Lt. Commander
# 21
01-30-2013, 04:07 PM
It's really beginning to look like Season 8 will be do-or-die for Cryptic. With all these expectations and hopes riding on the hype they've spread it could either make this MMO great again or send it down the drain in tatters after the disappointed rage hits.
Career Officer
# 22
01-30-2013, 04:19 PM
Not to dash KDF hopes -- but they've also said Season 8 would mark the return of the full fledged FE series format. It could be it's a teaser for a new Romulan based FE series (and remember the ramp ups to 'The 2800' FE series about one year ago.

Although I'm not a big Klingon fan (I do have a Level 50 Klingon character who has played the KDF content to date though); I DO think it's time for Cryptic/PWE tom STOP teasing KDF players with comments like "This will be a good update for the KDF...etc. With then Dev Team size still ramping up; said STO team going to a 6 day work week, etc -- IMO it's time for Cryptic to come clean and state unambiguously:

- IF the KDF faction will get a separate tutorial and a complete Level 1 - 50 PvE experience/track.

- The way future playable factions (if any - such as Romulan) will be implemented.

The constant vague --' oh, there's stuff for KDF too' line has got to go, replaced by a non-ambiguous answer. Either finish the KDF or let them know PVE track wise things are as good as they're going to get.
Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012 http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91861979000&dateline=  1340755546
PWE Drone says, "Your STO community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
Republic Veteran
# 23
02-01-2013, 07:01 AM
I'd still like to know why they put another faction in the game, with no intention of having equal content for said faction. Seems like a bit of an own goal if you ask me. Let's hope that is soon corrected, but I'm not going to get my hopes up just yet.
Empire Veteran
# 24
02-01-2013, 07:36 AM
they have not said thier adding a new faction..

people are assuming with the "Under the wings of the raptor" image thats its another faction.

Its a new FE featuring the Romulans most like with the return of Sela

((Denise crosby is not going to spend a few days at cryptic and do voice interviews/adverts for just two lousy mission, even if it is the 3 anniversery shlock...with what they have to pay her you can bet your butt they're going to use her voice and get every last penny out of her time.))

we've heard from a number of Cryptic scources.. "No New Factions untill the KDF is finished"

we need a bit more untill we're.. finished/complete as a faction. and everytime they add stuff to the feds they create more they must add to the KDF. chill, relax.. our time is coming.

Khemaraa sends
Release 8.5 "STO The Next Generation"

Let the happy old bug stomping commence, along with refinement toward enhancing each factions play experience!
Empire Veteran
# 25
02-01-2013, 09:01 AM
I am also somewhat hopefull!

Another factor...I listened to a recent podcast that discussed Season 8 (just hints really) but one thing that Mr. Stahl said in that podcast was that they have almost reached saturation point for Federation ship types -- all of the ships they originally wanted in the game have been produced and put in...

But he also hinted that this was not the case for...well....us. Or at least that is how I interpreted it.

What does that mean for the KDF? Well...if they have reached saturation point with the Feds, then that means that they are going to have to create new classes and types of ships -- which means a rigorous approval process...whereas not all of the Klingon ships -- and some other races -- are not in game yet.

That is yet another hopefull factor for KDF...not saying it really means anything...but it could be a factor.
Empire Veteran
# 26
02-01-2013, 12:25 PM
Yep, and the process for vetting non federation ships is quite a bit easier for them (which has been stated in the past).. for that matter, any ship that has never been in one of the series, or movies is much easier for them to put in game. Costume/clothing options are slightly more difficult, but theres still plenty of Klingon clothing options both male and female that have never been touched. Jadzia Dox wedding dress (and varients there off which qualify as Klingon "Formal" wear.. or looking back at ST-III "Search for Spock" marvelous and amazing outfit and we saw on a certain Klingon female spy.. (and how about that little itty bitty civilian frieghter? Why haven't we seen that yet?) then there was Klingon cloathing in both "Enterprise" and Voyager that has yet to be seen in game.

There is plenty of room yet to develop the KDF shinies. I listened to that Interview ZTempest.. Stahl did indeed admit that the Fed side is pretty saturated, and more then nuff canon KDF goodies to keep the Cryptic art dept busy for a year of so. And there is still more variation availible for fed off duty wear.

Still, KDF faction doesn't differentiate as muich as the Federation does between unifrom, and civilian wear. That has to do with the nature of Klingon society though.

Ah well, hurry up and wait.. I should be used to it by now, but I'm not.

Khemaraa sends
Release 8.5 "STO The Next Generation"

Let the happy old bug stomping commence, along with refinement toward enhancing each factions play experience!
Survivor of Romulus
# 27
02-01-2013, 02:12 PM
I will say one thing....3 words....

Dahar Master Jacket!

----------------------------------------------
Show your support for the Revamped Galaxy Class Exploration Cruiser here!
Empire Veteran
# 28
02-01-2013, 03:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkzenithuk View Post
I'd still like to know why they put another faction in the game, with no intention of having equal content for said faction. Seems like a bit of an own goal if you ask me. Let's hope that is soon corrected, but I'm not going to get my hopes up just yet.
The feds are valued as a monterary resource. We KDF fans have blatantly been told this and have our fandom devalued accordingly due to thier narrow vision.

Which is sad as even a dumb pimp knows not every john enjoys the same flavor.
Roy Hatch (stryker) soldier, friend, and good man.
1945-2014
RIP