Starfleet Veteran
# 21
02-02-2013, 03:20 PM
I checked out the site, both the main one and a few of the Duty Stations sites. Looks interesting.

I might try creating a character, and I'd definitely try for Starbase Horizon if I did. I won't bring in any of my STO Characters, though--while they will exist, they're busy having adventures in the Alpha and Beta Quadrants.

Instead, if I do join, I'd create a brand new character--most likely a Fighter Pilot testing out a new, experimental fighter design--the Messiah-Class Starfighter (heavily inspired by the VF-25 Messiah from Macross Frontier).

I'm still thinking about it, though--and I'll post here first if I do decide to join.
Originally KiraYamato before the Account Linking - True Join Date August 2008

"In the game of war, there are no clear rules you can follow." - Andrew Waltfeld
Ensign
# 22
02-02-2013, 06:51 PM
Quote:
I checked out the site, both the main one and a few of the Duty Stations sites. Looks interesting.

I might try creating a character, and I'd definitely try for Starbase Horizon if I did. I won't bring in any of my STO Characters, though--while they will exist, they're busy having adventures in the Alpha and Beta Quadrants.

Instead, if I do join, I'd create a brand new character--most likely a Fighter Pilot testing out a new, experimental fighter design--the Messiah-Class Starfighter (heavily inspired by the VF-25 Messiah from Macross Frontier).

I'm still thinking about it, though--and I'll post here first if I do decide to join.

Well if you do I hope to walk with your character through the corridors of Horizon. Great group of people and we just ended our current plotline. Also, keep in mind that Star Trek Borderlands and STO have nothing in common what so ever. Both are different games with different playing styles.

It's nice to see you guys coming up with stuff too. Just keep in mind that not everything gets the green light and it all comes down to the chain of command. They have the real say on what is created and what not. At least to my understanding.
Starfleet Veteran
# 23
02-02-2013, 07:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vancious23 View Post
Well if you do I hope to walk with your character through the corridors of Horizon. Great group of people and we just ended our current plotline. Also, keep in mind that Star Trek Borderlands and STO have nothing in common what so ever. Both are different games with different playing styles.

It's nice to see you guys coming up with stuff too. Just keep in mind that not everything gets the green light and it all comes down to the chain of command. They have the real say on what is created and what not. At least to my understanding.
I know they have nothing in common, but if I do join Borderlands, I'd at least have it so that they're in the same continuity, which is why I wouldn't use my STO Characters.

Like I said, though, I'm still thinking about it, and I'll let you know here first if I do decide to join. Also, how does the application process work? Do I apply on the main Borderlands Site first and then go apply on the Horizon Site? Do I simply apply on the Borderlands Site and request to join Horizon in my Comments? Or do I just apply on the Horizon Site?

If I decide to join, I'll need to know how to join.

"In the game of war, there are no clear rules you can follow." - Andrew Waltfeld

Last edited by takeshi6; 02-02-2013 at 07:55 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 24
02-03-2013, 12:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by takeshi6 View Post
I know they have nothing in common, but if I do join Borderlands, I'd at least have it so that they're in the same continuity, which is why I wouldn't use my STO Characters.

Like I said, though, I'm still thinking about it, and I'll let you know here first if I do decide to join. Also, how does the application process work? Do I apply on the main Borderlands Site first and then go apply on the Horizon Site? Do I simply apply on the Borderlands Site and request to join Horizon in my Comments? Or do I just apply on the Horizon Site?

If I decide to join, I'll need to know how to join.
Actually, there is a chance I might treat Borderlands as a separate continuity from STO, and thus use an AU version of one of my characters.

How likely this is would depend on the answer to a single question:

Does the galactic timeline in Borderlands include the destruction of Romulus in 2387, and if it does, how badly was the Romulan Empire hit by the destruction of their homeworld?

Ensign
# 25
02-03-2013, 05:49 PM
When I joined a few years ago I was on the main site and applied there, but if you're willing to join Horizon you should probably do it on Horizon's site or request it.

As to the timeline, I believe so. Some of the more experienced players that have been around since the beginning would have the answer to that. After all, Borderlands has been around since 1993.
Starfleet Veteran
# 26
02-03-2013, 06:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vancious23 View Post
When I joined a few years ago I was on the main site and applied there, but if you're willing to join Horizon you should probably do it on Horizon's site or request it.

As to the timeline, I believe so. Some of the more experienced players that have been around since the beginning would have the answer to that. After all, Borderlands has been around since 1993.
Thanks. I'll probably make my application on the Horizon Site, if I decide to join.

And thanks for the info, as well. I'd like to know for sure before I even plan my character, AU or not, so if you could ask some of those more experienced players for me and either PM me the answer or post it here, I'd appreciate it. I'd also like to know what the status of relations between the Federation and the Klingon Empire is in Borderlands--since the Feds and Klingons are at war in STO, the state of their relations in Borderlands is actually the biggest determining factor as to whether I would go AU or not.

Commander
# 27
02-04-2013, 04:04 AM
I received my acceptance today, so I'll be joining the DFA Cromwell-B as an engineer sometime over the next week or so

I've asked the Captain about introducing the Personal Transporter Buffer as a personal project, and we'll see what he says.
Starfleet Veteran
# 28
02-04-2013, 10:40 AM
Just realized that there's some more info I need.

The "Station Specifications" Page on the Horizon site mentions several different fighter types. Can I have some stat pages for each of these fighters, and maybe an image of what each one looks like? I'd like to know what the existing fighters are capable of before I decide whether to make a special prototype for my character to pilot or not. (If I do make such a special prototype, it will be based either on the VF-25 Messiah from Macross Frontier [including Transformation abilities and Equipment Packs] or the F/A-18E Super Hornet)

And I am definitely considering joining, and doing so with an AU version of my STO Main, Takeshi Yamato (Because I'm sort of under the impression that the Starfleet of Borderlands is still allied with the Klingons, and STO has the two groups at war).

Last edited by takeshi6; 02-04-2013 at 10:59 AM.
Ensign
# 29
02-22-2013, 11:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by takeshi6 View Post
Just realized that there's some more info I need.

The "Station Specifications" Page on the Horizon site mentions several different fighter types. Can I have some stat pages for each of these fighters, and maybe an image of what each one looks like? I'd like to know what the existing fighters are capable of before I decide whether to make a special prototype for my character to pilot or not. (If I do make such a special prototype, it will be based either on the VF-25 Messiah from Macross Frontier [including Transformation abilities and Equipment Packs] or the F/A-18E Super Hornet)

And I am definitely considering joining, and doing so with an AU version of my STO Main, Takeshi Yamato (Because I'm sort of under the impression that the Starfleet of Borderlands is still allied with the Klingons, and STO has the two groups at war).
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/starba...unt=20&dir=asc

That link is the picture of the Valkyrie fighter.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/starba...unt=20&dir=asc

And that one is the Banzai.

If you can't see or get to those link's I will do my best to provide you some pics. As to the specs of them there's only one and that's for the Banzai. All I can do is download it so I can't give you the link.

As to the Klingon-Federation deal, since all the DS's are located in the DQ I'm pretty sure there is an alliance in AQ and BQ. All I really know is that since Borderlands has been around since the early 90's we don't really follow STO.

Hope that info helps at all. Keep up with the questions ladies and gents and spread the word. We're always looking for awesome writers and players.
Ensign
# 30
02-22-2013, 11:14 AM
I believe that there's a chance you won't be able to see the links if you aren't part of the group which is a sad face situation. Hmm....

This should work:

http://search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=...yrie%20fighter

And here's the Banzai pic:

http://search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=...fr=yfp-t-900-s

That should do it.