Captain
# 1 Your toons,..
02-03-2013, 10:08 AM
Has it ever happen to you that you get tired of your toons?

What do you do when it happens? I am really getting tired of how they look like?
:/ Any hinters? I try to change the "look" but I just never get the right look?
Its also their traits and ships that is getting to me. Wrong skills etc.

Last edited by thestargaze; 02-03-2013 at 10:34 AM.
Ensign
# 2
02-03-2013, 10:14 AM
I like what my Vulcan looks like. Just try to mess around the the physical appearance and see what comes up.
Career Officer
# 3
02-03-2013, 10:18 AM
If I ever get tired of how one looks, I just start another toon in another character slot. the customisation is enough though you can generally make most character species look presentable.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Neriz --- Eleven --- S'alesh --- Nizalay and maybe the odd Fed char too.
Defecting from the Federation to the Romulans from May 21st
Captain
# 4
02-03-2013, 10:25 AM
Qeng has been my faithful toon since Beta, as has Kotkhe and Krotar. I wouldn't change them for the world, though there have been some new additions to the family - Pasmut, Ares-apocrytha, Gilgamesh, Luke Skywalker, Darth Maul and Count Dooku
Captain
# 5
02-03-2013, 10:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drkfrontiers View Post
Luke Skywalker, Darth Maul and Count Dooku
I made Darth Maul when he first returned in TCW.
I've also been thinking of making Dooku.

Cryptic! Need some FREE KDF uniform options that you wont have to make? See Here.

JJ. Trek is just as canon and awesome as all other Trek, Get over it.
Captain
# 6
02-03-2013, 10:37 AM
How do I make a cardassian.. maybe that will pirk my interest again.

My problem is also that game seem to have terrible graphics.. I not sure what settings I should have?
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-03-2013, 10:43 AM
I kinda get what you mean. The only toon I'm yet to become tired of playing is my first one. Maybe because I have a "Special feeling" for him lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thestargaze View Post
How do I make a cardassian.. maybe that will pirk my interest again.

My problem is also that game seem to have terrible graphics.. I not sure what settings I should have?
I recently made a Cardassian. It's not really too hard... Try this: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh....php?p=1943676
Commander Donar Ratek. U.S.S. McKinley (@chokopop23)
PR. Guy - 26th Fleet [RP]
26th Fleet Recruitment Thread - 26th Fleet Homepage
26th fleet Praetorian Open Starbase.

Career Officer
# 8
02-03-2013, 10:44 AM
When I first started playing in November 2010, my first two characters were a Vulcan male and his first BOFF was an Andorian female. Those two didn't survive more than a few months, and I rolled a new alt who was my former Engineering Officer as their new Captain, and I have had them all since then (minus the Andorian).

The female first officer was a more recent addition though.

For Ship Charts and Videos - STARFISH1.CO.UK
Captain
# 9
02-03-2013, 01:46 PM
I'm incredibly pleased with how my captain turned out, so the only real change she's received since I made her was the addition of an eyepatch.

Her crew on the other hand, get's changed up a lot. It's good to have something or someone as a starting point, like an actor or another fictional character, failing that you could just mash "randomize" until you come up with something that doesn't look terrible and just go from there.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Captain
# 10
02-03-2013, 02:08 PM
My toon has stayed pretty much the same since I started, although I did tweak his uniform once to better emulate the ones depicted in the Star Trek: Countdown comic.

The only real changes to my BOffs are upgrading them from white to Purple or the addition of new junior officers.

Joint Dev/Community discussion on customizable and gameplay-relevant ship interiors:
Proposal Document // Feedback Thread