Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 403
# 131
01-31-2013, 01:14 PM
Maybe not.
I have a prediction too... Delayed lol
ATTENTION: UNDINE SPACE & TKON GROUND SETS ALL THE WAY DEVS!.. Q-TRIBBLE, MAYBE!?.. EJECT WARP CORE ABILITY LIKE LAYING A SUPER-MINE, HELL YES!!!.. SPACE HIPPIES FROM TOS PLAYING MUSIC IN OUR FLEET STARBASE, NO, JUST, NO... CAIT & RA'KHOLN ADVENTURE ZONE, YES

Ensign
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1
# 132 Broken Foundry?
02-01-2013, 01:32 PM
I think changing timid really broke a lot of missions out there. Either they need to add a complete passive mode, or kiss goodbye a lot of casual players who used to use the foundry to farm dilithium, or hell even some good players. The mission I enjoyed had a timid unit that was amusing just watching him walk around in the background, that the occasional shot now sets him off and well, hes a bit too much of a badass, and if you happen to kill him it kinda messes with the storyline. So please for the love of all that is good and holy fix this issue.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 129
# 133
02-02-2013, 05:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkseraphimw View Post
I think changing timid really broke a lot of missions out there...
I beg to differ.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,268
# 134
02-02-2013, 03:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkseraphimw View Post
I think changing timid really broke a lot of missions out there.
I agree. A proper "Passive" mode has a ton of uses for storytelling purposes - destroying a derelict ship, for example.
"It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid."
-- Q
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 87
# 135
02-03-2013, 05:43 AM
Have any of you run into this issue before. I've not done a foundry challenge yet but I have crafted some nice missions. (all but one since destroyed) I know there is a time limit on the mission, 30 minutes if I am correct. I have a notion that mine might be a tad longer but I am unwilling to cut parts out.

I've grown attached to this mission, putting, like many, a lot of thought into it. A lot of time too. My point is this, if I reach 40 to 45 minutes is it automatically disqualified? If it is I can't mind because I've done what I can without cutting entire pieces out.
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 403
# 136
02-03-2013, 07:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gammadelta2 View Post
Have any of you run into this issue before. I've not done a foundry challenge yet but I have crafted some nice missions. (all but one since destroyed) I know there is a time limit on the mission, 30 minutes if I am correct. I have a notion that mine might be a tad longer but I am unwilling to cut parts out.

I've grown attached to this mission, putting, like many, a lot of thought into it. A lot of time too. My point is this, if I reach 40 to 45 minutes is it automatically disqualified? If it is I can't mind because I've done what I can without cutting entire pieces out.
I think its 'about' that length, for you it may be 40mins, for me an hour, for another only 30mins.
What I usally do is either add the option for Long & Short dialogue/explanation and have extra information available via randomly placed consoles or NPC's with default Dialogue.

If need be, you can always re-add alot of stuff after the competition, I was going to with my last entry but I lost my notepad with extra bits to add... kinda frustrating
ATTENTION: UNDINE SPACE & TKON GROUND SETS ALL THE WAY DEVS!.. Q-TRIBBLE, MAYBE!?.. EJECT WARP CORE ABILITY LIKE LAYING A SUPER-MINE, HELL YES!!!.. SPACE HIPPIES FROM TOS PLAYING MUSIC IN OUR FLEET STARBASE, NO, JUST, NO... CAIT & RA'KHOLN ADVENTURE ZONE, YES

Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 87
# 137
02-03-2013, 08:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickysmith1 View Post
I think its 'about' that length, for you it may be 40mins, for me an hour, for another only 30mins.
What I usally do is either add the option for Long & Short dialogue/explanation and have extra information available via randomly placed consoles or NPC's with default Dialogue.

If need be, you can always re-add alot of stuff after the competition, I was going to with my last entry but I lost my notepad with extra bits to add... kinda frustrating
I suppose we don't have the ability to make the buttons have that green text indicating the continuation of the story.
Former PWE Community Team Lead
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 9,046
# 138
02-03-2013, 09:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gammadelta2 View Post
Have any of you run into this issue before. I've not done a foundry challenge yet but I have crafted some nice missions. (all but one since destroyed) I know there is a time limit on the mission, 30 minutes if I am correct. I have a notion that mine might be a tad longer but I am unwilling to cut parts out.

I've grown attached to this mission, putting, like many, a lot of thought into it. A lot of time too. My point is this, if I reach 40 to 45 minutes is it automatically disqualified? If it is I can't mind because I've done what I can without cutting entire pieces out.
No, you won't be. The request in the rules is around 30 minutes but no longer than 45. If its 46 min, you still won't be disqualified, but try and adhere to the time limit as close as you can

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 403
# 139
02-03-2013, 02:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gammadelta2 View Post
I suppose we don't have the ability to make the buttons have that green text indicating the continuation of the story.
I'm not sure to be honest, I have seen others do it on their maps and I have done it before but wether or not it works now... I will have to get back to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
No, you won't be. The request in the rules is around 30 minutes but no longer than 45. If its 46 min, you still won't be disqualified, but try and adhere to the time limit as close as you can
Told ya lol
ATTENTION: UNDINE SPACE & TKON GROUND SETS ALL THE WAY DEVS!.. Q-TRIBBLE, MAYBE!?.. EJECT WARP CORE ABILITY LIKE LAYING A SUPER-MINE, HELL YES!!!.. SPACE HIPPIES FROM TOS PLAYING MUSIC IN OUR FLEET STARBASE, NO, JUST, NO... CAIT & RA'KHOLN ADVENTURE ZONE, YES

Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,425
# 140
02-03-2013, 05:02 PM
Can we post the odd screenshot or two as a "spoiler?"

and.. what sounds cooler.. "The Nukara Prime Incident" or "Depths of Nukara Prime" ?
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:19 AM.