Career Officer
# 11
02-01-2013, 06:19 AM
These actually seem to be causing a decent amount of lag for me, when too many are deployed around my character. It would be nice to shorten the life-span of them a bit, for that reason. I'm not sure if anyone else is experiencing the same thing..
Captain
# 12
02-01-2013, 06:34 AM
Let's see ... :
"no beachwear because then there'd be a bunch of yahoos running around them in ESD." (Cpt. Geko)

And then now : giant baloons that fill up Drozana so you can't see literally anything .

Wow , just ... wow .

Cryptic's priorities once again manage to boggle the mind ... .

* oh and to the dude who compared previous party poppers to this one ... , look at the size of the Tribbles , and now look at the size of the baloons . Have fun trolln' .

Immersion ... ?
Tell me about immersion ... ???
STO will be out of Beta in another 2-4 years ???
... you know after another 3 story arc remasters, crafting revamp, skills revamp, PVP upgrade ...
*note : the 2-4 year guesstimate came out of comparing Cryptic's Dev speed and that of a snail . Sadly the snail won .
Captain
# 13
02-01-2013, 06:51 AM
Ye gods YES. The amount of lag they can cause in a confined space will bring the game to a halt, and I call that a tool of griefing. Happened to me at K7 last night. The exchange/bank room was so full of those stupid balloons that the game froze up on me. Tried to change instances, but "no possiblemaps."
Lieutenant
# 14
02-01-2013, 07:23 AM
It's your client. Turn down the graphics settings.
Republic Veteran
# 15
02-01-2013, 07:25 AM
Hell no...in fact i want them to redo the first Party popper and make BIGGER TRIBBLES!

and the second one have BIGGER EXPLOSIONS !!! Micheal Bay style
Captain
# 16
02-01-2013, 07:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by birkep View Post
It's your client. Turn down the graphics settings.
How about you just not spam up the starbase with the stupid balloons? My graphics settings run the game just fine in every other setting.
Career Officer
# 17
02-01-2013, 07:52 AM
The lag when you get too many in one place is really the only issue I have. After a point even a recent graphics card will start having issues. I have a decent card (GTX 550ti), but when a buddy and I were going bananas at each other in Club 47 it brought both our GPUs to their knees. I play on max settings, granted, but I weep for the people on lower end GPUs. Telling people they have to crank their graphics down just to enter a social zone and drop loot is a little ridiculous. Having them pop faster would mitigate that.
Career Officer
# 18
02-01-2013, 07:58 AM
What a bunch of bitter people.

Free stuff and people are complaining. If you want an antisocial game, go find another.

I'll keep blowing balloons for the lulz until I get sick of it.

Click here and here if you are interested in learning more about PvP.
Starfleet Veteran
# 19
02-01-2013, 08:14 AM
This is the best year yet with those things. I hope they don't change them like they did the thermal dampeners from the breen series. I think going crazy with those things would be fun on a more open zone anyway though. I'm going to start launching balloons off the mountain on risa. Tribbles too if I can remember what popper that was.
Career Officer
# 20
02-01-2013, 08:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoge00f View Post
What a bunch of bitter people.

Free stuff and people are complaining. If you want an antisocial game, go find another.

I'll keep blowing balloons for the lulz until I get sick of it.
Exactly. I love the thing and think it's creative and crazy fun. Awesome job, devs.