Career Officer
# 1 3rd Anniversary Mission
02-01-2013, 05:39 AM
So, I really liked this mission -- enough that I thought I'd actually post a quick comment on it. Usually, I don't take the time, but there is one aspect of this mission that surprised me. Yes, the voices, and story, funny easter eggs, etc, is all neat. Yes, there were some funny bugs (like my Adapted Maco head with no neck... and my KDF boffs showing all wrong), but there was on specific element that I thought was absolutely great and I REALLY hope to see it used much more widely: The layout of the tunnels is random and different every time you run it. That is a new thing in my experience with STO, and something I can't wait to see more of.
Sekhmet, Fleet Admiral, Ghost Company

Lilith, Shadowcat Elite, Ferason Shadow Force
Captain
# 2
02-01-2013, 11:18 AM
There were so many epic moments in this mission I almost lost my voice from cheering so much. Commanding the Enterprise-C was awesome, and that Wells-class ship one-shotting a Tarantula was so unexpected and so epic I almost cried.

If future missions are that great, the future looks bright for STO.

Only question: does my character remember the events of the mission, or were his memories of the new timeline wiped clean by the 29th century Starfleet? It seemed kind of ambiguous.
"It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid."
-- Q
Lieutenant
# 3
02-02-2013, 12:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycoticvulcan View Post
There were so many epic moments in this mission I almost lost my voice from cheering so much. Commanding the Enterprise-C was awesome, and that Wells-class ship one-shotting a Tarantula was so unexpected and so epic I almost cried.

If future missions are that great, the future looks bright for STO.

Only question: does my character remember the events of the mission, or were his memories of the new timeline wiped clean by the 29th century Starfleet? It seemed kind of ambiguous.
well, yeah unfortunately, as the timeline restored and the new timeline never existed. Well the 29th Century Starfleet Captain said that we are important to events that will happen after the mission, so i guess more mission will come in the future.

And i like this mission, i rather replay this mission

Last edited by captainlim; 02-02-2013 at 12:35 AM.
Ensign
# 4
02-02-2013, 02:36 AM
I think I'm in a loop, but don't know if it is by design?

I've exited to regular space twice, and when I continue the mission I end up back in the tunnels and have to find my way to the ship again. is this correct or am I stuck? It gets tedious doing the same thing over and over.

thanks
Ensign
# 5
02-02-2013, 02:43 AM
ok, just saw another thread about this bug
Captain
# 6
02-02-2013, 03:32 AM
Those tunnels reminded me greatly of trudging through Nar Shaddaa's sewers! Great memories were brought back to me that day!

I successfully completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE.
My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, ISS Queen Elizabeth, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord

Click here to view my DeviantArt.
Ensign
# 7
02-02-2013, 05:32 AM
my kdf seems stuck in a loop as well , did the full mish same as my starfleet captain ,but after im done and leave the system mission does not update, have to redo the mission from where me and the crew have to release the ship.
Captain
# 8
02-02-2013, 02:41 PM
Strange. I never had any problems at all. The mission worked perfectly well the entire way through.

I successfully completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE.
My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, ISS Queen Elizabeth, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord

Click here to view my DeviantArt.
Captain
# 9
02-02-2013, 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lindaleff View Post
Strange. I never had any problems at all. The mission worked perfectly well the entire way through.
Same here. I guess we're just lucky.
"It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid."
-- Q
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-03-2013, 05:29 AM
I just noticed something:

In the end of the mission the timeship only beams the alternative you off the Enterprise-C, saying that they can't risk you effecting the timeline, BUT there is another individual from that alternate 2409 on the Enterprise who seems to make the trip back to Narendra III in the past as the captain of the timeship leaves her on board the Ambassador-class starship:

T'Nae.

Just imagine the possible consequences