Career Officer
# 511
02-01-2013, 02:31 PM
Depends what role you want to play with the LRSV.

To be a good healer, it lacks engineering abilities. So no shield extens. If you want to be a VM spamming sci damage dealer, the recon is better (especially fleet recon), because it has more tac slots and more speed/turnrate. The LRSV is the ship with most science abilities. But because you lack the options I just mentioned, it will never be a min/max build. So In my opinion it leaves you with a combination of something with debuffs and crowd controll, but also some heals. Then I would make a plasma or transphasic torpedo build with the beam array equipped on the back for the subsystem targetting. while I never tried this build, I think its a failsafe one.

HE1, HE2, VM1, VM3
TrB1, TSS2, ST3
TrB1

EptS1, EptS2
TS1/HY1, APD1

Power settings: 25/50/25/100

Doffs:
2x development scientists (reduce science team to 15s)
2x System engineer (viral matrix doff)
1x torpedo doff

Regarding deflector/engine/shield and consoles, focus on the options given in the sci/eng healing builds you metioned

If you wanna focus more on crowd controll, you can replace VM's with grav wells. (with the grav well doffs). Spec heavy in graviton generators (like borg set) and you have a nice synergy of grav well + tractor beams. But personally, I would stick with VM,

edit: It looks a lot to this old build of mavairo. Still valid I guess:
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1&postcount=10

Last edited by rudiefix1; 02-01-2013 at 02:35 PM.
Ensign
# 512
02-01-2013, 05:38 PM
Thanks a lot rudiefix

As much as the Grav wells are fun to use, i've found they tend to just be pretty swirls Everyone just gets away from it way too easily. In the end it just becomes another spam clearing tool...which seems like a waste. Maybe i'm not doing it right but for now VM seems to be the better option.

In any case, i'll try it out

p/s : The wells/RSV builds work great on the respective ships, just curious about what can be done with the LRSV sitting there collecting dust :p

Last edited by babyfacez; 02-01-2013 at 05:47 PM.
Career Officer
# 513
02-01-2013, 05:47 PM
well Mavairos builds aren't really old. I have many of them, inculding the pyro build. And they still work wonders. Even though the devs have screwed up a few things - since a few months ago. Mavairo's builds still have sound mathematical accuracy. The devs never, and will never, understood/-stand that unfortunately.
I digress...

Last edited by apocalypse2001; 02-01-2013 at 08:34 PM.
Career Officer
# 514
02-02-2013, 10:25 AM
after months of periodically opening random boxes, i received a D'kora marauder.
There are players that have told me that its been nerfed in several ways. One of them being how it turns. What the others are, i do not remember.

Is it worth equipping that ship?
Any worthy builds?
Before you answer my question(s), here is some information to help you.

- My engineer has the entire temporal set.... (just a thought)

- On my science character I also have several special consoles, such as Transwarp Computer and Enhanced Plasma manifold (since the red matter console is no longer available).
Also my science character is the only one that has finished Omega reputation projects, and nearly finished with Romulan....

- also my engineer has a lot more fleet credit than my science captain (and no, those aren't my only character)

- Perhaps I could use the D'Kora on my OTHER ferengi science on which I used the Fleet Nova build you provided); assuming the marauder is worthy of use.

So yeah, food for thought.
Empire Veteran
# 515
02-02-2013, 03:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by babyfacez View Post
Hey DDIS, and hey everyone.

First I want to thank DDIS for coming up with the idea of this thread, really a wealth of info here for those like me who are just getting started with pvp and all.

So I queue for pug pvp quite often lately, and have used some of the sci builds here to good result (both ddis and rudiefix's wells and the rsv builds). But as much as I love flying the wells and the rsv, I seem to always end up thinking about the lrsv instead. Something about the boff layout just seems more attractive.

What would your take on the fleet lrsv or lrsv retro be like for a Sci? I would love to see a build that you would use on it.

Thanks!
i cant take all the credit, this is a continuation of other threads that was supposed to be more of a collaboration, but its sort of become my cross to bare lol.

luckily several others also contribute from time to time too. i think we all feel that the more knowledgeable and better prepared the player base is, the more fun we will all have. i would rather my opponent be challenging then a helpless sponge of my weapons fire
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Lt. Commander
# 516
02-02-2013, 11:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wuusta View Post
I have a question about your star cruiser/mirror assault cruiser build. First of all, of those 2 ships which one would you recommend? http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1&postcount=96 Has a cruiser build in it, but it also has 'The Spec'. Which one do you recommend I use? And please tell me why. Thanks

-Wuusta (P.S Do you have a Youtube account? I would love to see some of your game play.)

The Mirrorstar spec is designed to work with both the AC, and the Mirrorstarcruiser. As well as a Recluse if need be.

DDIS needs to go back through the thread and put the AC build in there too. The changes are fairly minimal.

The AC just simply loads up 2 Torp spreads with the Recluse's torpedo. 1 TS1, 1 TS2. It runs a HE1, TSS2, with an alternate option for PH and TSS2.
Career Officer
# 517
02-03-2013, 12:13 AM
so any thoughts on my D'kora blurb?? or are you avoiding that ship like the plague?
Ensign
# 518
02-03-2013, 02:01 AM
Sorry for dragging the discussion back to the lrsv, but I thought I might as well share what I've noticed after trying it out for two days.

I know it's probably due to me not doing it right and all, and granted just 2 days is too little, but I was rolling with the transphasic suggestion and I found it to be quite underwhelming. I know sci/sci shouldn't be about huge dps, but it felt like it didn't have "useful" weapons at all apart from the beam array :p the transphasic damage was laughable at best.

I haven't tried the plasma idea though. I habe a feeling it would be better. And sorry if this is newbish, but I'm not sure what mods to use for torps, as far as I started running pug pvp I just went straight for acc x3... Or is it overkill?

Boff wise it works like a charm rudiefix

And again my apologies for interrupting the d'kora talk :p
Career Officer
# 519
02-03-2013, 02:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by babyfacez View Post
Sorry for dragging the discussion back to the lrsv, but I thought I might as well share what I've noticed after trying it out for two days.

I know it's probably due to me not doing it right and all, and granted just 2 days is too little, but I was rolling with the transphasic suggestion and I found it to be quite underwhelming. I know sci/sci shouldn't be about huge dps, but it felt like it didn't have "useful" weapons at all apart from the beam array :p the transphasic damage was laughable at best.

I haven't tried the plasma idea though. I habe a feeling it would be better. And sorry if this is newbish, but I'm not sure what mods to use for torps, as far as I started running pug pvp I just went straight for acc x3... Or is it overkill?

Boff wise it works like a charm rudiefix

And again my apologies for interrupting the d'kora talk :p
oh no worries. He doesn't have four arms, so he'll get to it eventually
Empire Veteran
# 520
02-03-2013, 02:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mavhax View Post
The Mirrorstar spec is designed to work with both the AC, and the Mirrorstarcruiser. As well as a Recluse if need be.

DDIS needs to go back through the thread and put the AC build in there too. The changes are fairly minimal.

The AC just simply loads up 2 Torp spreads with the Recluse's torpedo. 1 TS1, 1 TS2. It runs a HE1, TSS2, with an alternate option for PH and TSS2.
its kinda funny, but i have basically no heal boats in the entire thread. they just boar me to death, but they would be the most helpful info to post. you are welcome to post too, other people have added good builds, and for if some reason you want to later edit something but cant , a simple redirect to a new post can be easily done in the TOC.
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus