Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Rihannsu
# 21
02-03-2013, 05:14 AM
I've found you can tell its going to happen when the mission goal text stays on enter the tholian base, instead of changing to the space text (cant remember what that was).

the only thing i suggest is logging out for 5 minutes and try and let the mission reset itself, then jump back in (should be at the end of the tholian base, then when entering the space section check the mission tracker info has changed

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-03-2013, 05:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainrevo1 View Post
I've found you can tell its going to happen when the mission goal text stays on enter the tholian base, instead of changing to the space text (cant remember what that was).

the only thing i suggest is logging out for 5 minutes and try and let the mission reset itself, then jump back in (should be at the end of the tholian base, then when entering the space section check the mission tracker info has changed
You dont need to wait, you can log in again an it will work.. done with all my toons, hope that helps!
Republic Veteran
So I've spent HOURS trying to work out what it is - its so simple you're all going to laugh.

So when you're in the Enterprise C, after you and the Timeship have made short work of the Tholians, they generally drop loot; now if you're like me, you'll be so busy picking up loot that you don't answer the hail from the Timeship, and instead go straight to the anomaly like the mission text says - however if you don't talk with the Timeship captain before doing this, for some reason the mission doesn't update properly.

So to fix it, make 100% sure you've talked with the Timeship captain before heading back into the anomaly.
Career Officer
# 24
02-03-2013, 03:08 PM
you are all wrong, none of that works. before you post a solution, make sure you have tested it more then once. what has happened was that you lucked out and got completion.

Furthermore, not one of you should be posting a 'workaround' - it wasnt intended to be worked around. - Craptic should fix their stupid mistakes.

Is this game made by amateurs?
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-04-2013, 05:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaevsman View Post
You dont need to wait, you can log in again an it will work.. done with all my toons, hope that helps!
I have confirmed his solution is the best workaround.
Republic Veteran
# 26
02-04-2013, 06:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by benoliverwillock View Post
So I've spent HOURS trying to work out what it is - its so simple you're all going to laugh.

So when you're in the Enterprise C, after you and the Timeship have made short work of the Tholians, they generally drop loot; now if you're like me, you'll be so busy picking up loot that you don't answer the hail from the Timeship, and instead go straight to the anomaly like the mission text says - however if you don't talk with the Timeship captain before doing this, for some reason the mission doesn't update properly.

So to fix it, make 100% sure you've talked with the Timeship captain before heading back into the anomaly.
Afraid that's not it. I've specifically done the conversation with the Timeship and still got no credit.

In fact, the bug appears as soon as you board Ent-C. If you board the ship, the mission stage should change to "Redacted" as the title when it works. If it doesn't, you get "Go to the Tholian Base" again, just like when you first received the mission, as soon as you enter the space map to battle the Tholians.

There doesn't appear to be a consistent way to reproduce the bug, or fix it. I've tried different variations with having NPCs disable security systems. I've tried completing or not completing the "Hand Drawn Map." I've tried either waiting for the NPCs on the shielded walkway, or running ahead to start disabling it before they catch up.
Republic Veteran
# 27
02-04-2013, 06:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahnalos View Post
I have confirmed his solution is the best workaround.
The "change character" screen trick did not work for me.
Lieutenant
# 28
02-08-2013, 12:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegrassgeek View Post
The "change character" screen trick did not work for me.

Didn't work for me too.
I'm really suprise that criptic didn't fix ths

for my 3 characters mission went fine, but my kdf and 4th fed char no luck with completing

Criptic FIX ths or give us the ship and uniform without the mission!!
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-11-2013, 07:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirlettia View Post
Had this problem on my kdf toon as I got through the mission and then it said to go back to the base. Went back to continue which through me in the tunnels and then i had to make sure i didnt try and skip any cutscenes so it would finally complete.
Darn shame that a signature episode should be so bugged in the first place.. Did you guys at Cryptic even bother checking the quality? You should be ashamed of such terrible workman ship on a signature mission no less.

Guess these guys never heard of the old adage ?Quality goes in before the name goes on.?
Survivor of Romulus
# 30
02-12-2013, 05:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maerdyn View Post
for some reason only fed have this problem, I did it on my KDF char.
Sorry. I had the bug pop up on my KDF character, too.
--

Coffee, chocolate, bacon, and phasers. What more do I need?