Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Gameplay
Login

Captain
# 11
02-03-2013, 11:34 AM
The problem is the T3 Ambassador as a reward, it's not worth getting at the level where you will have already encountered all of the characters, but at the level where it will be useful you won't have encountered a good portion of those characters yet. Lowering the level requirement for the arcs so that they can be started in any order might help, but the arcs would still have to retain their internal order otherwise things could get very confusing. The question then becomes whether the game mechanics could accommodate lower level players playing missions that previously required a higher level more skilled player. It seems kind of pointless to rearrange the entire game structure just to make one mission fit, it's far simpler to simply unlock the Temporal Ambassador mission at the commander level as a stand alone mission and leave everything else as it is. Yes you encounter unfamiliar characters sooner but you will recognize them later when you meet them in their proper order.
Survivor of Remus
# 12
02-03-2013, 11:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by admiral3nick View Post
Have ole Quinn give you a listing of possible postings and you get to choose which to be "stationed" in in which order.
That's quite good. The Klingon War is a very interesting storyline but I find the Romulan Mystery to be quite dull.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxvitor View Post
Lowering the level requirement for the arcs so that they can be started in any order might help, but the arcs would still have to retain their internal order otherwise things could get very confusing. The question then becomes whether the game mechanics could accommodate lower level players playing missions that previously required a higher level more skilled player.
The Featured Episodes have all had a lower level limit of about 6 (or is it 10) when they were released so the game mechanics can cope just fine. Take on level 5 Gorn then go fight some level 50 Gorn and see the difference.
- - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Everyone has a better name than me...