Lt. Commander
# 1 Cryptic should give up...
02-03-2013, 09:50 PM
After reading Peregrine Falcon's informative history on Cryptic and the Klingon Empire. It appears that in three years, Cryptic have been consistently lying and manipulating their player base. It is sad to see Star Trek used in this way, I've never been overly enthralled with the Klingon Empire so I never noticed before but I really feel for Klingon players due to what they have had to put up with from Cryptic.

Cryptic had made consistent mistakes on both the Federation and Klingon side and now they want to bring in a third faction as well? I think its about time they admitted that they just cannot cope with the scope of the project and give it over to somebody who can.

Unfortunately, I fear that things are only going to get worse when the lockboxes and ships are going to wear thin over the gaping lack of content. Why should Stahl and the rest of the team care about the monster they created? Not with people signing their paychecks each month with lock-boxes.

Last edited by warbird001; 02-03-2013 at 09:56 PM.
Captain
# 2
02-03-2013, 10:05 PM
I am waiting for May's update to see if Cryptic has completely screwed over the KDF faction. If they introduce a new playable faction and KDFs aren't at the level that Feds were at launch, then they have screwed up. It is possible to have two well designed factions in one major update, but considering their past, then it is not surprising that most people doubt that they can do it. Cryptic had a really short development time which initially screwed up the KDF faction. They should have just done the Federation faction, then introduce the KDF faction later instead of releasing the KDF faction as a PvP faction. Then there was the problem of Atari screwing over Cryptic since they obviously wanted to just sell Cryptic and not provide a decent budget. Even after PWE took over and hired a bunch of people, it takes time for employees to be properly trained and develop content. Hopefully, STO is done with all the idiocy that has hindered the development of this game.
Empire Veteran
# 3
02-03-2013, 10:05 PM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~BranFlakes

Last edited by pwebranflakes; 02-03-2013 at 10:10 PM.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-03-2013, 10:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkaos View Post
I am waiting for May's update to see if Cryptic has completely screwed over the KDF faction. If they introduce a new playable faction and KDFs aren't at the level that Feds were at launch, then they have screwed up. It is possible to have two well designed factions in one major update, but considering their past, then it is not surprising that most people doubt that they can do it. Cryptic had a really short development time which initially screwed up the KDF faction. They should have just done the Federation faction, then introduce the KDF faction later instead of releasing the KDF faction as a PvP faction. Then there was the problem of Atari screwing over Cryptic since they obviously wanted to just sell Cryptic and not provide a decent budget. Even after PWE took over and hired a bunch of people, it takes time for employees to be properly trained and develop content. Hopefully, STO is done with all the idiocy that has hindered the development of this game.
So how long are we supposed to sit here and hope while they milk us for money and add items into the game the unbalance PvP and have no need to be in the game in the first place. I would be happy to have another Year of Hell if it meant they would completely redesign the game from the ground up.
Empire Veteran
# 5
02-03-2013, 10:07 PM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~BranFlakes

Last edited by pwebranflakes; 02-03-2013 at 10:10 PM.
Career Officer
# 6
02-03-2013, 10:11 PM
:O I hope they dont give up, I bought a lifetime sub a couple of years ago. I expect to be able to play for many years to come still. Even if they started to create flying snowcones that shoot sillystring while playing frosty the snowman, I would stay. I have found friends on here that I wouldnt wanna see go. Our fleet is a good bunch of people, we are really a close-nit community. Im always glad to be recived by them. They are my main reason for being here, well that and getting to play as CatStar =^.^=

Lets say they did make flying snowcones....would that be the next breen ship giveaway? :3
Deviant Art-Youtube- =^.^=The Red Pill
The path I choose to resist ARC
How Picard dealt with ARC!
Captain
# 7
02-03-2013, 10:12 PM
Quote:
I think its about time they admitted that they just cannot cope with the scope of the project and give it over to somebody who can.
It's not that they can't, they choose not to. They're convinced that their survival depends on catering to the majority but they don't want to lose the minority players so they say they will do something, put in a half-hearted attempt (ya, I'm an optimist) then can't deliver so they re-promise something in the future.

Look at the anniversary mission, the KDF version is exactly the same as the Fed. They couldn't even swap out the ship (guess that would hose the tasha character appearance) without a major dialog re-write.

Season 8 better be spectacular. If not, theres always next year.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Contact support @ https://support.perfectworld.com/app/ask
to show your displeasure over the stealth mail attachment nerf
Empire Veteran
# 8
02-03-2013, 10:16 PM
Well forgive me for my earlier remark if you managed to read it before branflakes took it down but I have to say that cryptic is doing good.I mean seriously this game was free MMO of the year and I'm sure cryptic does their best so think about that next time you bad mouth them.
Career Officer
# 9
02-03-2013, 10:26 PM
Aw come on guys, its free. You didnt have to buy anything, they gave away some items for free. This should be a cool thing for people who cant afford to buy the other items. I know, meet me as ESD and ill buy you a drink to toast to the celebration ^^
Deviant Art-Youtube- =^.^=The Red Pill
The path I choose to resist ARC
How Picard dealt with ARC!
Captain
# 10
02-03-2013, 10:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmalak1 View Post
It's not that they can't, they choose not to. They're convinced that their survival depends on catering to the majority but they don't want to lose the minority players so they say they will do something, put in a half-hearted attempt (ya, I'm an optimist) then can't deliver so they re-promise something in the future.

Look at the anniversary mission, the KDF version is exactly the same as the Fed. They couldn't even swap out the ship (guess that would hose the tasha character appearance) without a major dialog re-write.

Season 8 better be spectacular. If not, theres always next year.
Indeed. Given the fragile state of affairs of the prime STO timeline and the volatile backstory presented in the Tholian timeline, I would have no reason to trust or take anything at face value as delivered by Yar, Drake, or Castillo. There would be no reason for me to stake my occupation and livelihood, temporally tampered or not, on the word of a few humans.
All cloaks should be canon.