Captain
Ensign
# 3
02-02-2013, 11:15 PM
any of them
Starfleet Veteran
# 4
02-02-2013, 11:17 PM
Eagerly waiting for this thread to progress into ... something.
Federation Bushrangers
Federation & Imperial Bushrangers
Looking for an Australian/New Zealand fleet?
www.bushrangers.net
Captain
# 5
02-03-2013, 01:06 AM
*pokes thread*
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Captain
# 6
02-03-2013, 09:18 AM
Okay, I guess I'll start.

What do you guys think of the Reputation system? I think it's a bit grindy, but still manageable. And I love the little missions that get unlocked at each New Romulus tier.
Career Officer
# 7
02-03-2013, 09:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycoticvulcan View Post
Okay, I guess I'll start.

What do you guys think of the Reputation system? I think it's a bit grindy, but still manageable. And I love the little missions that get unlocked at each New Romulus tier.
Me personally, I'm not that fond of the system. On the Omega Rep system, I do like how the implemented getting the STF sets, but I feel like that has taken away from wanting to run the STFs. I've seen the STFs go from their original state with no rewards, to their original state with the Borg set as a reward, to their split parts with the MACO/Honor Guard and Omega requisition drops as rewards and a store system, to what they are now.

Of the four stages I've seen the STF system in, I'm the most fond of the full missions with the Borg set as a reward for completion and the previous system. Those two systems, to me, offered a means to play though the missions and presented a definate, prized reward as in the case of the former and a chance to obtain a prized reward as in the case of the latter. Now, I feel like there is no motivation in running the new STFs because of the extreme costs and constant grinding in the Omega Rep system.

In the Rommie Rep system, I find it's too much of a grind and too cost oriented for a casual player to contend with. There's only so many times I can go though and run the same thing before it gets so old I don't want to bother with it anymore. Again, in theory, the system was sound, but in practice, I find it's too much of a burden to contend with on a casual basis.
Career Officer
# 8
02-03-2013, 10:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captan2er0 View Post
Me personally, I'm not that fond of the system. On the Omega Rep system, I do like how the implemented getting the STF sets, but I feel like that has taken away from wanting to run the STFs. I've seen the STFs go from their original state with no rewards, to their original state with the Borg set as a reward, to their split parts with the MACO/Honor Guard and Omega requisition drops as rewards and a store system, to what they are now.

Of the four stages I've seen the STF system in, I'm the most fond of the full missions with the Borg set as a reward for completion and the previous system. Those two systems, to me, offered a means to play though the missions and presented a definate, prized reward as in the case of the former and a chance to obtain a prized reward as in the case of the latter. Now, I feel like there is no motivation in running the new STFs because of the extreme costs and constant grinding in the Omega Rep system.

In the Rommie Rep system, I find it's too much of a grind and too cost oriented for a casual player to contend with. There's only so many times I can go though and run the same thing before it gets so old I don't want to bother with it anymore. Again, in theory, the system was sound, but in practice, I find it's too much of a burden to contend with on a casual basis.
That sums it up for me quite well for the most part. Outside of the boring grind, the costs for the gear are just far too expensive. You have fleet prjects, embassy projects, and sink after sink for DL. The whole, pay for what you want is long beyond old. $20 upgrades for sets that have taken ninja nerfs in order to make the Lobi price upgrades seem more attractive isn't something that is making me want to play more or spend more money in this game!
Ensign
# 9
02-03-2013, 01:35 PM
i like the reputation system it lets you have any where access of the store and you can get the little,
i think buffs for each tier
Ensign
# 10
02-04-2013, 04:35 AM
ive enjoyed the rep system. it helps that im in a good fleet. however, i haven't flown through the rep system. im taking my time and getting to it when i can. fleet upgrades come first.