Career Officer
# 11
02-01-2013, 11:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by auricius View Post
To my knowledge, CBS never said no to a T5 Constitution, per se. The deal states, that there would be no TOS Constitution at T5. Cryptic could profit nicely of this, if they withheld it for a longer time, since people who desire it, will have to make do with other ships as supplements, before they can get their hands on it. I'm pretty sure we'll be seeing Cruiser Retrofits in maybe a year's time.
If true, then we could see any of the following versions of the Constitution at Tier 5:

The U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701-A version (as that was an entirely new ship, not the same one as was featured in the Original Series)

the Vesper & Excalibur Refits as neither of those appeared in the Original Series to my knowledge.

Or the J.J. Abrams Constitution Class Redesign (although technically the same ship as the Original Series enterprise, it is in fact an alternate universe design and would be a perfect ship to use as a Tier 5 Lockbox ship for the Constitution or some similar thing).
# 12
02-01-2013, 11:47 AM
I sort of wish we got a t5 NX-01 the t1(or t2?) version is garbage..not that i have it but i wouldn't use it after getting past those levels that would use it....

Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
Starfleet Veteran
# 13
02-01-2013, 12:14 PM
Your never gonna get the chance to fly any of the show Enterprise varients because Cryptic cannot afford it and CBS wont let Cryptic mess with their franchise. Which I can perfectly understand since Cryptic would only screw it up.

A museum of sorts on Earth would be interesting and should be entirely doable. However, this earns Cryptic no money unless they made it an area you have to pay for.
Career Officer
# 14
02-01-2013, 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by causalityeffect View Post
Your never gonna get the chance to fly any of the show Enterprise varients because Cryptic cannot afford it and CBS wont let Cryptic mess with their franchise. Which I can perfectly understand since Cryptic would only screw it up.

A museum of sorts on Earth would be interesting and should be entirely doable. However, this earns Cryptic no money unless they made it an area you have to pay for.
technically the Original Series U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701 is in the game at Tier 1 (complete with the original interior if you shell out for it). That has to mean that CBS is willing to let Cryptic mess with their franchise to some extent.

Also the Odyssey class itself is now considered an official member of the Enterprise line of ships alongside the NX, Constitution (all 3 versions), the Excelsior, the Ambassador, the Galaxy, the Sovereign, and whatever the heck the Enterprise-J was, as far as CBS is concerned. That was what the whole "Design the Next Enterprise" Contest was all about. It was so we as the fans could get the opportunity to actually design a canonical version of the Enterprise instead of letting someone from the CBS Ship Design Team do it themselves.

As far as us being able to use any of the Enterprise Variants in game... technically the Galaxy-Class is in game and as far as I am concerned lives up to the tankiness that the galaxy class is supposed to have (that thing is supposed to be able to solo-tank a Tactical Cube all on its lonesome, and the Fleet Galaxy Class Retrofit can do that at least temporarily if outfitted properly). The Ambassador class while not as heavy a tank as the Galaxy Class is definitely a shield tank in a way that the Galaxy class cannot be. The Sovereign and Excelsior are both just about the best DPS engines as far as Federation Cruisers go (other than the Galaxy-X, but that one is an overclocked Galaxy Class so take what you can get). Meanwhile the current Constitution and NX-Classes in the game are right about where they should be tech wise considering the Constitution was the earliest Federation Cruiser, and the NX-Class was pretty much Starfleets first High Warp Starship...
# 15
02-01-2013, 01:42 PM
Quote:

When they got the license they can do whatever they want as long as no other nmae is on it eg Starfleet Battles ADB.It was the same for Interplay,Activision and Bethesda.

It is already in the game so they can bring T5 VA version out.I would like it as it is one of my favourite Enterprises along with the ToS 1701.T5 Va Miranda would be nice as well as it is really medium Criuser not a frigate.

It would be nice if it was lik ethis not JJs version.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUtdL9Jm-WM
Age StarTrek-Gamers Administrator
USS WARRIOR NCC 1720 Commanding Officer
Star Trek Gamers
Career Officer
# 16
02-01-2013, 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by helixsunbringer View Post
If true, then we could see any of the following versions of the Constitution at Tier 5:

The U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701-A version (as that was an entirely new ship, not the same one as was featured in the Original Series)

the Vesper & Excalibur Refits as neither of those appeared in the Original Series to my knowledge.

Or the J.J. Abrams Constitution Class Redesign (although technically the same ship as the Original Series enterprise, it is in fact an alternate universe design and would be a perfect ship to use as a Tier 5 Lockbox ship for the Constitution or some similar thing).
Cryptic isn't going to use the JJ Models since they are exclusive to another timeline.

And the Enterprise-A wasn't a new ship, it was the USS Yorktown that was in the final stages of refit.

Last edited by azurianstar; 02-01-2013 at 01:47 PM.
Captain
# 17
02-01-2013, 01:53 PM
You mean this Lexington

http://www.google.ca/search?q=uss+le...tm%3B540%3B407
Star Trek Gamers
Starfleet Veteran
# 18
02-01-2013, 02:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by age03 View Post
When they got the license they can do whatever they want as long as no other nmae is on it eg Starfleet Battles ADB.It was the same for Interplay,Activision and Bethesda.
Yeah, good luck with that thinking.

Try renaming any of your ships Enterprise or using the registry 1701.
Career Officer
# 19
02-01-2013, 02:12 PM
i believe that cbs had stated that they wanted the game to focus on tng forward.. that they wanted to seperate from the motion picture films and earlier.. i for one agree.. every game that has come out has focused alot of effort towards the tos era, and the motion picture era. its honestly a breath of fresh air to see a game that has moved beyond..
Captain
# 20
02-01-2013, 02:16 PM
Quote:
Yeah, good luck with that thinking.

Try renaming any of your ships Enterprise or using the registry 1701.
Read my post agian as I never said ship names but other game Desinger or Puplisher which they can.
Star Trek Gamers