Starfleet Veteran
# 4611
02-02-2013, 12:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisedallen89 View Post
*James and the Allied fleet is in warp fleeing the Iconian attack force.. *

James: Are they following?

*Miranda takes the science station and starts scanning.*

Miranda: Yes but they are slowing down.. As if following.. us.

James: We are going to have to engage them if we want to lose them. *gets on a comm station and starts typing a message to Sam a battle plan. *

Wax prep the mines and have the civilian frigates head to these coordinates as a rendezvous point.

All hands red alert and don normal suits and head to the combat bridge.

Man the systems.

*Red Alert Klaxon roars as the lights dim.. Crew members rush and start handing out the Normal Suits. *
Sam: James, without the AT shields your ships don't stand a chance. Even the Republic can't handle an Iconian Mothership.

*OOC: That's actually true. The Republic struggled to defeat a Sythesiser Ship which was using duplicated Iconian Technology, equal to that of an Iconian Frigate. And one Mothership destroyed upwards of 1000 Federation, Republic, Romulan and Klingon Ships (this included AT Shield-equipped ships and was prior to the Republic being commissioned, aswell as prior to the development of the ZPCs and the rest of the Republic's advanced Anti-Iconian combat systems. And the Odyssey is from the same generation as the ships that fought Taragi's Mothership at Vulcan. Logan knows what I mean.

1 of those is more than 700 ships can handle at once. 4 wiped the floor with the allied fleet in minutes. You have a whole fleet of them chasing you, with a Weapons range twice yours and you have no AT shields and without a capable new-type your Omega Frames are just dead weight. The Republic's Matthew Neilson-Class Battleship is the only thing that stands a chance against an Iconian ship, and there are only 2 of them in this fleet.*
My Fan Fictions
Starfleet Veteran
# 4612
02-02-2013, 12:50 PM
Quote:
*OOC: The Hunter systems work as they emit a sort of damaging and nullifying Omega Particle.. This causes pain and such in Newtypes and artificial ones. These systems can be used to counter the AT Shields and bit system. When engaged the ships move at an expotential rate and if used by a Newtype or greater being uses it. It will be much deadlier and has one function more if used there. Destroy mode. Though there is one counter and it is Omega Dampening systems.*

To counter the G-forces that come from the disengaged limiters the users have to wear special suits built to counter those forces and not kill the user.

In a sense it uses the user as a battery and processor.*
OOC: the one problem is it relies on the Icopnians jamming you using New-Types of their own, which they're not. T'mar did say that it wasn't a telepathic attack.
My Fan Fictions
Captain
# 4613
02-02-2013, 01:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan218 View Post
Sam: James, without the AT shields your ships don't stand a chance. Even the Republic can't handle an Iconian Mothership.

*OOC: That's actually true. The Republic struggled to defeat a Sythesiser Ship which was using duplicated Iconian Technology, equal to that of an Iconian Frigate. And one Mothership destroyed upwards of 1000 Federation, Republic, Romulan and Klingon Ships (this included AT Shield-equipped ships and was prior to the Republic being commissioned, aswell as prior to the development of the ZPCs and the rest of the Republic's advanced Anti-Iconian combat systems. And the Odyssey is from the same generation as the ships that fought Taragi's Mothership at Vulcan. Logan knows what I mean.

1 of those is more than 700 ships can handle at once. 4 wiped the floor with the allied fleet in minutes. You have a whole fleet of them chasing you, with a Weapons range twice yours and you have no AT shields and without a capable new-type your Omega Frames are just dead weight. The Republic's Matthew Neilson-Class Battleship is the only thing that stands a chance against an Iconian ship, and there are only 2 of them in this fleet.*
James: Trust me I was briefed on that. The thing I pointed out was that they rely too much on that technology, and lack an effective commander. Plus I am no slouch and still have enough fight in me.

*OOC: Trust me on that point he isn't. I am guessing the Iconain in charge is also not that good of a commander and is quick for the kill. Honestly think they kept the technology the same? Nah.. *

Plus there are a couple surprises that the Iconians are going to be surprised.

So Sam please trust me on it.

*OOC: Odyssey C is not a Odyssey class it is a Birmingham *refit now since the end of the M conflict.* It is lighter and a tad smaller than the old Odyssey.*

James: Federation ships disengage and protect the Civilian freighters.

Wax. *send a message that surprises Wax.*

Wax: Yes sir. That should surprise them.

*The Odyssey C speeds head on missing all of the bits showing the true form of the vessel. *

James: *Notices the firing range.* Firing Range.. is as I expected. Compensate speed.

Charge weaponry multi frequencies have the torpedoes ready when we are in position. *puts a head set on and hooks it.*

*The ship begins to speed up causing turbulence. The first shot that hits then bounces off a hidden tightly compact AT shield of meta-physical energy. The Iconian commander is shocked.*

Fire at the points designated now Wax.

When will we be in range

Wax: Not too much longer. Firing Charged beams at structural points and engaging the ship to ship computers

*Siri the AI comes up*

*Siri is the AI used to counter the Iconian computer systems that wreeks havoc on their systems. Using their technology against them in new ways through both derived from captured remains of ships and Cortana. *
Captain
# 4614
02-02-2013, 01:13 PM
Quote:
OOC: the one problem is it relies on the Icopnians jamming you using New-Types of their own, which they're not. T'mar did say that it wasn't a telepathic attack.
OOC: Its the effect of the system. The Hunter system is made from this. SO its not an attack. Just an effect.
Starfleet Veteran
# 4615
02-02-2013, 01:18 PM
Quote:
James: Trust me I was briefed on that. The thing I pointed out was that they rely too much on that technology, and lack an effective commander. Plus I am no slouch and still have enough fight in me.

*OOC: Trust me on that point he isn't. I am guessing the Iconain in charge is also not that good of a commander and is quick for the kill. Honestly think they kept the technology the same? Nah.. *

*OOC: Odyssey C is not a Odyssey class it is a Birmingham *refit now since the end of the M conflict.* It is lighter and a tad smaller than the old Odyssey.*

*The Odyssey C speeds head on missing all of the bits showing the true form of the vessel. *

James: *Notices the firing range.* Firing Range.. is as I expected. Compensate speed.

Charge weaponry multi frequencies have the torpedoes ready when we are in position. *puts a head set on and hooks it.*

*The ship begins to speed up causing turbulence. The first shot that hits then bounces off a hidden tightly compact AT shield of meta-physical energy. The Iconian commander is shocked.*

When will we be in range

Wax: Not too much longer. Firing Charged beams at structural points and engaging the ship to ship computers

*Siri the AI comes up*

*Siri is the AI used to counter the Iconian computer systems that wreeks havoc on their systems. Using their technology against them in new ways through both derived from captured remains of ships and Cortana. *
OOC: I remember. It was Birmingham-Class ships that would have led the charge at Vulcan.

And there is no Iconian Debris to study. The only Iconian ship ever destroyed was pulled into a Black Hole before the wreckage could be analysed.

And... a Federation AI versus a race that's at least 200 years ahead of us technologically? That should be interesting...

Short, futile, but interesting.
My Fan Fictions
Starfleet Veteran
# 4616
02-02-2013, 01:21 PM
Quote:

When will we be in range

*Siri the AI comes up*

Taragi: I see what they're trying to do.

Bring the Gateway Drive online.

*The Lead ship opens a gateway in front of the Odyssey's path. The Odyssey is sent into a system dominated by a Black Hole.*

OOC: He's definitely competent. Now, I would suggest you activate your Warp Drive and TRY to catch up with the fleet. Remember, no fold-jumping.

*Sarcastically* I'm not enjoying this at all!
My Fan Fictions
Captain
# 4617
02-02-2013, 01:29 PM
Quote:
Taragi: I see what they're trying to do.

Bring the Gateway Drive online.

*The Lead ship opens a gateway in front of the Odyssey's path. The Odyssey is sent into a system dominated by a Black Hole.*

OOC: He's definitely competent. Now, I would suggest you activate your Warp Drive and TRY to catch up with the fleet. Remember, no fold-jumping.

*Sarcastically* I'm not enjoying this at all!
OOC: Ok. You are. No need to be sassy.

James: *grunts and the Odyssey bursts free and into the cosmos*

*OOC: I give. And tender the resignation.
Starfleet Veteran
# 4618
02-02-2013, 01:32 PM
Quote:
ooc: Ok. You Are. No Need To Be Sassy.

James: *grunts And The Odyssey Bursts Free And Into The Cosmos*

*ooc: I Give. And Tender The Resignation.
Ooc: Lmao!
My Fan Fictions
Captain
# 4619
02-02-2013, 01:36 PM
Quote:
Ooc: Lmao!
OOC: *shrugs* Go ahead*

Cause hey do what you please.

I am wiping my hands of it. Don't care. I got a lot I need to do. So see you guys, done. *
Starfleet Veteran
# 4620
02-02-2013, 01:44 PM
Quote:
OOC: *shrugs* Go ahead*

Cause hey do what you please.

I am wiping my hands of it. Don't care. I got a lot I need to do. So see you guys, done. *
OOC: Oh come on. If you prefer, I'll tone down the Iconians.

Better yet, you do it. Dorowa is obviously in a higher position than Taragi, so have him call Taragi off. I'd rather keep you around and get rid of Taragi than get you leaving and have to find a way of doing this with only two people. Especially since your characters have such importance in this story by this point.

Besides, you practically started this thread. It's a known fact I made the Iconians overpowered, and it means it makes sense that one Federation Starship would be outmatched.

We could ret-con the Gateway thing if you want (even I think that makes them slightly too overpowered) and go back to the battle. I think it'd be nice to see how that goes.
My Fan Fictions