Lieutenant
# 11
02-01-2013, 09:48 AM
any chance my fed character defecting? if possible, yes.
Captain
# 12
02-01-2013, 09:51 AM
is it a new faction? it would be nice to get another faction other than the federation
Captain
# 13
02-01-2013, 10:03 AM
If we are actually joining a Romulan faction, then it will likely be D'Tan's New Romulus (currently defined in the story as "good guys" and friends to Fed/Klingon), rather than Sela's Imperial Remnant or the Tal Shiar. I do hope that we will be able to have both Romulan and Reman playable races right out of the gate if so.
How many Starfleet Engineers does it take to exchange an Anti-positronic Photon Emitter?
Career Officer
# 14 Maybe too excited.
02-01-2013, 10:25 AM
And my Legions will march beneath the Raptor's wings as I give my speech, Urbi et Orbi et Cosmi, and claim the position of Emperor in Sela's absence. Under my leadership, we shall crush the Klingons, make peace with Federation, and, as a follower of D'Tan and Spock's teachings, reunify with our Vulcan cousins. We will rebuild into the ultimate empire, one whose legacy will last indefinitely.

Boldly going where no one has gone before!
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-01-2013, 10:35 AM
One can only hope
they dont wait
to long
to confirm
or deny
what everyone
is
hopeing
and
or
thinking

I for one am in the same boat as everyone else This means Romulans are to become playable

Now if its not hurry up and Dash all our hopes so that we have time to heal and get over it
Survivor of Romulus
# 16
02-01-2013, 10:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by acg3269 View Post
And my Legions will march beneath the Raptor's wings as I give my speech, Urbi et Orbi et Cosmi, and claim the position of Emperor in Sela's absence. Under my leadership, we shall crush the Klingons, make peace with Federation, and, as a follower of D'Tan and Spock's teachings, reunify with our Vulcan cousins. We will rebuild into the ultimate empire, one whose legacy will last indefinitely.
We will make peace with the Vulcan through superior firepower!
Career Officer
# 17
02-01-2013, 10:56 AM
Definitely convincing it pointing to a playable Romulan Faction.

And funny that Romulan is just a really funky English script, "Beneath the Raptor's Wing".
NO to ARC!

Season 9.5 = STO's NGE is Here! Welcome to the Grind!

New Crafting = It's not Crafting, is an overblown Reputation System.
Captain
# 18
02-01-2013, 11:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycoticvulcan View Post
If this isn't a playable Romulan faction, please say so now. Leaving it for later will only cause excessive rage (though I'm sure whatever it is will be awesome ).
Agreed. The way it's being teased, there are many people who think it could mean a Romulan faction. If that is not the case, it will be terrible.

If it's a Romulan "faction" that is played only 1-20 on their own, then they split off to join Fed or KDF, that will also be terrible.

If it's a Romulan faction that starts at 21 like the KDF, but you can only access it after playing a KDF character to 50 (or another level) that would be pretty cool.
Career Officer
# 19
02-01-2013, 11:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by felderburg View Post
If it's a Romulan faction that starts at 21 like the KDF, but you can only access it after playing a KDF character to 50 (or another level) that would be pretty cool.
I wouldn't have thought they'd do that.

It all depends on the next big release; they'll either have completed the KDF faction (having you start at level 1 from a first character perspective (in that you wont need to play through a FED character first), or they'll release the Romulan Faction as per the KDF requirements; you need to reach a certain FED level before unlock.

If the former, then there's a chance the Romulan Faction will be released in a whole lot of glory, complete with levels 1 through 50. I'd like to also say to everyone who ever stated there wouldn't be a 3rd faction. You were WRONG!

This teaser has Romulan Faction written all over it. It would be a seriously stupid move by Cryptic to produce something like this, knowing the gossip and speculation it'll receive, only for them to misguide us. If they think they've got unhappy players / fans now, they'll have a lot worse if it's all fake.

As for it's actual state, I'd be content with it being level 20 - 50 for the moment. At least it would be there. Something for them to later work on. Go Greens!!!
Republic Veteran
# 20
02-01-2013, 12:08 PM
I pledge myself to serve The True Empire....*Siskos voice* Romulans