Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 11,735
# 4621
02-02-2013, 01:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan218 View Post
OOC: Oh come on. If you prefer, I'll tone down the Iconians.

Better yet, you do it. Dorowa is obviously in a higher position than Taragi, so have him call Taragi off. I'd rather keep you around and get rid of Taragi than get you leaving and have to find a way of doing this with only two people. Especially since your characters have such importance in this story by this point.

Besides, you practically started this thread. It's a known fact I made the Iconians overpowered, and it means it makes sense that one Federation Starship would be outmatched.

We could ret-con the Gateway thing if you want (even I think that makes them slightly too overpowered) and go back to the battle. I think it'd be nice to see how that goes.
OOC: Okay lets see how that goes. Besides I actually had a couple trick up my sleeve.

*The Iconian vessels soon bring down on the Republic but the gateway re opens with the veil ripping it open and the souls of the dead appear and hold it open.*

*The Odyssey zips out in dramatic fashion. Using what appears to be the willpower of James alone *

James: Did you seriously think that would work on me Dog? Wax since we are now in range signal it in now. *They approach the vessel firing on the structural weak points as SIRI starts interrupting the Iconains but only enough to give the bits time to burrow in and start firing like machine guns inside the ship before exploding*

*Iconian vessel off the side of the other watches in horror as the vessel soon starts exploding and the Federation vessel rips through a sort of blue Omega beam shield over it *
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 11,735
# 4622
02-02-2013, 02:00 PM
*James is starting to wheeze a bit and Miranda then stick a hypo into his neck to keep the convulsion down.*

Wax: Sam if your going to help do it now. We need time to charge..
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 12,100
# 4623
02-02-2013, 02:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisedallen89 View Post
OOC: Okay lets see how that goes. Besides I actually had a couple trick up my sleeve.

*The Iconian vessels soon bring down on the Republic but the gateway re opens with the veil ripping it open and the souls of the dead appear and hold it open.*

*The Odyssey zips out in dramatic fashion. Using what appears to be the willpower of James alone *

James: Did you seriously think that would work on me Dog? Wax since we are now in range signal it in now. *They approach the vessel firing on the structural weak points as SIRI starts interrupting the Iconains but only enough to give the bits time to burrow in and start firing like machine guns inside the ship before exploding*

*Iconian vessel off the side of the other watches in horror as the vessel soon starts exploding and the Federation vessel rips through a sort of blue Omega beam shield over it *
OOC: Umm... okay, now I have to change my underwear.

I'm assuming this is a one-time "I'm seriously p***ed off!" deal with the Odyssey turning into the Death Star?
My Fan Fictions
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 12,100
# 4624
02-02-2013, 02:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisedallen89 View Post
*James is starting to wheeze a bit and Miranda then stick a hypo into his neck to keep the convulsion down.*

Wax: Sam if your going to help do it now. We need time to charge..
Sam: Copy that.

Ops, signal the Neilson. Lets ring their doorbell.

*The Republic and the Neilson fall away from the fleet and begin letting their ZPCs rip on the lead Iconian Ship. The Iconians' shields begin to drain.*

Taragi: How are they--?!

Sensors: They are using some form of Zero-point weaponry against us!

Taragi: Sil'ra!

Fall back! We'll await orders from Dorowa.

*The Iconian Fleet drops out of warp. Sam hails the Odyssey as the Republic and Neilson rejoin the fleet.*

Sam: Alright, lets go! We shouldn't press our luck!
My Fan Fictions
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 11,735
# 4625
02-02-2013, 02:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan218 View Post
OOC: Umm... okay, now I have to change my underwear.

I'm assuming this is a one-time "I'm seriously p***ed off!" deal with the Odyssey turning into the Death Star?
*OOC: Not really the death star thing.. It targeted the structural weak points and used SIRI to interrupt the shields long enough for the bits to burrow in and start ripping the reactor apart. The Beam shield thing is a new bit of tech. uses the arrays as shield covers. But Yeah since James is not in great shape it obviously wears on him a bit keeping the ship running. So Yeah it was in some sense and explained as the plan... Even the gateway bit was to some degree a sign that the veil is pissed.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 12,100
# 4626
02-02-2013, 02:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisedallen89 View Post
*OOC: Not really the death star thing.. It targeted the structural weak points and used SIRI to interrupt the shields long enough for the bits to burrow in and start ripping the reactor apart. The Beam shield thing is a new bit of tech. uses the arrays as shield covers. But Yeah since James is not in great shape it obviously wears on him a bit keeping the ship running. So Yeah it was in some sense and explained as the plan... Even the gateway bit was to some degree a sign that the veil is pissed.
OOC: Yeah... the Death Star part was a metaphor...

Anyway, I'm not surprised James was struggling. The Iconians' "New-Type jammer" must have been causing extreme pain in him. Remember, the Republic's helm Officer couldn't even stand.
My Fan Fictions
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 11,735
# 4627
02-02-2013, 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan218 View Post
Sam: Copy that.

Ops, signal the Neilson. Lets ring their doorbell.

*The Republic and the Neilson fall away from the fleet and begin letting their ZPCs rip on the lead Iconian Ship. The Iconians' shields begin to drain.*

Taragi: How are they--?!

Sensors: They are using some form of Zero-point weaponry against us!

Taragi: Sil'ra!

Fall back! We'll await orders from Dorowa.

*The Iconian Fleet drops out of warp. Sam hails the Odyssey as the Republic and Neilson rejoin the fleet.*

Sam: Alright, lets go! We shouldn't press our luck!
James: *Regaining himself* Copy that I agree we need to update our technology . Have crews recover what we can from the wreckage.. Then lets high tail it out to the rendezvous point.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 11,735
# 4628
02-02-2013, 02:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan218 View Post
OOC: Yeah... the Death Star part was a metaphor...

Anyway, I'm not surprised James was struggling. The Iconians' "New-Type jammer" must have been causing extreme pain in him. Remember, the Republic's helm Officer couldn't even stand.
OOC: If he was in better shape he would have been able to take it for only so long. I like the idea of him dying it wears on his power a bit like Vader as well.. I remember. I am sure there are others of stronger stuff in the fleet and I think them hiding out and prepping for the next engagement would be wise. The Federation vessels need to update their technology as they were lax in updating the Omega weapons to zero point. They did manage to get some *hunter style fighters* So I think a year long wait would be wise with only hit and run tactics on smaller ships.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 11,735
# 4629
02-02-2013, 02:16 PM
*Dorowa is speaking with Taragi on the viewscreen*

Dorowa: Did you find the rebels?
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 12,100
# 4630
02-02-2013, 02:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisedallen89 View Post
James: *Regaining himself* Copy that I agree we need to update our technology . Have crews recover what we can from the wreckage.. Then lets high tail it out to the rendezvous point.
Sam: James, we don't have time! Those Iconian ships are between us and the debris. Our Iconian friends will help us with advancing our tech later!

We're setting course for Beta Stromgren, Warp 25. Think you can keep up?

*David facepalms.*

Helm: Sir... the Odyssey can make Warp 30.

Sam: Err...

*Clears throat.*

How fast is the slowest ship?

David: Warp 28.2. They won't be able to maintain it for long.

Sam: What's their cruising speed?

David: Warp 26.

Sam: Then make our speed Warp 26.

James, you'd better pull ahead of the fleet and join our formation. Your ship has better sensors than ours.
My Fan Fictions
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:30 PM.