Career Officer
Dan Stahl indicated a desire for feedback on the subject.

Here's what I'd like:

Bozeman, Montana. Doesn't need to be the actual place, so as not to exclude Klingons. Could be a historical recreation at a park, a holoprogram, etc.

I'd like it to be modern day Bozeman.

Ideally, I'd like:

The bar: with authentic-STYLE wall decor and a jukebox.

The launchpad/silo.

The Vulcan lander on display.

The statue of Zefram Cochrane. Doesn't need to be a perfect likeness although I bet Cromwell would sign off pretty freely.

My suggestion is that Cryptic either get some royalty free rock music or get Dan Stahl to play some.

Prefered rewards:

- Zefram Cochrane dance emote.
- Awkward live long and propser emote.
- Neckerchief and hat costume pieces.
- Zefram Cochrane's shotgun.

If we're looking at a mission that would be added in the vein of the 3rd anniversary mission, here's my soft pitch:

How the heck did mirror Cochrane and his band of 40 odd misfits manage to conquer Vulcan with a single captured lander? He needed help.

By explaining how he got help, there's an opening for us, especially if the Tholians and their ship delivery stuff is involved. (Maybe a major modern ship could wind up in Cochrane's hands?) Maybe this could also explain where Smiley got the resources to rebuild the modern TE if we saw the Tholians were deliberately arming the empire.

And for a couple of ideas for fun oddball cameos, pending CBS approval:

- Have the mission be assigned by Walker rather than be another random time travel adventure. If Walker shows up, at least time travel is pretty much a story necessity, as opposed to random time travel. (Or maybe we get tricked by Mirror Walker. Cryptic seems to have implied that there is a Mirror 29th century Terran Empire set of timecops with the Mobius.)

- Colonel Philip Green, the fascist leader. Played by two actors so likeness is probably up in the air. He might be alive (and be a good guy) in Mirror Cochrane's time.

- References to Emperor Gabriel Bell.

- Buck Bokai: Champion Pit Gladiator. Also played by two models. What? Why would they play baseball in the Mirror Universe? Mirror Bokai could be a 65 year old freedom fighter.

- Okay, okay. I got a load of references for what Mirror 21st century could be like. Millennium Gate Penitentiary. Chronowerx Arms Manufacturing. Brynner Disinformation Systems.
Captain
# 2
02-01-2013, 04:03 PM
Nice! I'll vote for all of this!
Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM me for more. :-)

Sig by gulberat. Avatar credit to balsavor.deviantart.com
Starfleet Veteran
# 3
02-01-2013, 04:09 PM
Why would the Klingons need to be considered for First Contact Day its a Federation holiday, can't they just give the Klingons some kind of Day of Honor event thing instead, it would maker more sense then celebrating a holiday of their mortal enemies.
Career Officer
# 4
02-01-2013, 04:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hartzilla View Post
Why would the Klingons need to be considered for First Contact Day its a Federation holiday, can't they just give the Klingons some kind of Day of Honor event thing instead, it would maker more sense then celebrating a holiday of their mortal enemies.
Well, if it deals with MIRROR First Contact Day, it kinda involves everyone. Which is what I was proposing.
Captain
# 5
02-01-2013, 04:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hartzilla View Post
Let the Klingons blow everything up by making his idea Open PvP.

"There is no problem in the universe that can't be solved with a bribe, a paid assassin, or an overpowered fighter." - Chubain from Jumpgate Evolution
Cryptic Studios Team
# 6
02-01-2013, 04:38 PM
Actually, the original idea for last year was to do Montana. I had started whiteboxing a little by time we decided we didn't have anything cool to put in there missionwise, without doing some crazy time travelly nonsense. So it got shifted to Utopia Planitia.

I still think it would be fun to make that map, but I don't know what the plan is for this year.
-The Artist formerly known as Tumerboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightybobcnc View Post
Tacofangs, what is your beef with where's Sulu?
Career Officer
# 7
02-01-2013, 05:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacofangs View Post
Actually, the original idea for last year was to do Montana. I had started whiteboxing a little by time we decided we didn't have anything cool to put in there missionwise, without doing some crazy time travelly nonsense. So it got shifted to Utopia Planitia.

I still think it would be fun to make that map, but I don't know what the plan is for this year.
If you build it in your spare time I'll pay you in baked goods.
Republic Veteran
# 8
02-01-2013, 05:29 PM
GREAT idea! Thoroughly love the premise.
Republic Veteran
# 9
02-01-2013, 05:36 PM
In this case, why bother allowing the KDF to play it? Why not set it up as a "reenactment" you participate in. On the KDF side, how about Cryptic actually come up with the history of Klingon warp travel. We know the Starfleet story but the Klingon story is a mystery.

The question isn't "How did Mirror Cochran and his band of misfits conquer Vulcan?"

The question is how the idiots that make up the Klingon Empire ever become spacefaring? Drunk frat boys rarely design universe warping engines.

That would be a story worth playing.
Click here to watch my STO play-through video series.
Career Officer
# 10
02-01-2013, 06:01 PM
...just all pack ya bags and come over here... will be my birthday
(couldn't resist :x)

Klink: House of Beautiful - J'Luc / Rommie: Lag Industries - D'Waste
Join Date Hoster: Dec 2011 - Join Date Symbiont: 1403 A.D. and not a dull moment
PLZ ADD MARKS-TO-CHOOSE PACKS AND AFK/LEAVER PENALTY TO PVP PUBLIC QUES (not privates!)
AND DON'T TOUCH OUR DIL!!!