Career Officer
# 71
02-02-2013, 08:32 PM
Thanks to everyone who showed up today and to our hosts from The Trust for putting this on.
Ensign
# 72
02-02-2013, 10:21 PM
Thank you so much for putting this on, it was wonderful seeing so many people show up and give their feedback and ideas. I really hope to see what comes of this and it happen again.

I'm very impressed in the fact that the RP community has received this attention. Thank you so very much!
Starfleet Veteran
# 73
02-04-2013, 11:35 AM
Thanks again to The Trust, for putting this together. I was wondering if there had been any feedback yet from the Cryptic staff on the meeting's minutes?
Vice Admiral Corris Sprint (@sprint01)
Commanding Officer - 26th Fleet [RP]
Star Trek: Praetorian Official Website
Career Officer
# 74
02-04-2013, 10:11 PM
I hope so, but as my fleet is fond of saying RL comes first, so I'm willing to give Cryptic all the time they need to read over the chat transcript and *mumbles* make an Aquarius-style interior for all decks like we talked about...

Just a thought! *hand hovers over his credit card*
Career Officer
# 75
02-05-2013, 01:59 PM
I'm sorry that I had to miss the roundtable discussions. I look forward to reading the logs.
STO Forum:
Where the Human Adventure is Just Beginning!

Exploring STO Since Pavement.
Admiral Quinn was never over ALL of Starfleet << Link
Give the Art Team time to fix the K't'inga << Link
Lieutenant
# 76
02-05-2013, 02:10 PM
Branflakes has been sent the logs and he will be making a post with a summary and comentary on the topics.

Thanks all for who attended again!
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 77
02-07-2013, 03:06 PM
Thank you to all who participated in the first Roundtable! It was an absolutely great turnout I've had a chance to read over the logs, and here are some of the takeaways that I'll be passing along to the team in a comprehensive report (NOTE: This is not a list of things that will/can happen, but what players would love to see happen):

Social Maps, Foundry Maps, and Ship Interiors

• Players would love to see more social maps that can be used for RP purposes
  • Players would love to be able to make their own social maps in the Foundry that allow for more than 5 players, including space maps
  • Players would love to be able to create private instances of existing maps so they can invite, expel, etc.
  • Players would love for these to be cross-factional
  • Players would love to be able to create a bridge map that has no NPCs, so players can play the NPCs
  • Players would love to be able to toggle between Yellow and Red Alert while on a bridge social map (e.g. including smoke, shaking, etc.)
  • Players would love to see an expansion to the Starbase and Embassy interiors (e.g. more rooms, shuttlebay, useable holodeck etc.)

Uninvited Guests

• Players would love to be able to ignore someone, but that person's avatar is also invisible

Emotes

• Players would love to have access to more emotes, including those available in the Foundry
  • Players would love to be able to use other emotes while remaining stetted [if they make sense (e.g. thinking, laughing, pointing)]
  • Players would love to see chair tech added to all chairs
  • Players would love to have a swimming emote

Costumes and Avatars

• Players would love more costume options (e.g. bare foot, swim wear, robes, trousers, etc.)
  • Players would love to be able to have more hair styles, etc.
  • Players would love more holo-costumes that could be used for PR purposes, or to be able to temporarily change race/shape for the RP exercise
  • Players would love to be able to designate a uniform that their crew wears on ship interiors

Miscellaneous

• Players would love to have independent chat windows (i.e. the option to actually drag and drop the different windows out from each other)
  • Players would love to have more minigames to play socially
  • Players would love to be able to customize the look of weapons
  • Players would love to be able to create subdivisions within fleets (e.g. squadrons)

As you can tell, there were some great discussions that took place. If you were not able to attend, please feel free to reply to this thread with additional comments, including discussion on any of the above items or anything missing that you'd like to add.

We'll be announcing a second RP Roundtable soon, and we plan to have it towards the end of this month or the beginning of next.

Again, thanks to all who made it out to participate in the Roundtable and to the Trust for their awesome guest blog.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Captain
# 78
02-07-2013, 03:28 PM
For those who were not able to be at the meeting, here is the expansion of what I myself put forward:

I was thinking maybe the holodecks could also be used for starting Foundry missions, maybe not all the missions, but the missions that would work best in such a setting.

And for the trousers, my thoughts were something similar to Jupiter made available to KDF. Since the default trousers are skin-tight, and the Korath is Zen only, and therefore character bound.

Kahless, Worf, and some of the guards wear robes, so I know it is possible for KDF to wear them. In addition, the gaurds wea them with the Veteran pauldrons, so such an option may please many of the Lifetime Vets.

The Mercenary Set would fit many KDF players perfectly, so making that cross-faction would encourage more and more people to use it. The current list of Zen Store stuff for KFD only consists of the Academy Uniform, and the EV suit, so the Mercenary Set would also liven up that page a bit.

The Roundtable meeting was indeed great fun! And Risa was the perfect location for it, seeing as how that beautiful planet often goes unused and wasted. Much thanks to Trust, and the other participates.

I successfully completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE.
My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, ISS Queen Elizabeth, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord

Click here to view my DeviantArt.

Last edited by lindaleff; 02-07-2013 at 03:28 PM. Reason: English?
Lt. Commander
# 79
02-07-2013, 04:02 PM
Console Emotes so when Rp on ship or station they can do more than just stand there and pretend.
This could just be a clickie but typeing shouldnt be to hard.

Could we get rid of the Klingons in the Bar on Bajor I feel that moment has passed and it has all clickie chair in there where as Quarks has none.
Career Officer
# 80
02-07-2013, 10:39 PM
Definitely a "Typing at console" emote so we don't look stupid during RP when we need to interact with a console outside of story missions. It's already in the game as an action. Just make it an emote or an interact on consoles by click. Only by click though so we don't accidentally activate it with the interact key. I can't stress this enough.

Aliens. Aliens need to be truly customizable. That means they should allow for choosing ANY AND ALL racial "parts" you have unlocked on your account, including race specific clothes like Orion dancer clothes or Borg skin/bodysuit. For example: Gorn head with a Felinoid tail should be allowed for the Alien race, because face it, somebody could be crazy enough to come up with that kind of race.
Proud Pre-Launch CO and Pre-Launch STO Lifetime Subscriber.

Last edited by bron; 02-07-2013 at 10:42 PM.