Commander
# 21
02-01-2013, 01:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustafatennick View Post
I'm out of game ATM but I'm sure I can either train dem for you or I have an engi with it on

Just add me in game ill have a new laptop by Tuesday so ill be back

Mustafatennick

Fleet weapons are great for pve if you can get your hands on them
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsf00181 View Post
I've been running a fleet Corsair for about a month now on my one Orion engineer. Of all my characters, its the best "true" Cruiser I have. Yeah I know its still a hybrid, but everything else I have is a battlecruiser that can mount cannons.

Anyway here's my build. Equipment is done and finalized. I might switch out the Interceptors for Elite Scorpions once I'm done the Romulan Rep system, I dunno yet. Boffs might get switched around, I'm still testing the viability of a Aux to Battery build with this, so far its working fairly well since I already have to run high Aux.

http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/4126/crosair.jpg

Boff Stations:
LT Tactical:
Tac Team 1, Torpedo Spread 2

Commander Engineering:
Emergency to Shields, Aux to battery 1, Aux to Battery 2, Reverse Shield Polarity

Lt Engineering:
Emergency power to shields

Lt Commander Science:
Polarize Hull 1, Hazard Emitters 2, Gravity Well 1

Lt Science:
Hazard Emitters 1, Tyken's Rift 1
Nice, looks very defense focused, good for tanking with some tricks like Rift and Well for messing with the enemy.
Empire Veteran
# 22
02-05-2013, 07:52 PM
Got mine about a week ago and am liking it just as much as the Marauder. Just wish there was a 10 console fleet Marauder version, the 10th console and extra shields makes it handily more tanky.

My build is in my signature below. Be sure to click " My Notes" on that page to get full build infos.

Can tank everything in Elite STFs with ease. Tank and kill single handedly Tac cubes, tank Donatra, tank and single handedly kill transwarp gates, tricky but still easily doable.
(Tanking the gate is necessary to enable getting in close (<2.5km) and applying max damage, in KASE I can often solo kill my gate faster than the 2-3 other players on the other gate do as they're sitting 8km+ from target)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordgyor View Post
Get rid of aceton beam it's useless
For PvE it's far from useless. For Engy heavy ships it's a good part of a tank build. It's questionable though in a fleet corasir retrofit due to lower numbers of engy slots available.
Dislike the forum theme? Try THIS. Dislike the STO home page? Try THIS.
Devs, need Fleet Orion Marauder and Dacoit please! :-)

Using - Bulwark, Voth Fighter. Favs - Fleet Corsair, Mogh, Bastion, Nicor, JHEC, JAS
Some others - Orion Marauder, Chel Grett, Guramba, Risian Corvette, Risian Cruiser
Commander
# 23
02-06-2013, 05:01 AM
No Boff trading for now, I'm getting swamped by work
Commander
# 24
02-10-2013, 01:45 PM
I'm so sore, just shoveled my way through snowmaggedon, which is my job and I feel like I've been beaten with Klingon pain sticks.
Captain
# 25
02-10-2013, 04:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eradicator84 View Post
For PvE it's far from useless. For Engy heavy ships it's a good part of a tank build. It's questionable though in a fleet corasir retrofit due to lower numbers of engy slots available.
Eh. I'm gonna disagree with you there. The heaviest hitters in the game are the Borg, and when I'm playing full defense they barely tickle me with their energy weapons. Where they become a serious threat to survivability is the ridiculous 20 and 50K torpedoes spammed at you, and aceton beam doesn't help with that.
Lieutenant
# 26
02-10-2013, 06:32 PM
Is anyone with one of these babies able to be an absolute darling for me and post some screenshots of one of them running the full borg set? I currently use it on my Marauder but was hoping to switch to a Fleet Corsair and use a similar Boff loadout to my old Vo'quv. However, I'm utterly shallow and obsessed with looks. I'm concerned about the lack of a visible deflector, does the borg set rectify these visuals by overlaying it? And how do the engines and shields affect its appearance?