Captain
# 32
02-01-2013, 01:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorandra View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiDVoHH9uM0
made this but I dont know if worthy.
Me likes promo!
Co-founder of The Spanish Inquisition TSI - Cause no one expects it!

PaxOttomana: gawd mirror event is like fighting a tsi premade, they keep comin and comin!
Career Officer
# 33
02-01-2013, 06:52 PM
I think we really need to test the current ruleset first. I'm afraid that keeping rep passives in could have a huge negative effect on the whole thing.
http://hilbertguide.com
Lieutenant
# 34
02-02-2013, 09:50 PM
TRH will be participating in this tournament =)
Ensign
# 35
02-03-2013, 06:08 PM
PvP-Boot-Camp Team will kill ya!
x - for participating
Captain
# 36
02-03-2013, 07:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom View Post
I think we really need to test the current ruleset first. I'm afraid that keeping rep passives in could have a huge negative effect on the whole thing.
good thing i have an extra sci lying around. i would just need to level him up to 50 (hes like 40 sumthin)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom View Post
Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
Science pvp at its best-http://www.youtube.com/user/matteo716
Do you even Science Bro?
Captain
# 37
02-03-2013, 11:50 PM
Hi! This is the Elite Defense Starfleet. We are mostly a PvE fleet, but we have recently started to take some interest in organized PvP. We liked the idea of this tournament, it seemed like a good opportunity to gain some valuable experience as well as insight into how to fight as a team. We will be fielding one team.

We went into couple queues with the tournament specifications, and one thing that caught my eyes was that without the borg 2 piece proc, plasma dots can do some serious damage. Especially EWP is very difficult to counter when u get stuck into it for a few seconds. Any thoughts on that?
Captain
# 38
02-04-2013, 02:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokersmith1 View Post
Hi! This is the Elite Defense Starfleet. We are mostly a PvE fleet, but we have recently started to take some interest in organized PvP. We liked the idea of this tournament, it seemed like a good opportunity to gain some valuable experience as well as insight into how to fight as a team. We will be fielding one team.

We went into couple queues with the tournament specifications, and one thing that caught my eyes was that without the borg 2 piece proc, plasma dots can do some serious damage. Especially EWP is very difficult to counter when u get stuck into it for a few seconds. Any thoughts on that?
Make sure you have a sci ship with 2 copies of haz... every ship should have there own copy... and make sure you are calling EWP when you see it on your TS/Vent... and if your the sci guy keep your eyes open for teammates that need a HZ... it will be important to time it... you don't want to double hz anyone if you can help it if there is ewp on the field.

One thing you will find with a classic rule set is team work becomes more important... with fewer cruches to compensate for poor heal work.
When the messenger comes to appropriate your profits ... kill the messenger.
Lt. Commander
# 39
02-04-2013, 03:32 AM
is the rep passives allowed? i didnt see it in the link :? sorry if it was already covered
Captain
# 40
02-04-2013, 03:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by emoejoe View Post
is the rep passives allowed? i didnt see it in the link :? sorry if it was already covered
In an ideal situation, then no the passives arent allowed. But as long as we cant remove them, we have to live with them and see how that fares. There isnt an off button for the rep passives unfortuantly. Hilbert will be making some tests to see how influent they can be.
Co-founder of The Spanish Inquisition TSI - Cause no one expects it!

PaxOttomana: gawd mirror event is like fighting a tsi premade, they keep comin and comin!