Ensign
# 11
02-01-2013, 10:43 PM
soo A few hours server maintenance on monday so I didn't bother logging in.

The other day there was an event launch and I wanted to play. Nope, server maintenance delayed the event. Not to worry, I'll do something else - it was early afternoon so I had many options. When I did eventually get on it was like playing on a powerpoint. Nevermind eh, it's an event after all.

9:30pm last night I wanted to play (not unreasonable for a friday night) but no, server reset for half hour. Nevermind, probably lots of people hitting the servers hard and they need looking after which isn't unreasonable.

Saturday morning, daughter has woken me early (dammit!) so I log on early to try and get some play in before the wife wakes up but no, I'm restricted because there is going to be server maintenance in little over an hour.

Tell me something Cryptic, is my wife paying you to stop me playing?
Career Officer
# 12
02-01-2013, 11:09 PM
Will Cryptic learn from this for the Fourth anniversary? If STO's still going by then
----
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-01-2013, 11:12 PM
Ok, so let me get this straight, last night you said you'd have the servers down for two hours and kept us waiting for five hours, now you want to have the servers down for maintenance for two hours again? Are you trying to annoy people? Customers don't pay to be jerked around. -.-
Captain
# 14
02-01-2013, 11:25 PM
Survivor of Romulus
# 15 spoof
02-01-2013, 11:30 PM
Here at cryptic we take great pains to go out of our why to create new and exciting bugs. Everything is working as intended please don't send bug reports as there go to a e-mail that we lost the password to 3 years ago.

=/\=Beers=/\=

branflops
with a heavy heart i quit on the 27/4/2014 because there dont fix things and are stealing my rep powers that ive worked hard for game uninstalled
Career Officer
# 16
02-01-2013, 11:34 PM
I'm guessing somebody forgot to accommodate for the stress the server would be under with so many temporal paradoxes forming from the new mission... They should go back to the academy and resit their temporal mechanics class!
Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since Beta.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs.
Take one down, patch it around.
127 little bugs in the code...
Ensign
# 17
02-01-2013, 11:35 PM
This is getting annoying. get it right the first time!. Trust me, Its better that way. Less head aches and less cranky patrons (like myself).
Empire Veteran
# 18
02-01-2013, 11:42 PM
Must be an emergancy, because no mmo in their right mind would do maintenance on a weekend unless there was no other choice. I mean who wants to annoy their customers to the point of just quitting when their new Mmo is just around the corner?

Glad I'm not in your guys shoes! Good luck finding the problem! =)
Captain
# 19
02-01-2013, 11:46 PM
How many times does this make it this week?

This is annoying if your having this much problems go out get another server divide up the F2Ps such as a global 1 and global 2 server this would reduce load volume.

This has been one if not the most annoying thing ive ever been through and im married so i know what being annoyed to the brink of insanity is.
Lieutenant
# 20
02-01-2013, 11:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by raventomoe View Post
I'm hoping this patch fixes the Temporal Ambassador mission which has locked itself into what I call "The Groundhog Bug" ... kind of appropriate name given the nature of the mission.
if you dont skip cutscenes etc, alt+tab away of game, it wont do it, also you cant team up during the mission, or it dont flag complete.
Closed Thread