Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,226
# 171
02-01-2013, 01:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by solomace View Post
Welcome to the forums. Nice thoughtful post.

I like new posters, who don't hold back and say what they think...
I think he/she was making a point of staying uninvolved in the dispute.
Please fix the Foundry lag!
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 279
# 172
02-01-2013, 03:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycoticvulcan View Post
I think he/she was making a point of staying uninvolved in the dispute.
Not posting is being uninvolved. Doing anything including......, means you are involved.

I would think something has been said in this thread that has made he/she make their first post, would be more than just.....

Sorry if my sardonic wit, passed you by...
From the man himself - "And as far as Season 7 being "grindy" - welcome to the MMORPG genre"

Look into my eyes, look into my eyes, the eyes, the eyes, not around the eyes, don't look around my eyes, look into my eyes, you're under..."Grind is good".
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 99
# 173
02-01-2013, 03:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by solomace View Post
Yes you were. You were complaining about people complaining.



As someone mentioned, you're assuming that it's only people who don't put any money in that complain/"Whine".

For all the people who are lifetime members and gold status, those who buy zen, the game is not free and I think you will find they "whine" and complain just as much.

And before you say lifers don't pay, they paid up front so it's not free for them.

Are you saying they don't have a right to complain or whine even if it isn't constructive?

They have a lot more right then most people do who don't put a penny into the game.




Not sure if you have been to the forums before you started posting, but not every complaint is a whine, so to liken people complaining to kids wanting everything, well I think you either extremely naive, or you have a very binary look at things in life.



And yet, as you say, the "facts" are this game does have many bugs, some from when the game started. Have you seen the bugs already with the new content? Have you seen the many posts talking about the lag and bugs? Should people just except it and be thankful.

Before season 7 started and the EP either blatantly lied, or mislead or was given wrong information about STFs, people took to the forums to complain about it when it actually went live, to the point that the EP had to backtrack and dil was added back in. Some of these people that complained, where defenders of the game who were not happy. Are you saying they shouldn't have, considering it was the weight of not only these forums, but forums all over that were slating STO and especially about all the Dil being taking away,that got Cryptic to change and re-add?

Look, were not going to agree.

You say you didn't complain or whine, yet I believe you did.

I believe everyone, including non payers, can whine and complain till there hearts content. You can either ignore the posts like a lot do, or you can post and put in how wrong they are and that from your point of view, they should be thankful for what they get, but expect people like myself to challenge your opinion...
Well, the thing is, if you buy Zen, lifetime, subscription that is an extra you are buying.
That is something they have so they will be able to keep on developing this game and furthering the content.
It's like you order a burger with fries, but you order one extra fries with it, the one you took extra was not to your liking, can you still complain about the burger, or vice versa?

Never said anyting about 'lifers' untill you brought it up now.
Same deal there, they paid to get the extras, not the game.
Everyone has a 'right' to report if there are problems in the game, no question about it.
That's what the ticket system is for, usualy...

And i've been to the forums many times, as i said in a earlier post...

And i come back to what i wrote earlier...
"And this is what i see in many of the posts.
People acting like children because they are not getting what they want.
"Fix that" Give us this" "if not i' wont play anymore" "Craptic" "You broke something again!""

If there is something wrong with the game play the devs will fix it, sooner or later.
Most things are probably one schedule, some things must be scheduled with other things to fix at the same time, or the fix may cause even more problems in it self than the problem was from the begining.
So a small problem may not be fixed without altering bigger systems to accomodate it.

These systems aren't small home pc's.
And generally not as easy to fix either.

Well what do i achieve from responding to your posts?
Not much really.

And ofcourse i take the time to respond / defend my ideas if they are questioned, wouldn't you?

And still, what's this about "new poster" act?
You think silly attempts like that will make me back off from what i've said?
That my reasons for making the the initial post would be wrong because i am a new poster?
Neither am i a coward that slithers away at futile attempts at bellitling.
Nor do i use it my self to make a point, or to put my self in a higher position in a discussion.

So, the only reason that i reply to your posts or any one else who desputes it, is to defend my conviction over what is right or wrong.

And all in all, be thankful for what is given to you.
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 279
# 174
02-01-2013, 03:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thowas View Post
Well, the thing is, if you buy Zen, lifetime, subscription that is an extra you are buying.
That is something they have so they will be able to keep on developing this game and furthering the content.
It's like you order a burger with fries, but you order one extra fries with it, the one you took extra was not to your liking, can you still complain about the burger, or vice versa?

Never said anyting about 'lifers' untill you brought it up now.
Same deal there, they paid to get the extras, not the game.
Everyone has a 'right' to report if there are problems in the game, no question about it.
That's what the ticket system is for, usualy...

And i've been to the forums many times, as i said in a earlier post...

And i come back to what i wrote earlier...
"And this is what i see in many of the posts.
People acting like children because they are not getting what they want.
"Fix that" Give us this" "if not i' wont play anymore" "Craptic" "You broke something again!""

If there is something wrong with the game play the devs will fix it, sooner or later.
Most things are probably one schedule, some things must be scheduled with other things to fix at the same time, or the fix may cause even more problems in it self than the problem was from the begining.
So a small problem may not be fixed without altering bigger systems to accomodate it.

These systems aren't small home pc's.
And generally not as easy to fix either.

Well what do i achieve from responding to your posts?
Not much really.

And ofcourse i take the time to respond / defend my ideas if they are questioned, wouldn't you?

And still, what's this about "new poster" act?
You think silly attempts like that will make me back off from what i've said?
That my reasons for making the the initial post would be wrong because i am a new poster?
Neither am i a coward that slithers away at futile attempts at bellitling.
Nor do i use it my self to make a point, or to put my self in a higher position in a discussion.

So, the only reason that i reply to your posts or any one else who desputes it, is to defend my conviction over what is right or wrong.

And all in all, be thankful for what is given to you.
Phew...

You know what, I can deal with many people on these forums, but the one kind I don't like are the fanatics.

When someone keeps on repeating "be thankful for what is given to you", my alarm bells start ringing.

To that I say good day to you...
From the man himself - "And as far as Season 7 being "grindy" - welcome to the MMORPG genre"

Look into my eyes, look into my eyes, the eyes, the eyes, not around the eyes, don't look around my eyes, look into my eyes, you're under..."Grind is good".
Ensign
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 12
# 175
02-01-2013, 03:35 PM
Ok now I thought this was to be fixed today, I have tried to log in 28 times and the launcher will not launch!!!!!!!! What gives now!! I could get on STO before all this so called "fixing" now i can't!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 279
# 176
02-01-2013, 03:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryghost View Post
Ok now I thought this was to be fixed today, I have tried to log in 28 times and the launcher will not launch!!!!!!!! What gives now!! I could get on STO before all this so called "fixing" now i can't!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Shhhh. You're suppose to be thankful for what you have been given.
From the man himself - "And as far as Season 7 being "grindy" - welcome to the MMORPG genre"

Look into my eyes, look into my eyes, the eyes, the eyes, not around the eyes, don't look around my eyes, look into my eyes, you're under..."Grind is good".
Ensign
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 12
# 177
02-01-2013, 04:01 PM
now I have tried to launch the game 62 times...now 63. This needs to be fixed...the right way not just for the free-to-play players, but also for those of us who are life time members thats been here gaming since the 1st year....
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,439
# 178
02-01-2013, 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thowas View Post
"Fix that" Give us this" "if not i' wont play anymore" "Craptic" "You broke something again!""
There will always be ... entitlement, however I want to point out this.

People have different priorities over Cryptic own priorities, to some the Galaxy errors are long overdue a correction and the same goes over the ship needing a revision, the same goes for the Galaxy-X and many other ships and things in the game.

People have their own views and ideas were they are likely to clash with decisions been made.

However this is a indication of a healthy game, a good warning is when you go to a forum about a game and any criticism and any complain is meet with overwhelming "shut up", this type of defensive behavior is not a indication of nothing being wrong (in a MMO something always will be, even if subjective) but rather the game have shrunk to such a core of people that are so delusional they will immediately rally up to shut down any voice of discontent, there are problems but they are all closing their eyes and ignoring them.

As much any of those posts might annoy and irritate me, I rather have the complains that the non-complains ... at least that shows people still care about things and are not reduced to mindless fanboys that dont want to read about what they already know.
Ensign
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 12
# 179
02-01-2013, 04:04 PM
Well, its seems that 66 times did it I am in game!!!!!!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 129
# 180 Awh Crap!!!
02-01-2013, 04:09 PM
I got up early this morning excited at the prospects of the 3rd Anniversary and the nice new ships. Got to do both events with one charcaracter and was getting ready to go with the second but an enexpected server maintenance came up this morning. tried comming back this afternoon but lag slowed me down considerably. Nearly completed the Temporal Ambassador mission when the emergency shutdown hit.

I tried to get to Tribble's Drozana for the Q & A, but the character i had was deleted, had to make another, and the tutorial option to skip it was nowhere to be found.


I am now feeling tired and broken, and have similar sentiments about the game.
Sarvour ShipyardsSarvour Shipyards
=@=Commodore Joshua Daniel Sarvour, S.C.E.
U.S.S. AKAGI NX-93347, Enterprise-class Battle Cruiser =@= U.S.S. T'KORA'S WRATH NX-110047, Odyssey-class Battle Cruiser

"There Ain't No Grave, Can Hold My Body Down..."
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:56 PM.