Captain
# 11
02-01-2013, 02:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanover2 View Post
Screw PvP.

There, I said it.

Allowing such a miniscule portion of overall gameplay to dictate how something functions everywhere would be asinine. Maybe a PvP-driven pass would be justified if any substantial amount of PvP options were added.

That is neither a flame, troll, or drug reference, but I'm sure someone will warn me for it and then hide behind their unaccountable anonymity.
+1 ..the minority should not overmand the majority - Pvp is a tiny, fairly insignificant part of sto - hell, theres likely more constantly pve'ing klingons than there is pvpers from both factions!

Last edited by burstorion; 02-01-2013 at 02:42 PM. Reason: forgot the quote..bleh.
Career Officer
# 12
02-01-2013, 02:40 PM

Screw PvE. It's mindless hash that requires little to no thought to complete.

If you can't finish PvE missions without mines you're a fail player.
Career Officer
# 13
02-01-2013, 02:41 PM
And the majority of ignorant dullards should not dilute the one good thing about STO: PvP.
Commander
# 14
02-01-2013, 02:43 PM
What exactly is the difference in being hit by 8 x 15.000 dmg or 8 x 50.000 dmg?
120.000 vs 400.000 dmg.
You're dead if either hits your structure.

The lesson?
Don't get hit by a big ass mine pattern.

He's dead, Jim.
Captain
# 15
02-01-2013, 03:01 PM
Quote:
Screw PvP.

There, I said it.

Allowing such a miniscule portion of overall gameplay to dictate how something functions everywhere would be asinine. Maybe a PvP-driven pass would be justified if any substantial amount of PvP options were added.

That is neither a flame, troll, or drug reference, but I'm sure someone will warn me for it and then hide behind their unaccountable anonymity.
Devs don't agree with you, sorry. Most have expressed a strong interest in PvP and even Stahl said it's the devs' next priority.

vids and guides and stuff

[9:52] [Zone #11] Neal@trapper1532: im a omega force shadow oprative and a maoc elite camander and here i am taking water samples
Survivor of Romulus
# 16
02-01-2013, 03:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shimmerless View Post
Devs don't agree with you, sorry. Most have expressed a strong interest in PvP and even Stahl said it's the devs' next priority.
yeah but Stahl's record of telling the truth when mentioning this stuff leaves a bit to be desired
Major Xi'Zzin
I.R.W. Raptor's Claw
Storm Eagle Class Warbird Fleet Ha'feh
I have never trusted humans, and I never will
Captain
# 17
02-01-2013, 03:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oanid View Post
Like topic said. It is abusrde how mines can crit and blow up ship in less than sec. Not even Borg can do that. Devs should check chaincrit bug already! It is not possible to get 10-20 x 50.000 damage per mine. Belive me, not even stacking resisstance can hold that. Any news on changing mines ?
Hi Bud. Nice to see you on the forums See ya ingame woot!
Career Officer
# 18
02-01-2013, 03:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oanid View Post
[Combat (Self)] XXX Mine Explosion dealt 12820 (65782) shield damage to you.

[Combat (Self)] XXX Mine Explosion dealt 11464 (58825) shield damage to you.

[Combat (Self)] XXX deals 15323 (97858) Kinetic Damage(Critical) to you with Mine Explosion.

[Combat (Self)] XXX deals 20367 (95551) Kinetic Damage(Critical) to you with Mine Explosion.

[Combat (Self)] XXX deals 81622 (98483) Kinetic Damage(Critical) to you with Mine Explosion.

Tell me if this isnt OP ffs, get your god damm balance already in work !

PS: bog- bug
your not being "Tactical enough" in your thinking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoge00f View Post
Watch some idiot PvEer scold you for not being "Tactical enough" in your thinking.
im an idiot pve'er and i approve my message lol
Career Officer
# 19
02-01-2013, 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by antoniosalieri View Post
Its more recent that they decided things like tricobalts could have more then one out.
That's true for Tricos, but even a field spammed full of Transphasics can actually catch you off guard.

I don't think transphasic mines are OP, but I do think they fall into the pretty lame category when they get kills this way.

Quote:
Screw PvP.

There, I said it.

Allowing such a miniscule portion of overall gameplay to dictate how...

If you have a keen eye, you would see that many balance changes start in this forum first.

You would see an increased amount of dev interaction compared to what has happened up until this point.

You would see branflakes, who works for PWE - not cryptic, showing a consistent (if somewhat subtle) interest in pvp issues.

You would see actual support for organized pvp activities such as the bootcamp.

You would see Dan Stahl putting PvP Rep at the top of the next slew of Rep system priorities along with other very concrete examples such as Tholian and Deferi rep systems.

If you had a keen eye that is.

Career Officer
# 20
02-01-2013, 03:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by broken1981 View Post
your not being "Tactical enough" in your thinking.

im an idiot pve'er and i approve my message lol

Hahaha.