind seeing them in the C-store (account wide unlock, please).

I also think one should be able to change the color, as movie canon shows late 24th Century Starfleet technicians wearing them where standard uniforms were inappropriate for heavy work:

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Star...tility_uniform

Game features I'd like to see improved / expanded: Better Ship Interiors // BOff Costume Slots
Rihannsu
# 24
02-01-2013, 02:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenmirror2012 View Post
Lol some. most of it is pay for. The majority is pay for. And ill edit the first message to 90% of everything cruptic adds is Pay to get.
With the exception of every single one of the missions and all future missions and the ability to earn everything in game via EC or dilithium. the game is 100% free if you want it to be, and if you invest time into it.

of course most of the trinkets are paid for but there are still ways to avoid paying any money and still get everything. the oyddy and bortasq was free, the breen ship was free, these new ships today ships are free. you could argue the 1000 days ships are free as no one expected them when they bought their subs in the first place. all the winter event items and costumes were free.

how much exactly do you want for nothing here?

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Captain
# 25
02-01-2013, 04:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainrevo1 View Post
More, apparently.

But then, there's always a few ungrateful -redacted- that want more and will constantly whine about how they deserve everything for free, and they deserve it NOW.
Captain
# 26
02-01-2013, 04:41 AM
At the very least, it would be great to get these style of jumpsuit costumes into the Foundry!

This character is why I don't play my Romulan any more. Tovan Khev is NOT my BFF! Get him off my bridge!
Survivor of Romulus
# 27
02-01-2013, 04:58 AM
the jumpsuit is the enterprise outfit... the top half has been retextured and the zip colour changed... the pants/trousers have just changed colour.

that said.. I want the Tholian symbol for the back
Republic Veteran
# 28
02-01-2013, 05:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
STO is F2P. Of course there are going to be items that are available for purchase; however; I was clearly rebutting your comment that "Cryptic erm PWE wont put anything in this game unless they can make money," as it is false and proved by just the few giveaways that I mentioned.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

EDIT: Not sure how this got merged. I fixed it
I understand the need to charge in a F2P game, but the amount of free vs paid is a little one sided, even for paying customers.

I saw a post somewhere about how the F2P matrix for sto was one of the best, that is absolutely true, if your a free player, if your a paying player not so much.

You cant say vet rewards, whats after the last vet reward...nothing, if your not a lifer at that point what exactly are you paying for, most gold rewards were aloud to stay with nonpaying members if they subed at some point. so if i quit paying i loose nothing, if i keep paying i gain nothing, and with no incentive to pay, theres no inventive to make paying worth while, hence why regardless of gold or silver you pay the same.
Republic Veteran
# 29
02-01-2013, 05:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainrevo1 View Post
With the exception of every single one of the missions and all future missions and the ability to earn everything in game via EC or dilithium. the game is 100% free if you want it to be, and if you invest time into it.

of course most of the trinkets are paid for but there are still ways to avoid paying any money and still get everything. the oyddy and bortasq was free, the breen ship was free, these new ships today ships are free. you could argue the 1000 days ships are free as no one expected them when they bought their subs in the first place. all the winter event items and costumes were free.

Im not questioning the ability to earn everything ingame, my issue is with the matrix. It completly favors silver while screwing over gold.
Lieutenant
# 30
02-01-2013, 05:40 AM
I would love to have the jumpsuits available, they would look boss on my recluse crew.