Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Closed Thread

Empire Veteran
# 31
02-02-2013, 06:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkofthenorth View Post
Of the many reasons for the KDF/Fed war the greatest and most ignored is the simple fact that the Federation essentially spat on the Khittomer Accords when the Empire requested aid in their war with the Gorn when they had evidence of Undine infiltration. The Federation ignored that evidence and assumed that the High Council was jumping at shadows as they did before the Dominion War with the fight with Cardassia.

The Federation has made no effort, no gesture whatsoever to correct this and now it is much too late. In the eyes of the Empire those that lead the Federation are honorless, holding no value or respect in the alliances they make..
All of this os true. The KDF took action and was rebuked by the Undine infiltrated feds. The KDF decided to take the "standard fed" approach of "doing for the good of the galaxy" anyways. The game needs to focus on the feds being infiltrated and have the KDF as the rough but take-action hero against the Undine.

It would make for some great KDF flavored STFs.
Roy Hatch (stryker) soldier, friend, and good man.
1945-2014
RIP
Captain
# 32
02-02-2013, 06:54 PM
The way it currently is, they might as well make peace. As other have mentioned, there is no war going on as it is. Feds and Klings zipping through each others space with DI/RP, fighting every threat out there together, helping the Romulans, using the same chat, same auction houses etc...

Let them make peace, but keep the location restrictions as they currently are, so that ESD doesn't get overrun with KDF characters and vice versa.
Empire Veteran
# 33
02-02-2013, 07:10 PM
There is no war because like they did the KDF the Devs ignored thier own backstory containing the why of the war to pander to the feds almost exclusively and now they have dug a hole for themselves storywise that they have basicaly sold out the KDF to satisfy fed ideas of peace without giving any reason or any acknowledgment of how the fedeeation has a big part in the war even existing.
1945-2014
RIP
Captain
# 34
02-02-2013, 08:39 PM
A full peace treaty might be too much, but I could see a strained cease-fire happening. The two sides would create a military alliance against the Iconian threat, pushing out the Borg and the Undine in the meantime.
"It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid."
-- Q
Empire Veteran
# 35
02-02-2013, 08:55 PM
Why not have it be like they aren't at war but there's groups of feds like the maquis and klinks have their own "rebels" that way both sides might be happy. In fact that could explain Fed vs Fed pvp and KDF vs KDF pvp.

Last edited by westx211; 02-02-2013 at 09:02 PM.
Empire Veteran
# 36
02-02-2013, 09:07 PM
Why not incorporate a storyline that takes the fed player from untrusting & unknowing novice to endgame where he/she has learned the truth about the Undine plot and decides as the hero individual to work with the KDF?

Read the Path to 2409. You will see between the lines that the federatoon is acting from puppet string arrogance and the KDF is acting from thier own arrogance as well.
Unfortunately the game gives none of this to the player in the missions one plays, at all.

We need that rise from low to high instead of an imppossed peace just becuase the playerbase sees no need for a war at endgame where a story that reveals the subversion the factions have suffered is shown to them.
1945-2014
RIP
Republic Veteran
# 37
02-02-2013, 10:06 PM
if there is a peace the only change i can see is FEDs and KDF able to walk about ESD or the First city without getting shot....no FEDs flying KDF ships.

Survivor of Romulus
# 38
02-03-2013, 02:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii View Post
if there is a peace the only change i can see is FEDs and KDF able to walk about ESD or the First city without getting shot....no FEDs flying KDF ships.
I'm not certain why, but I get the feeling that if this ever happens it will be the beginning of the end of STO, and I don't want to see that happen.
Show your support for the Revamped Galaxy Class Exploration Cruiser here!
Republic Veteran
# 39
02-03-2013, 04:43 AM
The first time the Khitomer Accords were broken was when a massive Klingon fleet attacked DS9. The Empire and Federation went to war over a difference of opinions on how to handle the Cardassians. Ironically, it was because they believed that the Changelings had infiltrated the Cardassian government when it was actually the KDF military that got infiltrated. How embarrassing that must have been. The Klingon-Federation War only ended with the coming of the Dominion. Now it seems that history is repeating itself. Shape shifters have infiltrated governments and has brought two powerful forces against each other. This war will end. It will end either by setting aside our differences once again to combat a mutual enemy, or allow that enemy to conquer each of us after we have weakened each other.

The choice is yours.

Will you stand by my side and join our blades against the Demons of Air and Darkness!!!
If you believe the sky is the limit, you are aiming too low. We must reach beyond the stars - Ambassador Otungku
Empire Veteran
# 40
02-03-2013, 06:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii View Post
No, peace will just be an acknowledgment for a copy-pasta job for the KDF. The faction will get Fed stuff but with red paint on the walls. Peace just means there will not be any KDF distinct content ever.

And anyway, most of the time, it's the Fed hardcore fanbase who is asking for peace. I just wish the KDF faction could tell them: no, leave us alone. If there's an official ceasefire or peace agreement it just means that the KDF is only a Fed subfaction for the devs.
Closed Thread