Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Closed Thread

Survivor of Romulus
# 41
02-03-2013, 08:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diogene0 View Post
No, peace will just be an acknowledgment for a copy-pasta job for the KDF. The faction will get Fed stuff but with red paint on the walls. Peace just means there will not be any KDF distinct content ever.

And anyway, most of the time, it's the Fed hardcore fanbase who is asking for peace. I just wish the KDF faction could tell them: no, leave us alone. If there's an official ceasefire or peace agreement it just means that the KDF is only a Fed subfaction for the devs.
^THIS!^
With these couple of sentences you pretty much nailed it. I agree 100%.

The Fed. "hardcore" fanbase that you speak of wants this only because they want to fly BoP or other KDF beasts as a Fed. At this moment I will refer to my own previous post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shpoks View Post
I'm not certain why, but I get the feeling that if this ever happens it will be the beginning of the end of STO, and I don't want to see that happen.
Career Officer
# 42
02-03-2013, 12:37 PM
It's been my experience from watching Next Gen and deep space 9, that even in times of peace, there were plenty of "misunderstandings" between the two factions that lead to the occasional conflict, (enough to entertain).
The peace was always tenuous at best.

There would always be rouge factions in both the KDF and Federation stirring up trouble to keep things interesting.

But when they have to, both factions band together, reluctantly.

I see no reason why this game couldn't be the same, at least open up more shared content to help level up Kdf characters, whilest still adding exclusive KDF content at the same time.

Even if there were peace, the KDF still would need to maintain their sovereignty and uniqueness, as they did in canonically.

Klingons, would never except anything less.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Schissler/Online Multiplayer Gaming View Post
(In regards to STO Delta Rising): "Where a fun casual game once sat proudly, a horrible grind fest now stands. All this expansion has made me want to do, is log in less."
Empire Veteran
# 43
02-03-2013, 12:58 PM
I wouldnt call them "rouge" elements considering the klingons are a completely different race and culture from humans. They do not see all things equally and have much differing definations of what is right and wrong.
Which is what it should be for two such differing cultures.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Survivor of Romulus
# 44
02-03-2013, 01:14 PM
They can sign all the peace treaties they wish. If they don't have my KDF characters' signatures, they're all just targets of (naive) opportunity to me.

edit: Come to think of it, my Andorian Fed "main" wouldn't really buy into it more than required by regulations, either. :p
I was someone else here til the forum/account transition lied
and told me that my original name was taken.

Last edited by qqqqii; 02-03-2013 at 01:19 PM.
Lt. Commander
# 45
02-03-2013, 10:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vengefuldjinn View Post
There would always be rouge factions in both the KDF and Federation stirring up trouble to keep things interesting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
I wouldnt call them "rouge" elements considering the klingons are a completely different race and culture from humans.
Since "rouge" is French for red, I'd call the entire Klingon faction a rouge element. However, if we're talking about rogue elements, then I agree there is the potential for a distinct Klingon faction with or without the war.

That being said, I agree with what one of the first responders said. There hasn't been a real WAR yet - why bring peace into the picture? I'm not a big PVPer, but if some of the balance issues were fixed, I'd like to see the war expanded to encompass true "war zones" (read: whole sectors, with territory changing hands).

Of course, the combat would need to be instanced, since Feds outnumber us several bazillion to one. Still, I'm sure that the right mechanics could be found to flesh out the war, which would give a whole new feel to the STO universe. We're not all pot-smoking, peace-loving Federation hippies, we're the damn KDF. The game should reflect that fact more than it currently does.
Captain
# 46
02-03-2013, 10:57 PM
I don't want to see peace between the feds and KDF. I know the devs want it because it will mean they don't have to make 2 sets of everything. This game is by design a very one-sided game but they did try to make it a 2 sided game for a while. IF they gave up and removed the conflict between the feds and KDF I don't see a reason to play anymore.

I just don't know why some would ask if it is a good idea. Why do baseball games have 2 teams playing each other when each team has 27 players, one team can play both sides as it only takes 9 each side.

Kinda pointless to play, right ?
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
Career Officer
# 47
02-03-2013, 11:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
I wouldnt call them "rouge" elements considering the klingons are a completely different race and culture from humans. They do not see all things equally and have much differing definations of what is right and wrong.
Which is what it should be for two such differing cultures.
I'm sorry, I wasn't being clear enough, I wasn't necessarily referring to "Klingons" as a race, being the rouge element I mentioned per se.

What I was trying to say, was even if there were a "cease fire" there would still be some level of hostilities between the two factions, because THERE ALWAYS HAS BEEN. They are as you point out, too different, too mistrusting of one another.

In Next Gen with the treaty in affect, in that episode that Riker was on an officer exchange with the Klingon officer, things very nearly lead to hostilities over mistrust, regardless of any treaty. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Matter_of_Honor

On Deep Space nine, at the start of the dominion war, again more hostilities, ( I'm referring to the episode where the Klingons attacked deep space nine, because the Federation wouldn't believe the Klingons that the founders had infiltrated Cardassia,)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Way_of_the_Warrior

My point is, cease fire or no, one should never expect a complete cessation of hostilities, even if they may fight along side one another against a common foe.

The relationship even as it was represented in the series, was precarious at best.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Schissler/Online Multiplayer Gaming View Post
(In regards to STO Delta Rising): "Where a fun casual game once sat proudly, a horrible grind fest now stands. All this expansion has made me want to do, is log in less."
Captain
# 48
02-04-2013, 04:48 AM
We fight or we die. No more options. They want peace? They can surrender! The feds just don't realise how much the galaxy hates them and how many problems THEY cause. Federation needs renamed to the Terran Empire or even Borg Collective to really account for their actions.

It's ironic how the Federation and Borg could be considered interchangeable.
KDF Future with Cryptic. Fact.

What Cryptic should consider before releasing anything.
Captain
# 49
02-04-2013, 06:48 AM
Depending on which mission you're replaying - there's already peace. To an extent, it's no different with the Cardassians or Romulans. If you're doing X, you're at peace with them. If you're doing Y, you're at war with them.

It's kind of a moot discussion because of the nature of the game.

That being said, even at times of peace - you didn't find the friendly sides flying their friends ships.

There's a vast difference between there being peace between the KDF and Federation...and the KDF joining the Federation.
Survivor of Romulus
# 50
02-04-2013, 07:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer View Post
Depending on which mission you're replaying - there's already peace. To an extent, it's no different with the Cardassians or Romulans. If you're doing X, you're at peace with them. If you're doing Y, you're at war with them.
[snap]
There's a vast difference between there being peace between the KDF and Federation...and the KDF joining the Federation.
There is certainly a difference between peace beween the KDF & Fed, and KDF joining the Fed.
At this point, one wonders why do players insist on peace? Is it that most of them are Feds. and have that peacekeeping attitude under their skin? Because if peace and joining the Fed. are different things, then what would a player od STO gain if there is peace declared between the factions? What will be the benefit of that?
The only one beneffiting from that kind of development would be the devs., because they could make shared content for both without any excuses. It would save them time & work, but I don't believe they should loosen up that much, for the sake of STO.

So, what's the point in declaring peace really?
Closed Thread