Career Officer
# 21
02-01-2013, 07:33 AM
Tactical team - Removes debuffs for 10s when all other teams work for 5s. Makes debuffing nearly impossibly

Mask Energy Signature - I can't think of a use for this in any part of the game. The cloak's low value can be seen even by NPCs from far off.

Photonic Officer - Woefully underpeforming compared to advertised rates, long cool down. The ability seems to scale very little between tiers.
Delirium Tremens
Completed Starbase, Embassy, Mine, Spire and No Win Scenario
Nothing to do anymore.
http://dtfleet.com/
Visit our Youtube channel
Captain
# 22
02-01-2013, 08:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by naz4 View Post
e advised by Cryptic[/color]

Ability: Extend Shields
Issue: Perceived to be overpowered. Should Sub Nuke remove this buff from target or leave it intact?
Issue: Healer can permanently chain this ability with 100% up time
stacking ability stacking ability stacking ability stacking ability stacking ability stacking ability stacking ability stacking ability stacking ability stacking ability stacking ability stacking ability

p.d: yeah, i know, i'm a pain in the ass. Sorry ^^
John Sheridan@playhard88 - FED Tactical
Vin Naftero@playhard88 - FED Sciencie
K'tan@playhard88 - KDF Tactical
Argento@playhard88 - RRF Tactical (FED)
Captain
# 23
02-01-2013, 08:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by playhard88 View Post
stacking ability stacking ability stacking ability stacking ability stacking ability stacking ability stacking ability stacking ability stacking ability stacking ability stacking ability stacking ability

p.d: yeah, i know, i'm a pain in the ass. Sorry ^^
Enough now already! ;P
aka NazHuggyBear2

"No, there is no real problem with P2W in STO. Obviously, if you fight against someone with an equal level of skill in the game, better equipment will give you an edge. But usually, it is the skill level that determines the outcome, not the P2W." - Sprinkles
Commander
# 24
02-01-2013, 08:26 AM
Agreed with the OP from the 1st to the last sentence. Nothing to add. I havent had time to read whole feedback concerns thread, nice summary. Im to tired (work) to think about something that is not on the list but i doubt there are any. And about breen and mine criting all-in1, cant they replace that formula with the cannon one, ie?
[10:49] [Combat (Self)] Your Proton Barrage deals 96581 (43411) Proton(Critical) to Seto.
Poor soul didnt have time to log out.
Captain
# 25
02-01-2013, 08:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicha0 View Post
Photonic Officer - Woefully underpeforming compared to advertised rates, long cool down. The ability seems to scale very little between tiers.
On the topic of Photonic Officer and why it's so terrible.

TSS has a cooldown of 45 seconds.

PO1 takes this to 37 seconds.

PO1 lasts 1 minute.

TSS will receive no benefit from PO1 if it's triggered after the first 23 seconds of PO1.

Why? Let's say you trigger PO1 and 25 seconds later you trigger TSS. 35 seconds after that you're looking at TSS, waiting for it to come off of cooldown, when suddenly it jumps from 2 seconds to 10 seconds. PO1 wore off, and the reduced time was added back on.

This is throw stuff at the screen bad.

There's no reason it has to work this way, given that the Aux2Batt Technician cooldown does not. The Technician reduction just subtracts a set number of seconds from the current cooldown, literally taking seconds off the clock, without the possibility of adding them back on.

PO's effect can't help the abilities that need it most, the ones with really long cooldowns. The Technician reduction can be used multiple times on abilities like RSP until they hit their global.
Career Officer
# 26
02-01-2013, 12:30 PM
This is a great thread Naz, thanks for stepping up and putting this together for the community.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naz4 View Post
Doesn't that mean that Attack Pattern Beta and Delta need buffing in some way?

I had a response prepared for this, but for the sake of the thread I'll save it for vent.

I'll just comment that I think TT's debuff cleanse should get cut in half to 5s before we can better evaluate the place of APD/APB.

Career Officer
# 27
02-01-2013, 12:36 PM
Space ability / Item / Ship / Category
Perceived issue summary

Category: UI / Targeting
Issue: Tagreting mechanics in general need improvement, however the UI (and player performance) can truly suffer when mass pets and deployables such as mines can literally swamp the field of view.

You can turn names of these off in the HUD, but you risk taking direct mine hits if you do.

The result is that deployable items & pets can significantly impact overall reaction time and visibility (not to mention add to lag) for all participants.

Captain
# 28
02-01-2013, 02:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ussultimatum View Post
This is a great thread Naz, thanks for stepping up and putting this together for the community.

I had a response prepared for this, but for the sake of the thread I'll save it for vent.

I'll just comment that I think TT's debuff cleanse should get cut in half to 5s before we can better evaluate the place of APD/APB.
Anything for the right cause man
aka NazHuggyBear2

"No, there is no real problem with P2W in STO. Obviously, if you fight against someone with an equal level of skill in the game, better equipment will give you an edge. But usually, it is the skill level that determines the outcome, not the P2W." - Sprinkles
Career Officer
# 29
02-01-2013, 03:44 PM
Gods work my good man. I approve of this thread.

I'd like to add the obvious: T4 Romulan placate. And its needing to be turned into an accuracy debuff (with post proc immunity for X duration kept in place) to be brought back into the realm of sanity.
Captain
# 30
02-01-2013, 03:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by falkor2010 View Post
Gods work my good man. I approve of this thread.

I'd like to add the obvious: T4 Romulan placate. And its needing to be turned into an accuracy debuff (with post proc immunity for X duration kept in place) to be brought back into the realm of sanity.
Thanks - just issues buddy, not potential solutions
aka NazHuggyBear2