Ensign
I cant find the encryption key after defeating the "killer" in the mission "What lies beneath" in the drozana station.

According to the walkthrough I just should "have" the key after defeating the killer. But i don't. Also mission still says "Defeat the Killer and Find His Encryption Key", although I already defeated him.
There is a circle on the map, approximately where the killer was, but there is no key.

I repeated this mission-part multiple times with the same outcome .

What am I doing wrong?
Career Officer
# 2
01-30-2013, 11:52 AM
Look for a 'glowie' in the area. It's been a while, but UI think the key was somewhere in teh map, and not on the NPC.
Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012 http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91861979000&dateline=  1340755546
PWE Drone says: "Your STO community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
Ensign
# 3
01-30-2013, 12:55 PM
unfortunately there is no "glowie", i searched the hole map, but no key .
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-30-2013, 01:35 PM
u may have killed the hologram but u have to kill all the dividians too. Everytime i run that mission, one runs away and hides up in the fans on the ceiling. u have to kill him and then u automatically get the key. its not something u actually have to pick up
*Me*Why don't you just step away from the weapons console. You and I both know that you couldn't hit that cube, even if it was right in front of us.
*Junior Tactical Officer* But sir the cube IS right in front of us.
*Me* EXACTLY! Its right in front of us and you still missed it! Just step away from the console.
Ensign
# 5
01-31-2013, 10:57 AM
I only use the Wiki as a very last resort when I find a problem in one of the missions..

http://www.stowiki.org/Main_Page
Republic Veteran
# 6
02-04-2013, 07:23 AM
Right, you have to kill all of the Devidians. However, sometimes one or more will get "stuck" in the ceiling. The only fix is either to reload the mission & start over, or try to maneuver your crew around enough you can get a clear shot at it, to kill it.

Come to think of it, the latter may be easier now that you can go into first-person mode.
Ensign
# 7
05-04-2013, 10:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by enduremanure1 View Post
I cant find the encryption key after defeating the "killer" in the mission "What lies beneath" in the drozana station.

According to the walkthrough I just should "have" the key after defeating the killer. But i don't. Also mission still says "Defeat the Killer and Find His Encryption Key", although I already defeated him.
There is a circle on the map, approximately where the killer was, but there is no key.

I repeated this mission-part multiple times with the same outcome .

What am I doing wrong?
Now, i AM aware that this is an older post, however, i just had that same issue, and also had the hardest facepalm of my life...

To me, it was so obvious, it was shamefull to miss it.... buttom left cornor of yer screen, theres a tab called "OPS" ... click through that, and you get to move on to next stage

... yer, im a noob, and im proud of it, as it takes a noob to be a pro
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-04-2013, 09:14 PM
Yea u have to kill the enemies that get stuck up in the ceiling lol so sad
Lieutenant
# 9
05-05-2013, 11:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegrassgeek View Post
you can go into first-person mode.
What?

Are you talking about the over-the-shoulder third person aim mode?
Ensign
# 10
05-14-2013, 09:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyrophile View Post
What?

Are you talking about the over-the-shoulder third person aim mode?
Your right not really. But it is like first person if you press X for AIM and you have a SNiper rifle or what not.