Captain
# 11
02-01-2013, 11:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgrocer56 View Post
This is statement is laden with possibilities.....
possibilities to fail. Like the last reputation system wasn't painful enough.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

You're gonna upgrade my Chel Grett for FREE but charge me $30 to upgrade my Kamarag ?
Career Officer
# 12
02-01-2013, 11:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmalak1 View Post
possibilities to fail. Like the last reputation system wasn't painful enough.
Read my later post.....totally agree that this may fizzle into nothing or another grind. Just trying to be positive for once....hard for me sometimes after all the past transgressions, I know.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-01-2013, 11:25 AM
If we get anything it will be to debug it for NW.

Maybe it will be better than what we now have, eventually.
Time played in game. as of 9/12/12 (on my mains) Total 2907 hours.K'zoontite has been on active duty for 34 days, 3 hours, Bot Fly has been on active duty for 55 days, 4 hours, Poppa Capp has been on active duty for 4 days, 12 hours, B'zooka has been on active duty for 12 days, 22 hours,Tater(fed) has been on active duty for 14 days, 10 hours,
Commander
# 14
02-01-2013, 11:58 AM
A pvp reputation system won't be so bad I think, at least in terms of a grind. We're all PvPers and I'm sure we all do a few rounds a day on our characters that matter to us. The only thing it will likely be is time gated, as I can see any serious PvPer having a huge amount of stocked up marks or credits or whatever they want us to dump into such a system.

If we do get any new passives or active abilities through a rep system, though, I really hope they're active in PvP maps only. That way the PvE crowd can't complain fowl that we're getting special treatment "again" and that they have to suffer at the hands of us no-life people just for 1% more damage or defense. Just like the Romulan/Omega passives should have been PvE only.

And I really hope gear tied into such a rep system is on par with the other reputations so that it's not "must have" for any type of content, like if it had pvp only stats.

Fanfiction! ZOMG! Read it now!
kate-wintersbite.deviantart.com/art/0x01-Treachery-293641403
Empire Veteran
# 15
02-01-2013, 12:25 PM
what could a warp core slotable mean? and what would this do to equipment sets? posible things-

effect innate power bonuses, perhaps boost certain power levels by quite a bit. sorta redundant, its pretty easy to have a ton of total power with 2 different EPtX abilities, warp core doffs, leach and maco, and cycling 2 AtB with tech doffs.

could boost skills that deflectors don't, like any of the tactical or engineering skills.

station powers? what if varying qualities could turn up to LTC stations universal? green ENS, blue LT, purple LTC?

maybe they could have warp cores effect console setups? -1 eng,+1 tac?

if its stuff like this, i welcome our new warp core overloads!
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Commander
# 16
02-01-2013, 01:27 PM
Sounds like more of the same to me.

/yawn

Too bad STO treats PVP as a mini e-sport. Instanced 5v5 is so damned epic... to those with small expectations, I guess.

It's like the only PVP experience the Devs ever had was in World of ********'s Battlegrounds or something as equally lame.

Ker'rat is still too small in scope but it was a move away from that.

I would kill for consensual, large scale, open galaxy, territorial control-based PVP.

Seriously.

Last edited by user839020189287; 02-01-2013 at 01:35 PM.
Career Officer
# 17
02-01-2013, 01:32 PM
Large scale open galaxy, even.

Click here and here if you are interested in learning more about PvP.
Commander
# 18
02-01-2013, 01:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoge00f View Post
Large scale open galaxy, even.
Fixed. Thanks!