Starfleet Veteran
# 11
02-01-2013, 06:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoge00f View Post
Hear, hear!

Does Sensors actually do anything against SS and AMS? I have not seen it do jack. I still get SSed and AMSed quite nicely.
My mistake. In reviewing my notes from class again, my coach said AMS has no counter. However, 6 pips in Sensors will significantly reduce down time from Scramble Sensors.
Captain
# 12
02-01-2013, 06:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoge00f View Post
Yeah, does anyone here want to test on Holodeck when it comes up?

I mean, test the effectiveness of Sensors against SS and AMS.

I'd love hard numbers to see how much I should spend on Sensors.
I have 9 points on my sci and have yet to be attacked with AMS or SS but she has yet to make VA so I'll see how she fares with Queenie when I can
Captain
# 13
02-01-2013, 06:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonulinu2 View Post
My mistake. In reviewing my notes from class again, my coach said AMS has no counter. However, 6 pips in Sensors will significantly reduce down time from Scramble Sensors.
Who coached you then? I`ll personally slap that person, cause AMS`s counter is sci team, and he/she should have known that.
Co-founder of The Spanish Inquisition TSI - Cause no one expects it!

PaxOttomana: gawd mirror event is like fighting a tsi premade, they keep comin and comin!
Captain
# 14
02-01-2013, 06:47 AM
I personally and most of our top healers in Pandas do not spec sensors - This overall is a waste of points which can be better spent elsewhere. The other healers would cleanse you of the relevant debuffs (Part of being a team setup is to min max your roles within the team to become most effective at the said role)
aka NazHuggyBear2

"No, there is no real problem with P2W in STO. Obviously, if you fight against someone with an equal level of skill in the game, better equipment will give you an edge. But usually, it is the skill level that determines the outcome, not the P2W." - Sprinkles
Captain
# 15
02-01-2013, 06:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by devorasx View Post
Who coached you then? I`ll personally slap that person, cause AMS`s counter is sci team, and he/she should have known that.
It wasn't me

sci team cleanses it

By the way sonulinu2, reduce your Threat control down to six, max out energy weapons and then batteries. More overall benefit in both PVE and PVP
aka NazHuggyBear2

"No, there is no real problem with P2W in STO. Obviously, if you fight against someone with an equal level of skill in the game, better equipment will give you an edge. But usually, it is the skill level that determines the outcome, not the P2W." - Sprinkles

Last edited by naz4; 02-01-2013 at 06:52 AM.
Lieutenant
# 16
02-01-2013, 07:17 AM
A couple things I did notice:

1) You have points in Attack Patterns but your not using any. I would either move those points elsewhere or possibly run a AP: Delta instead of the FAW.

2) Are you going for a damage/healing spec? Because I noticed that you have 6 points in Weapon Performance as well as your running a EPtW and a EPtS. Extend Shields resist power is helped by your own shield power, so you might wanna run 2 copies EPtS to keep the full up time.

3) You have no points in Inertial Dampeners. One of the most common counters to Extend Shields is Photonic Shockwave or Repulsors. Without points into dampeners, I've personally noticed you get pushed/stunned quite a bit from those skills so it could hinder your ability to help your teammates.
Risa Squadron
Starfleet Veteran
# 17
02-01-2013, 07:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by devorasx View Post
I'm sure it was my error in note taking and not the coach. And it was definitely not Naz.
Starfleet Veteran
# 18
02-01-2013, 07:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by heegoo419 View Post
A couple things I did notice:

1) You have points in Attack Patterns but your not using any. I would either move those points elsewhere or possibly run a AP: Delta instead of the FAW.

2) Are you going for a damage/healing spec? Because I noticed that you have 6 points in Weapon Performance as well as your running a EPtW and a EPtS. Extend Shields resist power is helped by your own shield power, so you might wanna run 2 copies EPtS to keep the full up time.

3) You have no points in Inertial Dampeners. One of the most common counters to Extend Shields is Photonic Shockwave or Repulsors. Without points into dampeners, I've personally noticed you get pushed/stunned quite a bit from those skills so it could hinder your ability to help your teammates.
Hi and thank you for the above.

1. This Boff build is for when I PvP for heal/support. I have a different Boff set up when I PVE/tank; and I do use APD then as well as FAW.

2. For PvP really just going for healing. I have FAW for the oh so slight but why not inflict some damage if I can (and the potential procs of course). I have Skills in Weapons primarily for PvE to tank. I only run one copy of EPtW and EPtS because I run 3 Dmg Control Doffs (or whichever one give the chance to reduce EP CDs). For PvP my remaining 2 Doffs are the ones that reduce ET CD.

3, Ty for the thought on Inertial Dampeners. Never crossed my mind and I was probably daydreaming during class when that was brought up. With all these great suggestions from you and the other above experts, my head is spinning on how to finalize my tree.
Lieutenant
# 19
02-01-2013, 07:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonulinu2 View Post
Hi and thank you for the above.

1. This Boff build is for when I PvP for heal/support. I have a different Boff set up when I PVE/tank; and I do use APD then as well as FAW.

2. For PvP really just going for healing. I have FAW for the oh so slight but why not inflict some damage if I can (and the potential procs of course). I have Skills in Weapons primarily for PvE to tank. I only run one copy of EPtW and EPtS because I run 3 Dmg Control Doffs (or whichever one give the chance to reduce EP CDs). For PvP my remaining 2 Doffs are the ones that reduce ET CD.

3, Ty for the thought on Inertial Dampeners. Never crossed my mind and I was probably daydreaming during class when that was brought up. With all these great suggestions from you and the other above experts, my head is spinning on how to finalize my tree.
ahhh, I apologize I didnt see the would be used in PvE and PvP part.

this is an example of what I use as a tree/setup for one of my engineers that does pve/pvp

http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skil...p?build=neye_0

here's a link you should check out regarding the skill tree and point allocation. It shows you the benefits/downsides from putting 3/6/9 points into different areas of your tree. I' not sure who did this to properly give them the credit but I've found it extremely useful.

http://home.comcast.net/~amicus/Skil...%20Effects.htm
Risa Squadron

Last edited by heegoo419; 02-01-2013 at 08:08 AM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 20
02-01-2013, 08:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by heegoo419 View Post
here's a link you should check out regarding the skill tree and point allocation. It shows you the benefits/downsides from putting 3/6/9 points into different areas of your tree. I' not sure who did this to properly give them the credit but I've found it extremely useful.

http://home.comcast.net/~amicus/Skil...%20Effects.htm
Wow, thank you this is really very helpful!

It seems that for the most part going to 9 from 6 is hardly worth it. I wonder why then many experts suggest 9 points in, for example, Warp core potential and Electro Plasma, unless the practical experience proves otherwise. Heck if I went 6 points instead of 9 in my current skills I could easily include Sensors, Dampeners, and Flow. But I'm sure I'm missing something important.

I know, Cryptic just give me an additional 100k Space Skill points plz.