Captain
# 1 Free Zen????
02-02-2013, 03:38 PM
Ok so the surveys = disqualified by saying Im white..... (Caucasian)

credit card applied.. no zen delivered

car insurance spam received!! But no Zen

are they all just scams and illegal disqualifies?

kinda peeved that my time is wasted in this manner..

WTF
Career Officer
# 2
02-02-2013, 03:55 PM
Always assumed it's a scam or more harm than good in any case. Why would a company give away in game currency in exchange for trivial information?
Kirk's Protege - 19/11/2012
Kirk's Protege Jr - 30/05/2014
[1/5 5:35] Vessel Two of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 964780 (1581938) Kinetic Damage(Critical) to you with Plasma Energy Bolt Explosion.
Captain
# 3
02-02-2013, 04:01 PM
I've received quite a bit of Zen in the past by completing surveys and free offers. But only through SponcerPay! Ignore PeanutLabs offers at all costs! Just refresh the "Earn Zen" page until you see the SponcerPay logo!

90% of SponcerPay's surveys etc work and pay out Zen... I've yet to receive any Zen from the ones that PeanutLabs offer and personally think they are scam merchants!
Commander
# 4
02-02-2013, 04:55 PM
It says clearly in the credit card offers: ZEN only paid out for approved applications.

As for the survey offers...unless you know the precise data that the particular provider that PL was contracted to do the survey for, who knows what reason you were disqualified for? The marketing people that run surveys are specifically looking for specific demographics. Nothing illegal to it...if you don't fit what they're looking for (and of course, such is not disclosed), then you won't qualify for the survey.

Insurance offers...if you're not actually interested in receiving an insurance quote, they won't pay out. Simple as that. Keep in mind, too, it's a quote, not an obligation to buy.
Lagging, D/Cing, or rubberbanding? Here's some help.

Current ships: A lot. RTR 15 National Championships....and counting
Lieutenant
# 5
02-02-2013, 05:24 PM
Honestly, the chances of getting approved to take part in those surveys is so low, you're better off just grinding Dil for the Zen. Plus, the downloads the partners offer have a very large chance of installing spyware on your computer, and ultimately, the low payouts don't even make it worth the trouble of doing any of the 'earn ZEN' offers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by philosophere
How much is enough to stop this incessent whinning?

At this rate there is going to be a severe cheese shortage.
Captain
# 6
02-02-2013, 06:11 PM
I suppose it's down to a matter of luck or giving bogus info, but I often get to complete the surveys and get my Zen. Most of my C-store purchases were funded in this fashion.

Some surveys ask if you or your relative work in XYZ industries - they actually want to ELIMINATE those from the survey e.g. for an alcohol consumption survey they prefer not to hear from those working in bottle shops or marketing. Occasionally, it does pay to go contrary to their system.

Game features I'd like to see improved / expanded: Better Ship Interiors // BOff Costume Slots
Starfleet Veteran
# 7
02-02-2013, 06:58 PM
I've never been able to qualify for these either. I believe it's just a scam to get your address and add you to spam lists...
Lieutenant
# 8
02-14-2013, 04:06 AM
I just started doing this and it's worked for me thus far. Except for one... but I think that's because it opened in a new window... but I'm tracking it down.
Career Officer
# 9
02-15-2013, 03:21 PM
I work in Marketing and i cant tell u that filling in a survey that ask for your number will be resold to company's like the one i work for, so if u are called over and over again for things and want to know know where they got your info that's where.

just a friendly warning.
Career Officer
# 10
02-15-2013, 03:38 PM
I've been doing the survey since September of 2012...

I've gotten well over 10,000 zen by doing them.

I've bought costumes, character slots, services, master keys, ships (completely funded the Vesta triple pack)... all form doing surveys.

I've done both Peanut Labs and SponsorPay, and they are about the same.

My only advice with doing the survey is to be patient, and be persistent. they do payout.