Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Fleetyards
Login

Commander
I am currently running a Haj (heghta) BoP, and it is loaded with borg heavy antiproton cannons, rapid fire transphasics and on the rear, the re is an antiproton turret, and a transphasic cluster torp.

Of course for stations i have the rapid fire, the scatter volley, and the same for torps (high yield and rapid fire)

Im a massive BoP fan, and all my ships so far Have been BoP, and i'm not planning to change it!

I am almost ready to get a fleet ship, however im in two minds whether to get the brel, and have an epic torp boat, or to keep a cannon/torp mix, and go for the Hoh'sus.

My playing style is hit hard, cloak and repeat, for most of the time anyway.

What would be your choice?
Captain
# 2
02-01-2013, 03:49 AM
Never played a Brel i would love to one day

the hohsus will play like your heghta just with more damage and horrible aesthetics

Isnt the Brel a tier 5 or not
----=====This is my opinion you don't have to listen and no one else has to read them these "OPINIONS" are based on my exploits and my learning other people will have their opinions and that's fine just don't knock my way of doing things thanks=====----
Commander
# 3
02-01-2013, 03:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustafatennick View Post
Never played a Brel i would love to one day

the hohsus will play like your heghta just with more damage and horrible aesthetics

Isnt the Brel a tier 5 or not
Well it would be the fleet B'rel, and it is a Tier 5. With the Brel, you have the enhanced battle cloak, so its perfects for torps and mines.

I have to admit, the Hoh'sus is an ugly spindly looking thing!
Captain
# 4
02-01-2013, 04:01 AM
Yeah I don't know how you would get access to a tier 5 shipyard if you do let me know

The Brel gets my vote what a machine

Purely down to the fact you can blow most things up with a heghta and the Brel offers the chance at something completely different
----=====This is my opinion you don't have to listen and no one else has to read them these "OPINIONS" are based on my exploits and my learning other people will have their opinions and that's fine just don't knock my way of doing things thanks=====----

Last edited by mustafatennick; 02-01-2013 at 04:11 AM.
Commander
# 5
02-01-2013, 04:38 AM
Find a fleet which is close to completing the tier 5 shipyard
Career Officer
# 6
02-01-2013, 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironmako View Post
I am currently running a Haj (heghta) BoP, and it is loaded with borg heavy antiproton cannons, rapid fire transphasics and on the rear, the re is an antiproton turret, and a transphasic cluster torp.

Of course for stations i have the rapid fire, the scatter volley, and the same for torps (high yield and rapid fire)

Im a massive BoP fan, and all my ships so far Have been BoP, and i'm not planning to change it!

I am almost ready to get a fleet ship, however im in two minds whether to get the brel, and have an epic torp boat, or to keep a cannon/torp mix, and go for the Hoh'sus.

My playing style is hit hard, cloak and repeat, for most of the time anyway.

What would be your choice?
I say man up and get the Norgh. Nothing quite like flying a shuttle into the middle of a firefight.
If I don't respond to posts on this forum don't be offended. I don't sub or follow any of them.
Career Officer
Hi Ironmako,

Your torn it seems? Hoh'sus or B'rel? I own a B'rel retrofit myself. The Hoh'sus can hit a little harder than my B'rel in terms of DPS thanks to its 4 tactical consoles. But I'll tell you why I love my B'rel so much.

Though most people are probably aware of the B'rel's unique ability to fire when cloaked, you'll be surprised how much damage you actually dish out with the right load out. The most damage I've inflicted on a crit hit with the B'rel with full buffs (APA, Fire on my mark, APO, Go down fighting, and Tactical fleet dmg buff) then going into cloak before firing my payload was approx 380k from a combined 4 xTricobalt Mine blast released with the Dispersal Pattern Beta III mine buff. I single shotted a Borg Cube with that on a Khitomer Accords Elite STF today while working my side of the map.

Keep in mind... The trade off for such huge spikes of damage in your attacks is a sacrifice in DPS. Generally DPS is much more important in STFs/PvE games than sudden spikes of damage which can take some time to setup again. The cool thing about the B'rel is you can totally configure it to go back n forth from a gun/DPS boat to a torp/gank boat.

Last edited by kronplah78; 02-01-2013 at 03:54 PM.
Captain
# 8
02-01-2013, 05:08 PM
Try the fleet norgh. Its a monster and makes the hohsus looks wimpy.

B'rel torp is my fave ship and one of my toons is 100% dedicated to it. Word of warning though: You do need a fully focused capt. skill set to make it work. That means no energy weapon spec nor shield regen skills. Those points go into the sci skills the b'rel uses along with the torps.

B'rel is a very fun ship and excels in PVE but it is not so good in PvP.
http://media.tumblr.com/160cacdb395f8340dac90864182ebe16/tumblr_inline_mx9yxhItkb1qg9pkt.jpg
Career Officer
# 9
02-01-2013, 05:12 PM
I've used my b'rel in more relaxed PVEs like slotting fed NPCs in the Kahless expanse. I use a transphasic set up for it, since shields i find to be very annoying. A good cluster torpedo, followed by a torp, wait for it to cloak again, and use mine pattern beta for the transphasic mines and wait. Most NPCs will fall after two or three passes.
On the subject of Abramsverse stuff in STO: http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/07...l-rivera-part/
And more reasons against JJ Trek: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiQ9piVgtWM
And even more: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REOjxvQPQNQ
Captain
# 10
02-01-2013, 05:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kronplah78 View Post
Hi Ironmako,

Your torn it seems? Hoh'sus or B'rel? I own a B'rel retrofit myself. The Hoh'sus can hit a little harder than my B'rel in terms of DPS thanks to its 4 tactical consoles. But I'll tell you why I love my B'rel so much.

Though most people are probably aware of the B'rel's unique ability to fire when cloaked, you'll be surprised how much damage you actually dish out with the right load out. The most damage I've inflicted on a crit hit with the B'rel with full buffs (APA, Fire on my mark, APO, Go down fighting, and Tactical fleet dmg buff) then going into cloak before firing my payload was approx 380k from a combined 4 xTricobalt Mine blast released with the Dispersal Pattern Beta III mine buff. I single shotted a Borg Cube with that on a Khitomer Accords Elite STF today while working my side of the map.

Keep in mind... The trade off for such huge spikes of damage in your attacks is a sacrifice in DPS. Generally DPS is much more important in STFs/PvE games than sudden spikes of damage which can take some time to setup again. The cool thing about the B'rel is you can totally configure it to go back n forth from a gun/DPS boat to a torp/gank boat.
Yep yep.

Here's a vid of when I tried the tachyon beam as a sci assist to torps.. didnt work well so I dropped the tachyon. In a few days ill have both omega and hyper plasma & will post new vid with them.

Video
http://media.tumblr.com/160cacdb395f8340dac90864182ebe16/tumblr_inline_mx9yxhItkb1qg9pkt.jpg