Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Career Officer
# 51
01-31-2013, 05:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jockey1979 View Post
If you really want to mix things up, what about the ST:VOY episode called "Dreadnought", that was smaller than than the Intrepid class and more powerful.

Still, this is a game, leave logic at the login screen as it has no place in the game lol
Even better: it was a suicide missile better armed than any Cardassian warship we've ever seen.
It was even armed with Quantum Torpeodes (always wondered by the Mquis never bothered to just strip it of those weapons and use them for themselves).
But to be fair, "Dreadnought" was just the name it was given by the Maquis, not the supposed class of that thing.

Last edited by misterde3; 01-31-2013 at 05:16 AM.
Captain
# 52
01-31-2013, 05:50 AM
No ship should have 3 Ensign Engineering BOFF slots until something is done about Ensign Engineering BOFF abilities.
Captain
# 53
01-31-2013, 06:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer View Post
No ship should have 3 Ensign Engineering BOFF slots until something is done about Ensign Engineering BOFF abilities.
We're talking about Dreadnoughts and Tac consoles, not Engineering Boffs. Wrong thread

stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
My Useful List of STO Forum Threads, Ship Builds & More!
It's about time. DEVS NEED ACCOUNTABILITY.
Captain
# 54
01-31-2013, 06:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stardestroyer001 View Post
We're talking about Dreadnoughts and Tac consoles, not Engineering Boffs. Wrong thread
In regard to the Ambassador vs. Galaxy... you're looking at 3 Ensign Engineering BOFFs on the Galaxy (as well as the reduced Tac console). So it's not just the Tac consoles that is reducing the effective firepower of the Galaxy vs. the Ambassador - it's also those Engineering Ensign BOFF abilities.

Were there additional abilities - were you able to slot something else higher because of that - you might be able to balance around the additional Tac console the Ambassador has over the Galaxy. Since that's not the case, it makes the additional Tac console issue that much worse.

So I wouldn't say it was the wrong thread...rather a case of the Tac console not being the only limiting factor involved. A 2 Tac console Sci Vessel with 3 Ensign Sci BOFFs is going to have more balancing options than a 2 Tac console Cruiser with 3 Ensign Eng BOFFs...

...having one less Tac console might not be as bad, if there was simply more you could do with the Eng BOFFs on the boat than you currently can.

Simple as that...
Lieutenant
# 55
01-31-2013, 08:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii View Post
I blame Picard.

Whenever Worf wanted to show off the Enterprise D firepower, Picard always denied him.

But, the Enterprise D was known for taking hits, so it was a tank in TNG.
That was until Star Trek Generations. Starfleet figured The Galaxy was way too OP and desdided to Nerf it to the point where a few Proton Torps from a Old as dirt Bird of Prey was able to disrupt the Anti mater containment field to destroy the ship.
Lt. Commander
# 56
01-31-2013, 08:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcbys1 View Post
That was until Star Trek Generations. Starfleet figured The Galaxy was way too OP and desdided to Nerf it to the point where a few Proton Torps from a Old as dirt Bird of Prey was able to disrupt the Anti mater containment field to destroy the ship.
Well, multiple disruptor and pohton torpedo strikes to your Star Drive section (where your Warp Core and the fuel storages are housed) will do that to your ship... especially when said BoP can IGNORE your shield.
Lieutenant
# 57
01-31-2013, 11:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii View Post
If it never happened on screen it's not real
This entire thread is total nonsense but this comment tops the whole lot.

I think neo meant if its not on TV it is not canon, but who knows what is going on in this guys head. Either way its nonsense.

Just because the TV series does not show Janeway coming out of her mothers you know what, it does not mean that the character was not born in the world of Star Trek. You not learn any logic from Spok?

The rest of you guys struggling to build a good cruiser then? lol
Starfleet Veteran
# 58
01-31-2013, 12:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fulleatherjacket View Post
And that they don't want the Exploration cruiser line to be effective. Because of Ambassador.

I'd like Cryptic to comment on this decision; that the Galaxy class is now weaker combat-wise to not one, but both of the ships preceding it.

I don't think Cryptic hates the Galaxy class, but I do think they love to troll everyone who loves that ship.
I was just wondering... Would you please tell me where Cryptic stated that they don't want the Exploration Cruiser to be "effective"?? And what did they say it wasn't supposed to be effective doing?
Captain
# 59
02-01-2013, 03:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redheadguy View Post
I was just wondering... Would you please tell me where Cryptic stated that they don't want the Exploration Cruiser to be "effective"?? And what did they say it wasn't supposed to be effective doing?
Read the thread title, junior. I said "Cryptic tacitly admits". Here's a dictionary definition of what "tacit admission" means:

Quote:
If you refer to someone's tacit agreement or approval, you mean they are agreeing to something or approving it without actually saying so, often because they are unwilling to admit to doing so.
Lieutenant
# 60
02-01-2013, 04:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fulleatherjacket View Post
Read the thread title, junior. I said "Cryptic tacitly admits". Here's a dictionary definition of what "tacit admission" means:
I would still like the source for this admission.
Ignorance is an obstacle not an excuse
Let the stupid suffer