Ensign
# 11
02-01-2013, 03:41 PM
Great mission... You should use this as a template for future episodes... Felt like I was playing an episode of star trek!!!
Starfleet Veteran
# 12
02-01-2013, 04:15 PM
I agree, i really liked this mission, the voice acting, the Star Trek feeling, the wisdom of the Elder Tribble ... i hope we will have more episodes like this one in the future
In every time,
in every place,
the deeds of men
remain the same...
Career Officer
# 13
02-01-2013, 06:41 PM
Even without Denise Crosby's vocal part (or even without any canon characters at all), this would have been one of the best episodes in the game.
Commander
# 14
02-01-2013, 06:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycoticvulcan View Post
Only question: does my character remember the events of the mission, or were his memories of the new timeline wiped clean by the 29th century Starfleet? It seemed kind of ambiguous.
I guess the memory was wiped clean. Hence the scanning of the anomaly at the end. One minute something was there, then it wasn't. Just like at the end of the TNG episode "Yesterdays Enterprise".

Totally awesome mission! More like this would make the future of STO totally EPIC! Loved it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyolejonnyboy View Post
Felt like I was playing an episode of star trek!!!
I couldn't agree more!

Last edited by c0nd1t10nr3d; 02-01-2013 at 07:06 PM.
Ensign
# 15
02-02-2013, 10:38 PM
I have to dissent here; it's this episode that really finalized my decision to walk away from the game.

You get the actual actress of a fondly-regarded character and waste her on this? I'm not exactly thrilled to be complicit in sending one of my favorite characters to her demise. It's even stated in the dialogue that her death was meaningless -- but as usual with Star Trek, there's this smug insistence that this is the best possible universe, because heaven forfend anything be mended...even in a game where it would be easy to handwave it.

I liked 'Yesterday's Enterprise' back in the day, because there was always that hope against hope that Tasha might pull through after all and, someday, meet up again with the Enterprise-D and its crew. It was a bit of hope that a character very poorly treated -- outright wasted -- by a poor writing team, in one of the outright worst episodes of the entire franchise, might be able to pull off a sort of roundabout return. Of course, later episodes ruined that (another off-putting factor), but seriously? Don't ask me to become a part of something like that. It was a depressing mission that wasn't even long or involved enough to be immersive. And it seemed much the opposite in fact, with my character presumably not recognizing that something was wrong or even remembering later. That takes me right out of any immersion with a character.

In this attempt at continuing the Star Trek universe, it seems like STO delights in nothing quite so much as depressing once-fans with stories and shock moves of questionable taste.

So goodbye. I'd rather not have every new mission be an exercise in disappointment and what appears to be a sadistic creative team.
Career Officer
# 16
02-03-2013, 02:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hushiforum View Post
I have to dissent here; it's this episode that really finalized my decision to walk away from the game.

You get the actual actress of a fondly-regarded character and waste her on this? I'm not exactly thrilled to be complicit in sending one of my favorite characters to her demise. It's even stated in the dialogue that her death was meaningless -- but as usual with Star Trek, there's this smug insistence that this is the best possible universe, because heaven forfend anything be mended...even in a game where it would be easy to handwave
So goodbye. I'd rather not have every new mission be an exercise in disappointment and what appears to be a sadistic creative team.
Lol u mad coz of a stowwy?

Well kthxbai, can i have all yr stuff?

Kidding aside, it extremely entitled of you to be displeased coz YOU were denied a neat runabout story, not everything can have a happy ending.

Thought the ep was a great addition to sto and a benchmark for future ep!

Hope cryptic can clear this bar for the season 8 FEs!