09-28-2012, 11:13 AM
Grats! Unfortunately I don't have a KDF toon
Career Officer
# 12
09-28-2012, 02:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorbane View Post
Grats! Unfortunately I don't have a KDF toon
Thanks. I like my KDF character. If you get a chance you should try them out.
If you would like a detailed review of your mission please visit my forum posting "In depth mission reports upon request" for details.
Career Officer
# 13 Mission development update
12-19-2012, 08:56 AM
My new mission tentatively titled "Of War and Wanting" development is continuing. I have been working on it as real world work and my in depth mission reviews permit.

Here is the draft description for this mission:
While cataloging one of countless star systems you come across a planet that has ancient ruins scattered across its surface. It appears as if the planet had a modern culture and then suddenly vanished several thousand years ago. What starts out as an anthropological investigation becomes a centuries old conflict as past rivals bid for power and control of their once thriving planet.

I am not sure when it will be ready but I will keep you posted.
Brian
If you would like a detailed review of your mission please visit my forum posting "In depth mission reports upon request" for details.
Career Officer
# 14
12-28-2012, 10:27 AM
Evil70th's consolidated missions listing:

---------------------------------------------------------

Mission Title: Contamination
Author: Evil70th
Project ID: ST-HOM98JB5K
Allegiance: Federation
Level: 16+
Description: The Federation Science Directorate has a rogue scientist on its hands. Doctor Klausen, of the Gavin IV Anthropological Study, has apparently decided to interfere in the pre-warp culture on the planet and must be stopped.

Admiral Quinn has recommended you to help Doctor Joanne Marbles, Director of Anthropology, Federation Science Directorate, to help resolve this incident. Please report to the conference room ESD for a briefing. Will you help the Federation?

Authors Notes: This mission is heavy on story Dialogue with a "Skip Dialogue and Provide Summary" option that gives you a summary of the information needed to proceed.

There is one task based ground combat on the last map and several optional ground combat on all other maps. There are ways to avoid the optional combat, and engaging in the optional combat is not recommended. Doing so will only add time to the overall length of the mission.

Estimated length:
60 - 90 minutes with full Dialogue.
30 - 45 with "Skip Dialogue" option.

Mission Title: Betrayal of the Empire (Part 1)
Project ID: ST-HKCA3C2PH
Allegiance: Klingon
Description: Your old friend Worf needs to speak with you immediately.

He believes there may be a link to a high ranking councilman in the High Council and the Romulans. Worf needs your help in uncovering the truth of a threat that could shake the Empire to its core.

You owe him your life. Will you help your old friend?

Authors Notes: This mission is part one of two.
Estimated time:
About 35 minutes with full dialogue and combat.
About 17 minutes with use of "Skip Dialogue" feature and combat.

Mission Title: Betrayal of the Empire (Part 2)
Project ID: ST-HFBGX74XY
Description: In part one you heard from your old friend Worf who asked you to help uncover a possible threat to the Empire that may involve a high ranking member of the High Council. Now that mission continues. Will you help uncover the threat to the Empire?

Authors Notes: This mission is part two of two. You should play part one first to enjoy the story more.

Estimated time:
About 30 minutes with full dialogue and combat.
About 15 minutes with use of "Skip Dialogue" feature and combat.

Hope you enjoy these missions and I look forward to your comments.
Thanks
Brian
Career Officer
# 15
01-18-2013, 11:21 AM

Description: The Federation Science Directorate has a rogue scientist on its hands. Doctor Klausen, of the Gavin IV Anthropological Study, has apparently decided to interfere in the pre-warp culture on the planet and must be stopped.

Admiral Quinn has recommended you to help Doctor Joanne Marbles, Director of Anthropology, Federation Science Directorate, to help resolve this incident. Please report to the conference room ESD for a briefing. Will you help the Federation?

Authors Notes: This mission is heavy on story Dialogue with a "Skip Dialogue and Provide Summary" option that gives you a summary of the information needed to proceed.

There is one task based ground combat on the last map and several optional ground combat on all other maps. There are ways to avoid the optional combat, and engaging in the optional combat is not recommended. Doing so will only add time to the overall length of the mission.

Estimated length:

Foundry Featured Mission!

He believes there may be a link to a high ranking councilman in the High Council and the Romulans. Worf needs your help in uncovering the truth of a threat that could shake the Empire to its core.

Estimated time:

Description: In part one you heard from your old friend Worf who asked you to help uncover a possible threat to the Empire that may involve a high ranking member of the High Council. Now that mission continues. Will you help uncover the threat to the Empire?

Authors Notes: This mission is part two of two. You should play part one first to enjoy the story more.

Estimated time:

Thanks
Brian
Career Officer
# 16
02-03-2013, 01:33 AM
Just played contamination! Fun mission. Great maps especially! It's something I hope to be able to do one day.

Only thing I didn't like about it was how my captain seemed to know a lot about Earth. In game he's a random alien I made that I thought looked nice. Doubt he'd know much about Earth history or lingo.

Also in the ...alien base...when you're scanning the bottom of the room I was using a Klingon tricorder
Same when detonating the armoy

Check out my Foundry missions:
Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
The Defenders - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - [WIP] Commander Rihan
Career Officer
# 17
02-03-2013, 09:14 AM
Quote:
Just played contamination! Fun mission. Great maps especially! It's something I hope to be able to do one day.
Thanks. I appreciate the compliment and comments. Most of what I learned is from Starbase UGC and playing other folks missions. I enjoy figuring out how to make things happen and how to build the maps.

Quote:
Only thing I didn't like about it was how my captain seemed to know a lot about Earth. In game he's a random alien I made that I thought looked nice. Doubt he'd know much about Earth history or lingo.
This is an interesting point and I am glad you brought it up. I've seen similar comments on many missions, and as an author it is a little frustrating. First, I think the assumption that an alien player would not be familiar with Earth history or lingo is not necessarily a given. Perhaps that character is like Picard and loves history, or language, or cultural aspects of other races. In my authoring of a mission I try to treat the player's character as an intelligent and well rounded Captain. I understand player immersion in a character but an author cannot possibly write a story with dialogue that will address every alien race or speaking style.

That brings me to my second point. I feel if an author writes a mission that the player's dialogue is so generic that it could apply to any alien race it would quite frankly be boring. When I write a mission I want the player to become immersed in the story. In my Klingon mission I wrote the story with the player threatening an Orion NPC using a derogatory remark towards the Orion. The comment I got was "My character is Orion and I felt weird using the insult on a fellow Orion". I actually changed the dialogue slightly to remove the language. Another in game comment I received for the Contamination mission was "My character is a Vulcan and would never use contractions". My actual audio response when I read it was "Really".

I think in the end every author must decide how to write their stories. I chose to draw the player in and try to make them an integral part of the story. That is my style, but I am always open to feedback and suggestions on how to improve my authoring.

Quote:
Also in the ...alien base...when you're scanning the bottom of the room I was using a Klingon tricorder
Same when detonating the armoy
Wow! Great catch! I went in this morning and looked at the tricorder types that are in that mission. It never occurred to me that the two "Tricorder Scan" animations were for different factions. I have updated those animations and updated the mission in the game. For other authors out there, if you did not know this already, the first "Tricorder Scan" animation is Federation, and the second one is Klingon.

Thanks Zorbane for all of the feedback. I appreciate it
Brian

Last edited by evil70th; 02-03-2013 at 09:16 AM.
Career Officer
# 18 Updated - Contamination
02-03-2013, 03:49 PM

Estimated length:

A player's in game comment said "I definitely enjoyed the option to avoid conflict". He also said "I kind of wish we could have come up with a way to avoid the only conflict". This struck me as a good point. I give the player the option to avoid combat throughout, except at the end. So I have decided to rework the last combat to make it optional as well. The mission has been updated with the option to avoid the final combat.

Enjoy the updated mission.
Brian
Career Officer
# 19
05-10-2013, 08:02 AM

Estimated length:

Estimated time:

Estimated time:

In addition to these missions I am currently working on a new mission tentatively called "Of War and Wanting". Of course I have been working on this mission in between work and my mission reviews but I hope to release it soon.

Thanks
Brian
Career Officer
# 20 Mission Bump
06-28-2013, 10:42 PM

Estimated length:

Estimated time:

Estimated time:

With my real world job I have been working really long hours pretty much every day. This of course limits the time I can spend doing mission reviews and the amount of time I have to work on my own missions. Since the Foundry reopened I have been working on this mission in between work and my mission reviews but again I hope to release it soon.

Thanks
Brian