Captain
# 11
02-01-2013, 04:32 PM
May is supposed to be when Season 8 launches. I believe Season 8 will have a ton of KDF content. Hopefully, the same level of content as Feds had at launch. As for the Romulans, I see a huge change to the Romulan faction like the establishment of a new Romulan government to counteract the government on New Romulus, but it won't be a playable Romulan faction. Or at least not for another season or two. I stand by my belief that there will be no new playable factions until KDF gets the same level of content that Feds had at launch. While it is possible that the KDF faction will get 1-50 content and a playable Romulan faction of some sort could come out in May, I highly doubt it.
Rihannsu
# 12
02-01-2013, 04:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkaos View Post
May is supposed to be when Season 8 launches. I believe Season 8 will have a ton of KDF content. Hopefully, the same level of content as Feds had at launch. As for the Romulans, I see a huge change to the Romulan faction like the establishment of a new Romulan government to counteract the government on New Romulus, but it won't be a playable Romulan faction. Or at least not for another season or two. I stand by my belief that there will be no new playable factions until KDF gets the same level of content that Feds had at launch. While it is possible that the KDF faction will get 1-50 content and a playable Romulan faction of some sort could come out in May, I highly doubt it.
Dan said May update is absolutely not season 8. He said they would pick up with seasons after May update. May update is " Too big to be a season."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Samir Bennal, Captain of the Onyxhammer
Rule of Acquisition #113: Always have sex with the boss.
I am one of the many victims from the hijacked Caspian Division.
I will not let the childish acts of a criminal ruin this game for me.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-01-2013, 04:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdawgenigma View Post
Dan said May update is absolutely not season 8. He said they would pick up with seasons after May update. May update is " Too big to be a season."
I wonder why they wont simply say "expansion".

Last edited by betawatcher; 02-01-2013 at 04:42 PM.
Career Officer
# 14
02-01-2013, 04:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by betawatcher View Post
Actually, he said they arent using the term "season" anymore going forward.
Evil edit ruined my point. -.-

Long live the Romulan Star Empire !
Only Internet users deal in absolutes !
Career Officer
# 15
02-01-2013, 04:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by betawatcher View Post
I wonder why they wont simply say "expansion".
Probably so they don't have to answer questions as to if the players are going to have to pay for it.
Captain
# 16
02-01-2013, 06:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thay8472 View Post
looking at perfect world (the game) I think it'll be something along the lines of.. you start as a romulan w/e... do some romulan related stuff.. then pick either fed or kdf.
And as long as you had access to Romulan ships I personally have NO problem with that.
Captain
# 17
02-01-2013, 06:55 PM
March beneath the Raptors wings is a title to a Pocket books novel about the start of the Romulan war. It takes place in the "Enterprise" Archer time frame, What if its just a series of missions that unlock a romulan as a playable FED or KDF Toon with access to 1 or 2 Romulan ships? We already have all the Romulan wep's and gear and Doffs and Boffs we are only missing a playable Romulan capt and ships. An entire new faction would make half the Klingons rage quit. Beacuse they have been crying for years for more content.
Captain
# 18
02-01-2013, 07:00 PM
Does anyone have a link to the Dstahl interview where he talks about this? I've seen a few people mentioning things he's said recently, and I'd like to check it out myself.

This character is why I don't play my Romulan any more. Tovan Khev is NOT my BFF! Get him off my bridge!
Career Officer
# 19
02-01-2013, 07:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsnake721 View Post
March beneath the Raptors wings is a title to a Pocket books novel about the start of the Romulan war. It takes place in the "Enterprise" Archer time frame, What if its just a series of missions that unlock a romulan as a playable FED or KDF Toon with access to 1 or 2 Romulan ships? We already have all the Romulan wep's and gear and Doffs and Boffs we are only missing a playable Romulan capt and ships. An entire new faction would make half the Klingons rage quit. Beacuse they have been crying for years for more content.
Which if one really thinks about it, is kinda silly...

Just because They begin to add the Romulans as a Third Faction, there is no reason to believe that They will just STOP adding stuff to the Klingon side.

The game is just starting to hit a roll...
They are not going to simply stop adding content to all aspects of the game, because They have initiated a new faction.
...... DaveyNY ...STO Forum Member since February - 2009
..............Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just People who have Played the Game for the last 4.5 years.
I Really Do Miss the little TOP Button at the bottom of the threads.

Last edited by daveyny; 02-01-2013 at 07:28 PM.
Career Officer
# 20
02-01-2013, 07:12 PM
If it's not a faction, we'll know before May. They won't leave us totally clueless for that long, not for something this big.

The only meaning the silence has so soon after the teaser it "it's too early to tell you anything or it'll spoil it".

We'll know whether or not it's a faction by sometime in April, I guarantee you.