Captain
# 21
02-01-2013, 03:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ussultimatum View Post
That's true for Tricos, but even a field spammed full of Transphasics can actually catch you off guard.

I don't think transphasic mines are OP, but I do think they fall into the pretty lame category when they get kills this way.
All the mines got buffs that the founding devs did not plan for when they made the call to have the first hit calculate crit chance. Would you have been worried about a field of S1.2 transphasic mines ? No of course you wouldn't have.

They got a major shield bypass buff... as well as a base dmg boost when there numbers our where reduced.

Don't get me wrong I like the mine changes... they where mostly good... the tric mines where silly but the idea was sound.

IMO the best way to fix the issue.... is to REMOVE critical hit from ALL mines... and from all dots. (GW / Tykens / Plasma dots ect) At that point they could balance them based on numbers, up or down... if mines and gravity well and plasma dots ALL did 15-20% more base dmg but NEVER could crit would we consider that a bad change ? It would be a buff to NON tac captians that run sci ships.... overall it wouldn't really effect DPS numbers much... but it would make dot builds reliable... and it would Remove the insta crit BS we have now.... and still hit any Server issues the Founding devs coded the one calc for in the first place.
When the messenger comes to appropriate your profits ... kill the messenger.
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-03-2013, 04:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oanid View Post
[Combat (Self)] XXX Mine Explosion dealt 12820 (65782) shield damage to you.

[Combat (Self)] XXX Mine Explosion dealt 11464 (58825) shield damage to you.

[Combat (Self)] XXX deals 15323 (97858) Kinetic Damage(Critical) to you with Mine Explosion.

[Combat (Self)] XXX deals 20367 (95551) Kinetic Damage(Critical) to you with Mine Explosion.

[Combat (Self)] XXX deals 81622 (98483) Kinetic Damage(Critical) to you with Mine Explosion.

Tell me if this isnt OP ffs, get your god damm balance already in work !

PS: bog- bug
would it help if those mines also killed the launcher? thats what happens to me with tric torp
Lieutenant
# 23
02-03-2013, 04:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by antoniosalieri View Post
Its not really a bug....

Its working as the devs that created the system that no longer work there setup. (its my opinion that it was done to control server lag more then anything) It was never a major problem... mines where never strong enough to insta kill anything. Its more recent that they decided things like tricobalts could have more then one out.

Really the proper fix for trics if crit linking is unfixable for server issues... would have been to undo the tricobalt pattern operation... and they also need to consider that when they create things like cluster mines torps.
I agree with the fact that the system has been design as it is. I mean, reducing damage or defense on any weapons or equipment is truly a bad thing to do. There is a Trible server where the Dev can use to test on anything prior to implementing it.

I totally against "Nerf". It is identical to reducing one's salary or demoting an employee. Rather than Nerf or reducing salary or demotion, you'd get better result by removing the item or firing that employee. Otherwise, more bad things may occur in the future.

As of STO, find the actual technical issue (such as lag), and no Nerf please.