Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > The Academy
Login

Closed Thread

Career Officer
# 31
02-01-2013, 04:59 AM
People have been asking for something to be done about these problems forever, and nothing happens. The reputation system just made things worse, now everyone is elite, no matter how much they really suck, space and ground.

We hardly run ground anymore, they are more fun, not that difficult, but as a time/reward thing they are a waste. When S7 started we told the devs this is the death of ground, and it was.. its not common to see any ground stfs other than people going for optional accolades anymore.
Delirium Tremens
Completed Starbase, Embassy, Mine, Spire and No Win Scenario
Nothing to do anymore.
http://dtfleet.com/
Visit our Youtube channel
Captain
# 32
02-01-2013, 06:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deianirrah View Post
Fleet gear seems to be very good - especially the Elite stuff. Yet for Elite ground STFs, You do lack the Integrated Frequency Remodulator from a full Omega/MACO/KDF-set. Which is rather important IMHO.
Yes that is very important unless you plan on being a melee fighter but then when ranged combat is needed you are at a disadvantage for the team. Manus Elite you need a lot of ranged combat if you want the optional and with people not using the gear for it the optional is lost and to many people entering elite without proper gear for getting optional is a big problem. Sometimes I think people make optional objectives fail on purpose. Wish they would force you to use a set for fighting the Borg in ground missions.
Captain
# 33
02-01-2013, 07:56 AM
I'm thinking it's simply communication and a willingness to learn.

OP: you were a newb too - what did you do to be where you are at (other than simply playing the STF because experience is its own teacher)?
Kathryn S. Beringer - The Dawn Patrol

Solaris build - Veritatum Liquido Cernene
Community Moderator
# 34
02-01-2013, 12:58 PM
Folks, this is not an appropriate topic for the Academy subforum unless you are giving newbies tips on how to play an STF.

Since that's not the general intent of the thread, I'm closing it.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
Closed Thread