Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Closed Thread

Empire Veteran
We often see people asking for a peace agreement between the Empire and the Federation on other subforums. Most of those why say yes are Fed players though. But what we, KDF players, would like to see? And how would you react if peace was forced upon the faction without the agreement of KDF players, if the majority was opposed to that?

I would say no. And not a small no. A huge no way, not now and not ever. Because most of the background of the KDF is war and signing peace doesn't sound fun for the future of the faction.
Career Officer
# 2
02-02-2013, 10:37 AM
I don't see how our existing game experience -at any level- would change one bit if we were officially "at peace", so meh?
nynik | Join Date: Dec 2009
<Dev> Oaks@dstahl: *checks for CBS listening devices in the office*
Captain
# 3
02-02-2013, 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diogene0 View Post
We often see people asking for a peace agreement between the Empire and the Federation on other subforums. Most of those why say yes are Fed players though. But what we, KDF players, would like to see?
I'd like to see more separation. More war. More story built upon that idea. More about the Undine. More about how the KDF knew the Undine were infiltrating but the Federation was too weak to stop them.

But that requires doing a lot of work that the current team isn't prepared to do.

Quote:
And how would you react if peace was forced upon the faction without the agreement of KDF players, if the majority was opposed to that?
Some very narrow minded quotes from DStahl and others in the past have indicated that the KDF is such a tiny minority of the playerbase that even the majority of this minority don't hold much sway with development decisions.
Empire Veteran
# 4
02-02-2013, 11:13 AM
I'm not sure we could actually tell the difference.

From a player PvP perspective the war is a joke. There is no "war goals" PvP or campain.
There is no territory or star systems changing hands. Basicly all the "war" is, is a story plot item that doesn't really seem to do a whole lot for the player experience.

Before peace, could we please actually have a war?

I'm Klingon where my war, I was told there was a war, and I showed up now where is it.. I WILL NOT BE CHEATED!
Release 8.5 "STO The Next Generation"

Let the happy old bug stomping commence, along with refinement toward enhancing each factions play experience!
Commander
# 5
02-02-2013, 11:24 AM
well would it matter? kdf have few content missions between them and feds in this war kerrat could stay as a testing grounds for feds and kdf to test weapons against each other and the borg like they do now keep the pvp queues but as training against each other finally might be able to have kdf and fed teams for things such as nukara defera new romulus finding other kdf is rather hard.
the war itself what war is my question? we walk by each other on ds9 if this was a real war we should be trying to siege it lines of bortasqu raptos b'rel's blasting chuncks out of it we should be able to enter federation space and raid transports shoot them disable them board them not like the path of the warrior attacking them beaming up things. whatever happened to good old boarding partys dont shoot till you see the fear in there eyes kinda party
Captain
# 6
02-02-2013, 11:33 AM
Why not make it like it was in TOS? No official peace treaty between them, but the two governments are 'peaceful and diplomatic' towards each other. But when the two sides meet out in the vastness of space, it nearly always ends up in some kind of fight. That keeps the pvp alive and the so called war story that never really did anything is put to rest. Heck, with Task Force Omega, New Romulus, and the fact it was all B'Vat as the antagonist in the klingon campaign, it seemed it was more like it was only his house that declared war anyway.

A Romulan Strike Team, Missing Farmers and an ancient base on a Klingon Border world. But what connects them? Find out in my First Foundary mission: 'The Jeroan Farmer Escapade'
Empire Veteran
# 7
02-02-2013, 11:44 AM
It does matter. Peace would mean that the fed & kdf content would be even more similar. I mean it's already a copy-paste job but it could be worse. War means you can't cooperate with Feds. Which is good from my point of view.
Commander
# 8
02-02-2013, 12:36 PM
This was asked and answered during dstahls Q/A the other day.

Quote:
YZCO 1@yzco: Will the Klingon Empire and the Federation make peace?

<Dev> Oaks@dstahl: Will there be peace? Maybe - but something has to present an opportunity for peace - we are a ways from that right now
So that basically means, something has to happen first before the Klingon Empire accepts peace. Makes sense to me

And I for one don't want the peace to end, for storyline and/or gameplay reasons
T5 Ship Comparison Spreadsheet
Play my missions on Holodeck!
Return of Ja'Dok Series (6 Part Series)
Enemy of the Exile Series (4 Part Series)
Task Force Ja'Dok Series (3 Part Series)
Career Officer
# 9
02-02-2013, 12:59 PM
I wouldn't mind a peace, but the Federation would have to pay up! I want the dress I already payed Zen for, and all their boots!
Empire Veteran
# 10
02-02-2013, 01:04 PM
If it means I can queue any of the PvE 20-man missions and not wait an eternity... then yea, sure, whatever, PEACE!

Still gonna take prisoners and sell 'em off to Slavers tho.
Closed Thread