Lt. Commander
# 11
02-02-2013, 11:54 AM
I ran into the problem once as well as a fleet member had the problem. so on my 2nd round of it, i hailed starfleet b4 i even left the system. collected the reward it completed, THEN i left the azure nebula
*Me*Why don't you just step away from the weapons console. You and I both know that you couldn't hit that cube, even if it was right in front of us.
*Junior Tactical Officer* But sir the cube IS right in front of us.
*Me* EXACTLY! Its right in front of us and you still missed it! Just step away from the console.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-02-2013, 12:03 PM
Quote:
"Tasha Yar: Tholian webbing;
Richard Castillo: Power levels;
T'Nae: Tractor beam;
Our officer: Docking clamps.
That's the combination I used and it did NOT work for me.
Ensign
# 13
02-02-2013, 01:28 PM
Used the same combination and did NOT work for me either?!
Starfleet Veteran
# 14
02-02-2013, 02:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sissko1 View Post
Used the same combination and did NOT work for me either?!
Had the same problem. Explained exactly what I did in this thread to finally get it to complete: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=537221

My best guess is that it was the waiting 15 minutes to scan the anomaly at the end. It could be connected to not asking about their specialties, but I find that less likely. Anyway, all the other stuff people have said they've done did not work for me.

Hope this does for you.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Vice Admiral Moogie, U.S.S. Acquisition
Rule of Acquisition #57: Good customers are as rare as latinum. Treasure them.
Starfleet Veteran
# 15
02-02-2013, 02:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshl7889 View Post
I ran into the problem once as well as a fleet member had the problem. so on my 2nd round of it, i hailed starfleet b4 i even left the system. collected the reward it completed, THEN i left the azure nebula
I don't know how that worked for you. There was never a reward for me to collect unless the mission completed. The issue was always that it didn't seem to register the final scan before leaving the area. Therefore, it didn't complete, which meant there was no way to hail anyone for a reward.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Vice Admiral Moogie, U.S.S. Acquisition
Rule of Acquisition #57: Good customers are as rare as latinum. Treasure them.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-02-2013, 08:20 PM
Seems to me that the problem is a transition from sub missions "Will Save (More Than) Nine" and "Threading the Needle". If you don't see "Threading the Needle" in your mission to do list, then something wrong has happened. I've verified this on two of my accounts, still says "Will Save (More Than) Nine" instead. Only got one of my free ships so far.

Not sure what has happened in this case but it needs to be fixed.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-02-2013, 09:24 PM
I think I know where the bug is happening.

While in the Corridor on the way to the Enterprise C, the general mission list (not the one with the specific objectives) still says "Will Save (More Than) Nine" instead of "Threading the Needle" which is what is supposed to say at this point. However, the specific objectives list still says "Will Save (More Than) Nine".

If done right, the list says "Threading the Needle", but it doesn't match up with the specific objectives list. Looks like there is a bit of a programming bug between either the base or the corridor.

There is a workaround, when in the room, just before you go fetch Tasha T'nae and Castillo, you need to go to the Character Select screen and go back to the character you are playing. More often than not, this fixes the error and it has appeared to work for me.

Hope this helps
Lieutenant
# 18
02-03-2013, 10:17 PM
Every time iv done this mission its bugged only worked once out of four trys :S
Make It STO Podcast Click Here
Captain
# 19
02-03-2013, 10:47 PM
Quote:
"Tasha Yar: Tholian webbing;
Richard Castillo: Power levels;
T'Nae: Tractor beam;
Our officer: Docking clamps.
Worked each time, on 3 different toons. Don't know if it makes a difference but I always released the docking clamps AFTER everyone else was finished with their chore.

...And I didn't reconfigure the ship in ANY way either, didn't assign BOFFS, didn't install gear, NOTHING ! Might make a difference.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

You're gonna upgrade my Chel Grett for FREE but charge me $27 to upgrade my Kamarag ?
Republic Veteran
# 20
02-04-2013, 07:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmalak1 View Post
...And I didn't reconfigure the ship in ANY way either, didn't assign BOFFS, didn't install gear, NOTHING ! Might make a difference.
It doesn't. I've changed nothing from the default layout and still did not receive credit. I agree with the comment earlier, this happens somewhere between exiting the maintenance tunnels and boarding the Ent-C. I do not think it's related to the assignments you give the NPCs, as I kept getting the bug whether I put them on their specialties or not. It seems really random, like a variable isn't getting flipped somewhere in that sequence.