Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > The Art of Star Trek Online
Login

Closed Thread

Captain
What does that mean?
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Captain
# 2
02-01-2013, 08:33 PM
Maybe the new faction put too much strain on the old system?
The Somraw, K'tinga, D'Kyr, D7, Kumari, and T'Varo are all older than the Constitution Refit and yet they are tier 5. The rule needs to change.
Career Officer
# 3
02-01-2013, 08:42 PM
To be fair i'm shooting from the hip here since I've haven't digested all the new info for upcoming STO content/systems/etc...

But I remember some time back (ask cryptic maybe?) that D. Stahl had alluded to a revamp of the trait system. That would pretty much require a redo of the character creator.

Still, if anything else changes it would be ironic given that everything I've read and heard indicates STO's actual character creation system is one of the best in the MMO industry...and it is one of my favorite parts of the game....so lets hope for the best lol.
|William@wmcarson|Starfleet Reserve|www.StarfleetReserve.com
Captain
# 4
02-01-2013, 10:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcarson View Post
But I remember some time back (ask cryptic maybe?) that D. Stahl had alluded to a revamp of the trait system. That would pretty much require a redo of the character creator.

Still, if anything else changes it would be ironic given that everything I've read and heard indicates STO's actual character creation system is one of the best in the MMO industry...and it is one of my favorite parts of the game....so lets hope for the best lol.
DStahl mentioned that the current character models are going to still be a part of it, so they themselves might not be changing much. It might not even have anything to do with the character models, and it's just a UI organizational thing. Or we might be getting a crapton more sliders. So....

....who knows.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Captain
# 5
02-01-2013, 11:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcarson View Post
That'd be nice.

Quote:
If you can handle the cartoony character models, Champions Online has one that puts STO's to shame. Even for the freebies. The main problem is that you need to be of a certain level to get full access.

Then again, CO doesn't have starships... yet.
# 6
02-02-2013, 02:31 AM
Always makes me nervous when they talk about totally redesigning something. tends to make thing extremely buggy.

on the surface this does not sound like something that needs doing, but we are limited in how and what we can customize, as not everything works with everything else. if this is an attempt to give more freedom, mix and match off duty, on duty, stf gear then it could be fun but it wont be without bumps.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Survivor of Romulus
# 7
02-02-2013, 01:32 PM
Purely speculation, but I'm guessing they'll implement new technology the Neverwinter team developed while working on the game, and then sending it over to the STO people to port it to the game.

It might include the new hair technology that was mentioned a long time ago.

With all the new uniforms and accessories it might even be feasible they're redoing the way the uniform options show up -- after all I doubt they foresaw all these things they'd end up adding to the character generator.

Almost assuredly there'll be a different trait system that would work in tandem with the re-trait system they're wanting to put in in Season 8.

I'm betting it'll be less buggy (or more buggy depending on how bad they screw it up).
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?u=91851766000&type=sigpic&dateline=13403  39147
Career Officer
# 8
02-02-2013, 02:34 PM
Well lets face it...

The engine used by is getting old and so is the UI... Sure there was a ton of things you could do compared to other games when it was released, but it's starting to not be so great anymore.

If STO/Champs/Neverwinter is to be a serious competitor with other games, it needs to stay ahead, or at least on par with modern games.

Every now and then, that means ripping out an old system and reworking it entirely. Adding new features, more functions and even optimize old ones.

This is probably what is happening here.

If we are lucky, we might even be able to add birthmarks (Over the top, I know, but you get the point).
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports
Captain
# 9
02-02-2013, 03:17 PM
I do think they need to expand the traits somewhat. The KDF basically have one default available race (Letheans) that can come with a space trait (efficient), and not surprisingly BOFFs with that trait are usually priced way up.

Maybe changing and expanding it so each species has three space, and three ground. Or something. Must say it's not like I've worked it all out myself, but it does seem like that could be expanded.

I'm fine with the game graphically, other than wanting more options in some cases.
--------------------------------------

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom

Last edited by tsurutafan01; 02-02-2013 at 03:23 PM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 10
02-02-2013, 03:28 PM
I think it'll just be a new interface on how we change our characters appearence etc.
Closed Thread